Official Manu Ginobili Thread

Please no talk of the Spurs besides Ginobili in this thread.He's God.Here's game 1 stat line: 16pts, 8 assists, 5 steals, 3 rebounds.Also, I'll let you all look at his nice mix tape, making a in his prime Shaq look ridiculous many times.

Hi Booby.
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you've ever been to Argentina but they make that statement seem mild in comparison.Manu's slash moves are some of the best in the league and is money from outside. I love those two aspects in players especially from a fan standpoint. However he has a way of making it unwatchable.I'm the biggest fan of Portuguese football you'll ever find and I'll even defend Cristiano Ronaldo to the grave or an International Cup whichever comes first but I think its pretty fair to acknowledge the, what would the term be, doucheries.Manu is the C. Ronaldo of the NBA.That's all I have to say.

I don't know if you've ever been to Argentina but they make that statement seem mild in comparison.Manu's slash moves are some of the best in the league and is money from outside. I love those two aspects in players especially from a fan standpoint. However he has a way of making it unwatchable.I'm the biggest fan of Portuguese football you'll ever find and I'll even defend Cristiano Ronaldo to the grave or an International Cup whichever comes first but I think its pretty fair to acknowledge the, what would the term be, doucheries.Manu is the C. Ronaldo of the NBA.That's all I have to say.
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say?That he's a douche? But I have no clue who this Ronaldo cat is either. But if you're comparing the two, I have to believe he is similar to Jesus.
If you don't think Ginobli has an ego, than you should just put down the pipe.To be fair, I think Parker gets a little more credit than he deserves. While you are busy ripping him down though, you are completely missing what he does bring to the table. That speed you talked about, it gets him into the lane nearly at will. Why shoot jumpers when you can get layups or drive to the lane and kick it out for a open three or drop it off to Duncan? His jumper has gotten much more consistent, he is regularly in the top 5 FG% by PG's now. He may not have great three point range but if you leave him open inside of 18-20 feet he drills it. He isn't Jason Kidd with the passing, but he isn't exactly a turnover machine either. The guy is an efficient PG. He isn't the best defensive player in a one on one situation, but neither is Ginobli. Parker plays pretty good team defense, he knows where his teammates are and how to filter guys that are getting by him to where they are likely to run into a shot blocker or double team. Ginobli in comparison gets himself out of position a lot gambling for steals. That's great when he makes the play, and its a huge liability when he doesn't.Maybe you should read through his career numbers and information here. Yea in his second year Popovich was sitting him at the end of games for more experienced players in the playoffs, he wasn't getting benched for the entire game like you make it out that he is. And at one time (his second year in the league), they wanted to bring Kidd in because he hadn't developed quite as fast as they would have liked, but somehow that hasn't stopped him from improving each year and continuing to win championships. I don't see San Antonio trying to trade for Kidd now, do you? He didn't win the NBA finals MVP because he played horribly.Comparing international teams is dumb, everyone knows Argentina's has far more depth and talent than France, that's like flip flopping Manu with Kevin Durant and complaining he couldn't get the Supersonics to the finals. But you shoudl look at Parkers International numbers, it's not like he is slacking off.
Nice, I wasn't sure if you could quote from a different thread.Where's Ginobili's ego apparent? I have never seen anything to show his ego in his play, interviews, or how he presents himself. He's also an unselfish player on the court, which I think shows true ego, but it's arguable.I think Parker is a fine PG. Probably around 12thish in the league. I just think he's treated like he's a top 3 PG. Duncan and the Spurs philosophy cover up a tonnnn of his leaks. I think Parker is a defensive liability whereas Ginobili is an asset. You make them seem comparable, which I don't know if you believe but that's how it reads. I mean, Ginobili got votes for all defensive team. (I don't think he deserves it) Ginobili's 1 on 1 D isn't great, but his team D is amazing. You make it sound like he just haphazrdly runs around gambling, he's very heady and takes educated gambles, IMO.I didn't mean to make it seem like Parker was being benched for entire games. Just for when every possession was of the utmost importance, which should speak volumes. I believe Jaque Vaughn is much closer to the PG that Pop wants than Parker is, obv just a guess. Obv Parker's talent makes up for a lot of his mistakes, but it doesn't mean they aren't there. It's bothersome to me to watch natural talent make up for sloppiness in other parts of the game. Jealousy, pet peeve or whatever.Argentina does NOT have far more depth than France. Easier competition? Sure. Better coaching? Definitely. Better players? Eh, I don't think so. France was cutting NBA players from their international team for God's sake. They have talent and depth for days, they just play poorly. To me that's on the best player of the team. If you're the best player you take responsibility for how your team performs, especially when they have the talent of other teams. It doesn't matter much, but it's how I'm trying to prove that Parker isn't as good as advertised and can't carry a team.His numbers internationally are respectable, but the W/L column isn't. But mainly, he just doesn't destroy other quality PGs in international play. I don't think the same can be said about Ginobili, it's always pretty apparent that he's holding the team together.
Argentina does NOT have far more depth than France. Easier competition? Sure. Better coaching? Definitely. Better players? Eh, I don't think so. France was cutting NBA players from their international team for God's sake. They have talent and depth for days, they just play poorly. To me that's on the best player of the team. If you're the best player you take responsibility for how your team performs, especially when they have the talent of other teams. It doesn't matter much, but it's how I'm trying to prove that Parker isn't as good as advertised and can't carry a team.His numbers internationally are respectable, but the W/L column isn't. But mainly, he just doesn't destroy other quality PGs in international play. I don't think the same can be said about Ginobili, it's always pretty apparent that he's holding the team together.
I'm pretty sure there are far more Argentineans in the NBA than French. Parker was only the third Frenchman to wear a NBA uniform. The only other French guy I can think of in the NBA right now is Boris Diaw. Pretty much the entire starting roster from the Argentine national team is in the NBA.
I didn't know taking dives and jumping into contact was how the game was supposed to be played.Edit: I can't believe *Manu Ginobili* irrational fandom is derailing the Lakers thread
I was referring to his hustle and hardwork. It's ridiculous how far he takes a skillset of: set shot and only able to go left, and makes it work.Taking advantage of the rules and being heady is a bad thing? Every good finisher that has a solid foul shot jumps into contact. That's just playing smart. He also gets in players' heads doing those things which is smart as well.
I'm pretty sure there are far more Argentineans in the NBA than French. Parker was only the third Frenchman to wear a NBA uniform. The only other French guy I can think of in the NBA right now is Boris Diaw. Pretty much the entire starting roster from the Argentine national team is in the NBA.
This is inaccurate. There are more NBA players on the French national team than the Argentine.I'm guessing, but I think Ginobili was the 1st Argentine to don an NBA uniform.Ugh, this is frustrating to try and look up the French roster. Turiaf, Diaw, Parker, Gelalbe?, another god damn good player I can't name. Soooooooooo tilted I can't find their roster.

Boris Diaw - forward for the Phoenix Suns and current team captainIan Mahinmi - SpursTony Parker - guard for the San Antonio Spurs Mickael Pietrus - guard for the Golden State Warriors Frédéric Weis - was in the league last year.Ronny Turiaf - forward for Los Angeles Lakers Johan Petro - center for the Seattle SuperSonics Mickael Gelabale - forward for the Seattle SuperSonics

Boris Diaw - forward for the Phoenix Suns and current team captainIan Mahinmi - SpursTony Parker - guard for the San Antonio Spurs Mickael Pietrus - guard for the Golden State Warriors Frédéric Weis - was in the league last year.Ronny Turiaf - forward for Los Angeles Lakers Johan Petro - center for the Seattle SuperSonics Mickael Gelabale - forward for the Seattle SuperSonics
I forgot about Pietrus, probably cause I didn't know he was french. Turiaf is ok for a few minutes a game, Diaw and Parker are good. The rest suck. I'd take the Argentine players (Nocioni, Ginobli etc.. ) against that lineup though.
NO.....250px-bobby-brown-my-prerogative.jpgThats MY prerogative.
Gotta give props to the threads on the actual album cover, too.B000002PHV.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

WOWOWOWOWOW.That dunk on Yao was beautiful. Another solid game for Manu, but there goes the undefeated season. Houston could be tough all yr for the spurs, they have trouble matching up, especially when Bonzi is out there.