The last 6 months, the Borgata has been very cruel to me.Last night was no different.5/10 NL. I have about 850 chips. I am in the BB for this hand. SB is aggressive but not a great player. CO is a aggressive donk who overplays hands. They both have me covered by a bit.I have pocket sixes (black).UTG calls. UTG+2 raises to 25. CO raises to 75. Button calls. SB calls! I like the amount of money in this pot and I call. UTG folds. UTG+2 calls.Flop comes 7 :club: 6 :D 3 :) . SB quickly moves all in.I know he certainly doesnt have a made hand so I call. UTG+2 foldes. CO thinks and thinks and thinks and then he calls the all in too.I have a set. SB has 9 :) 8 :) . CO has A :D A :D .Turn is the 10 of diamonds. UGH. River is the 5 of diamonds. CO gets his miracle runner runner flush.Now, bad beat aside, did I make a bad mistake calling preflop? Was I wrong to call on the flop?

what's the point of your post? you went in with a set and lost?  This isn't anything new it happens every 6.235 seconds.
The point was the two questions at the end. Was i wrong to call preflop? (I think I made a bad call) was i wrong to call on the flop (probably not). Besides if you think the post is pointless just move on....

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 903 games 0.080 secs 11,287 games/secBoard: 3d 6d 7s Dead: equity (%) win (%) / tie (%) Hand 1: 54.5958 % [ 00.55 00.00 ] { 6s6c }Hand 2: 36.6556 % [ 00.37 00.00 ] { 9d8d }Hand 3: 08.7486 % [ 00.09 00.00 ] { AhAd }deal with it.

what's the point of your post? you went in with a set and lost?  This isn't anything new it happens every 6.235 seconds.
The point was the two questions at the end. Was i wrong to call preflop? (I think I made a bad call) was i wrong to call on the flop (probably not). Besides if you think the post is pointless just move on....
I generally don't like calling that much, implied odds though with all of the callers, and no, call the flop all day and 46687698743984396874365439874 times on sunday
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 903  games     0.080 secs    11,287  games/secBoard: 3d 6d 7s  Dead:             equity (%)      win (%) / tie (%)  Hand  1:   54.5958 %   [  00.55   00.00  ]    { 6s6c }Hand  2:   36.6556 %   [  00.37   00.00  ]    { 9d8d }Hand  3:   08.7486 %   [  00.09   00.00  ]    { AhAd }deal with it.
I can deal. it happens. I said bad beat aside was the preflop call correct. its like talking to a wall....
I generally don't like calling that much, implied odds though with all of the callers, and no, call the flop all day and 46687698743984396874365439874 times on sunday
thank you. I know the flop call is just about automatic. wanted to see what people thought of calling with a low pair out of position with good odds.

Seems like a pretty easy call to me on the flop - most likely you are up against an overpair and a flush draw - if this is the case, you probably have to dodge 11 cards twice so you are a big favorite. It just so happened that the flush draw was the one you did not want to see as it picked up 6 extra outs. You are still better than 50% here - I do not see how you can lay this down and still respect yourself

Seems like a pretty easy call to me on the flop - most likely you are up against an overpair and a flush draw - if this is the case, you probably have to dodge 11 cards twice so you are a big favorite. It just so happened that the flush draw was the one you did not want to see as it picked up 6 extra outs. You are still better than 50% here - I do not see how you can lay this down and still respect yourself
yeah I know. I called quickly. was more curious about people's thoughts on the preflop action.

You have reads on the players, but from a mathematical standpoint there seems to be enough money in the pot to make the call - close to 4 to 1 odds you are getting. If you factor in the deep stacks at the table it seems alright to me

yeah I know.  I called quickly.   was more curious about people's thoughts on the preflop action.
preflop you have to call with that many people. I will almost call with any pair preflop to a standard live action raise. I think you said the first guy to move all in had you covered, but if he didn't, you should have gone all in over the top. I think you were upset that the AA won, but you had the best hand on the flop and the worst hand on the river, so either way you would have lost. The only guy who played badly is the AA guy, although the 98 guy should not have gone all in, that was stupid.
look over your post and see if it makes sense
Makes sense to me, he just didnt mention the 89s caught a flush on the turn.btw I had almost the same exact thing happen to me in a tournament, and I had the 666.
Satan's hand never wins....fold pre-flop

I'm not sure I call a reraise with 66 from the BB. If you're last to act then probably call, but you're not assured to see a flop for $75 by any means.

yes it is a wrong call on the flop IMO. The player in worst position calls, the player in 2nd worst position raises, the player in 3rd worst position re-raises, 2 people call and now its up to you with 66 with the 2 people who are supposed to have good hands right behind you. In my mind i would expect this hand to get re-raised again a fair amount of the time, fold.once you make the set on the flop thats a whole 'nother story....but i think theres too much poker on TV when players with deep stacks sit in NL games and decide to go all-in on just a draw or an overpair or with practically any non-nut hand.

Bad preflop, good flop. Cmon do you really need to ask?
On the flop no you are right. THat one is obvious and I am not hung up on it. THats poker.But there has been some disagreement on the preflop call. I would say about half of the people say the call is fine preflop and half said it was no good.So it looks like I did need to ask :club: Thanks for all the advice everyone....except people who keep telling me to get over it. tHis was not awhiny post nor am I looking for sympathy. I was only 57% to win the hand on the flop. and I still had a winning weekend.
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 903  games     0.080 secs    11,287  games/secBoard: 3d 6d 7s  Dead:             equity (%)      win (%) / tie (%)  Hand  1:   54.5958 %   [  00.55   00.00  ]    { 6s6c }Hand  2:   36.6556 %   [  00.37   00.00  ]    { 9d8d }Hand  3:   08.7486 %   [  00.09   00.00  ]    { AhAd }deal with it.
I can deal. it happens. I said bad beat aside was the preflop call correct. its like talking to a wall....
i think my post has a bit more content than you realize.... it answers every question you have about the flop play.