So the Cavs are out to a great start. 2-0.Lebron deserves the MVP-if the Cavs had Kobe, Dwyane, Carmello or anybody else, the Cavs would not be as good. Lebron is definatley the most valuable player to any team because he would completley change their record.GO CAVS!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Lebron will win MVP this year. He's just too good.2. Dont get too excited about the Spurs win. The Spurs were on the second half of a back-to-back where they beat the Mavs the night before. The Cavs came in rested. I would EXPECT to Cavs to win that game.3. While Lebron could use more talent on that team, his team is NOT absent of talent. Hughes, Ilguaskas, and Gooden are all quality players.

man-tough loss tonight.during the first half, i thought they wouldn't be able to lose. gooden was on fire.then LBJ wasn't taking any shots, just trying to pass the ball.Whatever. LBJ bobblehead on tuesday, i'll be there.

The team still has serious problems - but well so do all the teamsZ is a horrible fit, despite his talent, he and gooden are never on the floor in crunch timeSnow can't score at allHughes is streakyI like their new offense though

The team still has serious problems - but well so do all the teamsZ is a horrible fit, despite his talent, he and gooden are never on the floor in crunch timeSnow can't score at allHughes is streakyI like their new offense though
if hughes stays healthy, i think he will be great
That was real classy of LJ to take a desperate 3 then walk off the court and not go down to play D for the last possesion.
everybody complelety overreacting to this.the cavs were were down by 7 with like 3 seconds to go. there is no way they could have won. its ture that he shouldn't have left, but people are saying that he is a sore looser and crap like that which is completley rediculous. name one player who is more of a team player then lebron
name one player who is more of a team player then lebron
Its not a "team player" issue. Its a sportmanship, competitive, and maturity issue. For a bench player, its probably a small issue (but still an issue). For a guy that's suppose to be the face of the league, its a big issue.
Its not a "team player" issue. Its a sportmanship, competitive, and maturity issue. For a bench player, its probably a small issue (but still an issue). For a guy that's suppose to be the face of the league, its a big issue.
i mean...i agree that he should not have done it...but under no circumstance do i see what he did as bad sportsmanship. the game was over-nothing lebron or even michael jordan could have done to win the game.

please the guy works his tail off for 52 and a half minutes and than gives up when its over - i could really care lessactually nothing is more annoying than the opposite watching teams that are down by 10 with 30 seconds left fouling to prolong the agony

everybody complelety overreacting to this.the cavs were were down by 7 with like 3 seconds to go. there is no way they could have won. its ture that he shouldn't have left, but people are saying that he is a sore looser and crap like that which is completley rediculous. name one player who is more of a team player then lebron
No. He took the shot with 17 seconds left and the other team grabbed the rebound and crossed the court with 12 seconds left.The game was over, but that isn't the point. What if all his teammates just walked off the court and nobody got back for the final 12 seconds. How classy would that have looked? I'm not saying foul, get in a defensive stance, anything, but you get back and stand there for the final 12 seconds. Thats your job. I can't leave work early on Friday just because I know we are gonna be slow from 5 to 6pm.He was wrong. It isn't the end of the world, but he was wrong.
please the guy works his tail off for 52 and a half minutes and than gives up when its over - i could really care less
basketball games are 48 minutes long and I'm not sure this was an overtime game.
it was in ot
the cavs were down by nine-not seven
fair enough to both of you, but that still doesn't give him the right to walk off.Like I asked, would it be ok if everyone on the defensive side walked off once the shot clock was off and the game was out of reach?

I'm in agreement with Ron Mexico here. But I do think its a bigger deal than most people realize. When a player is in that situation, he will always get back on D. The reason is because its just instinctive. "The other team has the ball. The horn has not sounded. Get back on defense." Thats what goes through everyone's mind with the exception of Lebron that night. At some point he made the decision (before or after the shot) that he would not run back down. That bothers me just from a standpoint on how he approaches the game. And needless to say its unprofessional.Here are some quotes that I would like to comment on.Lebron

If we would have won the game, it would have never been mentioned. Say if we was winning the game and I did the same thing. Would it have been mentioned? I don't think so.
He's wrong. Its just as bad. Once again, I'm bothered he doesnt realize this.Drew Gooden
LeBron is under such a microscope that every little thing he does gets noticed. I don't care what anybody says, at some point I'm sure Michael Jordan and Larry Bird walked off the floor with 13 seconds left.
While I dont have proof, I'm betting this is NOT true. Those guys played til time expired. And knew better than to leave the court early.Mike Brown
We both understand there is a right way to do things. This business is the perception business and the right way to do it is to finish the game out on the court. It won't happen again.
He's close enough with this (its more than just perception). He doesnt want to blast Lebron in the press which is the right thing to do. Trust me, he knows how wrong Lebron was.Scott Skiles
I've seen Reggie Miller score eight points in nine seconds, so it has happened
Yes the Cavs were down by 9, but he's on target with this. Always keep playing hard til the game is over. No way Skiles walks off the floor with 13 seconds.
Yes the Cavs were down by 9, but he's on target with this. Always keep playing hard til the game is over. No way Skiles walks off the floor with 13 seconds.
i thought there was more like seven seconds.and everyone is blowing this out of proportion. if anybody but lebron did it-no big deal. if drew gooden or any other cav would have done it, nobody whould say anything
i thought there was more like seven seconds.and everyone is blowing this out of proportion. if anybody but lebron did it-no big deal. if drew gooden or any other cav would have done it, nobody whould say anything
The articles that I read said something like 15 or 13 seconds left, but the exact amount of time isnt important.I agree that if anyone other than Lebron did this it would not be as big of a news story. However, if another player did that, the player would likely be penalized in some fashion by the coach. Probably something like a starter not starting or a bench player not playing the first half. Either way, any coach worth a damn would show that behavior is unacceptable. In Lebrons case, he did not receive any punishment from the coach. I think thats a good move since all the media attention basically got the point across.
When your the leagues showcase player and Nike's top spokesman, yoru held to higher standards... he should be more mature and deal with it.

WOW!-who saw the game tonight?Cavs were down like 10-1 within the first couple of minutes and at one point we were down by 25. At the end of the third the cavs were down by 16. During the fourth i think the cavs were down by 17 and then rallied till they were down by 14 and then this play came up--the cavs defense stole the ball and Damon Jones was with two other Cavs (sasha and andy i think) and only one boston player-it was a three on one fast break and instead of the cavs taking the east two, Damon Jones put up the three. why? 3 vs. 1 and he puts up the 3-but he made it so the cavs were down by 11. if he missed it, the cavs would have lost but if he just went for the easy two i think we still would have won (we only won by one but LBJ missed the last shot on purpose to run down the clock)-then we rallied back and were up by 1 with 1.7 left in the game and Lebron was at the line-he missed the first and then tried to miss the second on purpose to run down the clock but he did not hit the rim so bostong got the ball backfortunately they missed and the CAVS WON! It was the best fourth quarter i have ever seen-cavs 60 celtics 76 at the begginning of fourth -cavs 94 celtics 93 at the end of the fourthlebron had 38

i still think everyone is taking this too far-who cares, the cavs lost and lebron is still the man
No hes not, the man makes the 3, steals the inbound and hits another 3, then repeats until his team wins. He doesnt walk off the court like a whiny little girl and disrespects the game. Contrary to what his retarded teammates think, you NEVER saw Jordan, Magic, Bird, Russell, Robertson etc etc do that ever.