• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a major, major blunder for the mccain campaign, now reaching astonishing levels of incompetence. mccain is old as hell and not the picture of health. if elected he could easily kick it while in office leaving palin president. people in this country are simply not going to be comfortable with that thought.gift to the obama campaign.

this is a major, major blunder for the mccain campaign, now reaching astonishing levels of incompetence. mccain is old as hell and not the picture of health. if elected he could easily kick it while in office leaving palin president. people in this country are simply not going to be comfortable with that thought.gift to the obama campaign.
I take this move as the start of his concession speech. Can't wait to watch Biden make her cry!

I assume he's trying to snag more Hilary voters. But I do think it'll come back to bite him in the butt. Who the hell is she anyway? Has she even given a SPEECH? Lol, thanks Republicans.

Wow.I thought he needed Romney or Ridge if he wanted any chance at getting Penn and/or Mich.This could be horrible news.I guess he is thinking that he needs to grab HRC's supporters.I just know My wife is gonna be pissed.

This is exactly what I thought as a gut reaction. Then I read about her. Life member of the NRA, mother of a Down's child, Pro-life, mother of a soldier who's headed overseas next month, hunter, the only candidate in the race with any Executive level experience, and obviously she's a woman. That's a whole lot of generally-ignored bases covered in one shot. And if nothing else, they just took every bit of the wind out of the Dems sails coming out of the convention, because this is all anyone will be talking about for the next week.

From Wikipedia:Sarah Louise Heath Palin (born February 11, 1964) is the current Governor of Alaska, and the presumptive 2008 Republican candidate for Vice President of the United States.[1] She is expected to be the second female Vice Presidential nominee representing a major American political party.[2] After being selected as the runner-up in the 1984 Miss Alaska contest, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla, Alaska, City Council from 1992 to 1996, was elected mayor of Wasilla in 1996, and ran unsuccessfully for Lieutenant Governor in 2002.After charging ethical violations by state Republican Party leaders,[3] she won election in 2006 by first defeating the incumbent governor in the Republican primary, then a former Democratic Alaskan governor in the general election.Now that sounds like an excellent criteria to be a heartbeat away from the presidency - especially one of a man in his 70's. This should scare the hell outta anybody.

Time to start looking for that Canadian property Ive wanted for so long. McCain, youre a f$%ing moron.
Lol. We'll miss you too much. Come on, it's not so bad, she's good looking, young, and she's from Alaska, for Christ's sake. I mean, if you actually live out there, you have to be at least somewhat of a badass.

Five reasons why Sarah Palin is a laugh-out-loud choice for VP9:30 AM Fri, Aug 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! BuzzMichael Landauer Seriously? Sarah Palin for VP? It's one thing for millions of voters to put forward a sitting senator as a possible commander in chief, but for John McCain to hand-pick a first-term governor of a tiny state is bizarre. Here are five reasons why, if she is the pick, this is a huge mistake:1. There goes McCain's best argument. He cannot say Obama is not ready but she is. Obama started organizing his campaign for president the same month she was sworn in to lead the third-smallest state's government. 2. She has no base of support. Obama won his senate seat with 3,597,456 votes, that's more than five times the population of Alaska. He has won more than 18 million votes in a long, tough primary that tested him and prepared him. How has she been tested? She lost her first bid for statewide office, then won the governor's office with 114,697 votes, not a majority, but enough to take office. And apparently, enough to set her up for the Oval Office. 3. The "woman card" will backfire. She's no Hillary Clinton. And this is such an obvious ploy. It would be different if she were known to anyone or qualified or something. 4. Alaska, a corrupt hinterland. Yes, she is a hard-nosed, tough reformer. But the McCain campaign will have to deal with the fact that Alaska seems like a foreign land as corrupt as Louisiana. It's longtime senator will stand trial smack dab in the middle of this campaign season, and McCain may have to vote to remove him from office. Yes, they can spin it that she is someone cleaning up the mess up there, but what Americans realize is that they don't know much about what goes on up there. Will they be comfortable with her? 5. Was this McCain's choice?It seems clear that McCain wanted to go with Lieberman but was talked out of it by the right wing of his party. Rove admits calling Lieberman to ask him to pull his name out. Bush lost his way because he never stood up to Rove et. al. McCain is headed down the same path.

Time to start looking for that Canadian property Ive wanted for so long. McCain, youre a f$%ing moron.
I actually like it, if I were pro McCain. She is going to help get the swing votes. She is known as a reformer, she is younger than Obama. She will generate a lot of support. She is against abortion and has a down syndrome kid(not sure why that helps but this was in one of the articles I read) She is a strong conservative, fiscally and socially. The hard line conservatives will vote for McCain just so by not voting they let in Obama, so hes right to take a shot at the swing voters. But yes this an optimistic view and it could end rather disatrously, hopefully.Edit: very happy with the name of this topic

Things Old Republicans love African Americans and women in leadership......wah wah wah..thanks for the gift Johnny boy. They might not even vote now. Who is he Walter Mondale.

Her lack of experience is the biggest issue here since McCain has been pushing that thread on Obama. Now, you have someone with much less experience who has only been governor for two years of a small/remote state.McCain's age makes this an even bigger issue since you have to really think about the succession plan and the VP being a heartbeat away from the Presidency.Yeah, she's a MILF but that probably works against her.Overall, this has to be a gift from McCain to Obama as Romney was the VP candidate that would have caused more problems for Obama/Biden.

Picture this
  • McCain wins the election
  • McCain croaks
  • Palin becomes the first woman president
  • Hillary rips one of Bills nuts off

Lol McCain picked the one VP that could totally energize both Bill and Hilary to get the vote out for Obama. Again for the Dems - SCORE!
like, it's so bad you almost wonder if they're kidding.
like, it's so bad you almost wonder if they're kidding.
Yeah, I am pretty much speechless. I have never even heard of her.I don't care about her being a women, or former Miss Alaska or any of that, but where is her experience? Weird pick.I always thought he would go for Tom Ridge in the end.

I can't believe this at all. It makes absolutely no sense for McCain.

Yeah, I am pretty much speechless. I have never even heard of her.I don't care about her being a women, or former Miss Alaska or any of that, but where is her experience? Weird pick.I always thought he would go for Tom Ridge in the end.
Have you noticed the brain power of the contestants for Miss America lately? Lol, and she didn't even win that contest.