• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HalfWit

HalfWit

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:59 PM

Daniel described an amateur player at his table as "easily exploitable yet "lucky" player", but it turns out she may not have been lucky after all, and Daniel may have been the one being exploited.Everyone knows Daniel loves to see a flop cheaply with small cards...especially suited connectors.This "easily exploitable yet "lucky" player" noticed that Daniel's standard raise was 2.5 x BB. When she was in the BB and Daniel raised this amount, she would call with almost anything. If a large card card hit the flop, she'd bet out. Daniel folded to this numerous times. So while Daniel thinks the flop is constantly hitting her and she's just being lucky, she's actually exploiting one of his known tendencies. This was probably what led Tom McEvoy to comment "She's been slapping us around all day, especially Daniel."Maybe Daniel should give amateurs more credit.

#2 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:09 PM

Where'd you get this info, assuming it's legit?

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:27 AM

You may have one guess.

#4 Guest_Jolaine Minton_*

Guest_Jolaine Minton_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:05 AM

And someone thought I was just cranky because I'm Kaelaine's Mom!Thanks for this easily recognizable post.Jolaine Minton aka Kaelaine's Mom

HalfWit said:

Daniel described an amateur player at his table as "easily exploitable yet "lucky" player", but it turns out she may not have been lucky after all, and Daniel may have been the one being exploited.Everyone knows Daniel loves to see a flop cheaply with small cards...especially suited connectors.This "easily exploitable yet "lucky" player" noticed that Daniel's standard raise was 2.5 x BB.  When she was in the BB and Daniel raised this amount, she would call with almost anything.  If a large card card hit the flop, she'd bet out.  Daniel folded to this numerous times.  So while Daniel thinks the flop is constantly hitting her and she's just being lucky, she's actually exploiting one of his known tendencies.  This was  probably what led Tom McEvoy to comment  "She's been slapping us around all day, especially Daniel."Maybe Daniel should give amateurs more credit.

#5 koa

koa

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

when you win as much WPT's as Daniel has you'll get the respect you want.
CD: Is there a limit that makes you play differently?

Phil Ivey: I havenít seen one yet. I always want to play as high as I possibly can. Iíd like to play $8,000-$16,000 . You canít be afraid to lose. There may be some players who have the ability to play higher and could play and compete in our games, but they are afraid of losing money. They feel that they donít need it. I say, ďWell, whatís the point of living?Ē If you can do it, and you believe that you can do it, I say go for it.

#6 Guest_Monday Stray_*

Guest_Monday Stray_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

you'll get 'respect'..." Why are you talking to Halfwit in this manner when the post clearly references someone else? Also, why did you substitute "respect" for "credit?" When taken in its entirety..., well, perhaps we should both read Halfwit's post again. I, for one, found Halfwit to be well-informed and accurate. Also, the post was well written. Possibly I know Halfwit by a different name? :roll: Halfwit, save that handle for the poker table... there's nothing "half" about you. Or, if there is, I'm going to draw a warm bath and ask someone to help me into the tub and open up a vein! :wink:

#7 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:15 PM

By the way this whole discussion is on pokerschoolonline.com's private forums...Kaelaine wrote us up a nice report for her 3 days in the tourney...how she was dumb to double daniel up in day 1 and how in day 2 she smacked Daniel aroundI dont mean it like she is a better player than Daniel or anything but if you hear it from the other side of the fence youll realize that Kaelaine wasnt just "lucky"

#8 Chrisj1616

Chrisj1616

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:17 PM

Anonymous said:

By the way this whole discussion is on pokerschoolonline.com's private forums...Kaelaine wrote us up a nice report for her 3 days in the tourney...how she was dumb to double daniel up in day 1 and how in day 2 she smacked Daniel aroundI dont mean it like she is a better player than Daniel or anything but if you hear it from the other side of the fence youll realize that Kaelaine wasnt just "lucky"
By the way that is My post...for some reason you dont need to be logged in to reply to this thread...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users