200nl shorthanded hand

200NL 6 players. Blinds 1-2.Egarim has about $220. UTG has about $130Dealt to Egarim: Ac 10cUTG calls (fairly tight player for sh), Egarim raises to $8, 4 folds, UTG calls.Flop: 2h 4s 7sUTG checks. Egarim bets $10. UTG raises allin for about $110 more.Egarim: Flush draw huh?Egarim calls. UTG turns over As 8s. Turn and river are blanks. Egarim wins pot.

Please don't post results if you want unbiased feedback.Also, I don't care for strategy posts in the form of polls. Poker is not a democracy, and the majority does not determine the correct play. While good players may differ on what to do in a given situation, thoughtful debate teaches strategy better than a simple tallying of votes.I think calling here is absurd. Even if villain is on a flush draw, he could have an ace with a higher kicker.

Guest XXEddie

I dont get itYou put him on a flush draw....and still call with no pairmeaning its probably a coin flip...If im putting in $100 in this situtation its not in a coin flipI have a feeling you only posted this to brag really, and if he had an AK/AQ/AJ with or without the flush draw, or a pair, you would be smashing your head against a wall right now.

Please don't post results if you want unbiased feedback.Also, I don't care for strategy posts in the form of polls. Poker is not a democracy, and the majority does not determine the correct play. While good players may differ on what to do in a given situation, thoughtful debate teaches strategy better than a simple tallying of votes.I think calling here is absurd. Even if villain is on a flush draw, he could have an ace with a higher kicker.
Your right. Thoughtful debate doesn't include tallying votes... but if you haven't noticed... you're not going to receive thoughtful debates from all posters/posts. I wanted to have a little fun and see what people would vote.As for the call being absurd... MUHAHAHHAHA Don't doubt the skill. I took the whole time bank and put a lot of reasoning into the call. I was 95% sure that of his hand would be that 95% of the time :club:. I would post why I did it... but I want to see the flames and responses. PS: Thoughtful debate is most welcome too.
I dont get itYou put him on a flush draw....and still call with no pairmeaning its probably a coin flip...If im putting in $100 in this situtation its not in a coin flipI have a feeling you only posted this to brag really, and if he had an AK/AQ/AJ with or without the flush draw, or a pair, you would be smashing your head against a wall right now.
It's not a brag post. a a $100 win is nothing to brag about. U can just get that from a reload bonus. The reason i did this is to get a sense of how the majority of players view and react to this play. Obviously the only thing i was worried about was ak aq or aj. I crossed out ak and aq easily because I was sure he would've raised preflop. He was fairly predictable. I was about 90% sure he would've raised with aj suited. If he had ajos then he could've easily limped. Since I thought he had a flush draw he couldnt have ajos.

Nice call, but what are you looking for? A fucking cookie? A blowjob?This isn't an "I'm awesome" forum. You made a good read, and a negative EV call. If he's got a flush draw, and you're on a naked mediocre ace, do you realize how often you have to be a significant favorite to make this call profitable? Do you realize that you're a dog vs. a random hand? Do you realize that you're a 10 percent dog against KQs? Do you realize how HUGE a dog you are if he's got a pair to go with his draw? I bet you don't.Giving him two random flush cards means you're getting smoked. Ice

Obviously the only thing i was worried about was ak aq or aj.
I'd be worried about sets or overpairs here, too.
You would probably because you haven't played enough NL. There's a big clue that cries "I have a flush draw!"... and no it wasn't his eyes. :wink:
Guest XXEddie
Obviously the only thing i was worried about was ak aq or aj.
I'd be worried about sets or overpairs here, too.
You would probably because you haven't played enough NL. There's a big clue that cries "I have a flush draw!"... and no it wasn't his eyes. :wink:
and you havent played enough NL with fishmany times that check raise means"I have a set....Ill do what they do on TV"they check, you bet, then they think"Ill do what they do on TV....ALL IN!"Honestly though, I would love to play poker with you, especially NL, because it seems simple against you, go allin with a good hand, and youll think I have adraw, call with high card and lose
Guest XXEddie
It's not a brag post. a a $100 win is nothing to brag about. .
of course winning 100 is nothing to brag about and you werent bragging about thatyou were bragging about your call, I have made several calls similar to this with high card, as we all have, but not too many of us would call thinking he has a flush draw, considering most times if he has a flush draw, its a coin flip
Nice call, but what are you looking for?  A fucking cookie?  A blowjob?This isn't an "I'm awesome" forum.  You made a good read, and a negative EV call.  If he's got a flush draw, and you're on a naked mediocre ace, do you realize how often you have to be a significant favorite to make this call profitable?  Do you realize that you're a dog vs. a random hand?  Do you realize that you're a 10 percent dog against KQs?  Do you realize how HUGE a dog you are if he's got a pair to go with his draw?  I bet you don't.Giving him two random flush cards means you're getting smoked.  Ice
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.Negative EV? NO. I'm still a 2% favorite. How often do I have to be right? I'm not going to calculate that but it's in the high 90s%. No I am not a dog vs a random hand. 10% dog vs kqs... NO 4.9% dog gg. HUGE dog vs a pair with his draw??? Only way he has a pair with a draw is As 2s...
Guest XXEddie

Only way he has a pair with a draw is As 2s.any 2x of spades acuallybut my point....why are you saying that like its impossible to happen

It's not a brag post. a a $100 win is nothing to brag about. .
of course winning 100 is nothing to brag about and you werent bragging about thatyou were bragging about your call, I have made several calls similar to this with high card, as we all have, but not too many of us would call thinking he has a flush draw, considering most times if he has a flush draw, its a coin flip
Not meant to be an attack or "who's got bigger balls" by any means... I'm just curious as to what limits you play at?
Only way he has a pair with a draw is As 2s.any 2x of spades acuallybut my point....why are you saying that like its impossible to happen
Because... he's not a bad player. He's a fairly tight player. So he wouldn't limp in w/ 2x spades and calls a 4xbb raise out of pos. In fact he wouldn't do it with a2s the majority of the time.

Ok, after that last reply I do have to address how much of a donk call that was. Let's see what % you are to win the pot against hands he could have.50% to win vs As8s11% to win vs A7-o (he had A8, was it really that far of a stretch to put him on A7?)45% to win vs KsQs or basically any spades that didn't share A or T6% to win vs AsKs/AsQs/As/Js11% to win vs AK-o1.5% to win vs set8% to win vs As2s13/14% to win vs KK/QQ/JJ/TT24/25% to win vs 99/88What the hell were you hoping for? A coinflip at best?[sarcasm]GREAT PLAY![/sarcasm]-fop

Guest XXEddie
Because... he's not a bad player. He's a fairly tight player. So he wouldn't limp in w/ 2x spades and calls a 4xbb raise out of pos. In fact he wouldn't do it with a2s the majority of the time.
hes a fairly thight player and you call $100 more with A high???????
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.Negative EV? NO. I'm still a 2% favorite.
You're a 2% favorite against his actual holdings, but against his range of probable holdings you are probably a dog. For example, if he has 6s5s you are a 2:1 dog. You are also a dog versus KsJs.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.Negative EV? NO. I'm still a 2% favorite.
You're a 2% favorite against his actual holdings, but against his range of probable holdings you are probably a dog. For example, if he has 6s5s you are a 2:1 dog. You are also a dog versus KsJs.
I don't need a lecture of pot odds or ev. I can do it better than you. As for range of hands i narrowed it down to me having the best with a very small % of him having aj or a2. In addition to this you overlooking a lot of other factors that make this ev positive. Try to think more outside the box.
Guest XXEddie
Ok, after that last reply I do have to address how much of a donk call that was. Let's see what % you are to win the pot against hands he could have.48.5% to win vs As8s13.2% to win vs A7-o (he had A8, was it really that far of a stretch to put him on A7?)45.2% to win vs KsQs or basically any spades that didn't share A or T7.9% to win vs AsKs/AsQs/As/Js14.3% to win vs AK-o1.6% to win vs set8.7% to win vs As2s14.3% to win vs KK/QQ/JJ/TT25.6% to win vs 99/88What the hell were you hoping for? A coinflip at best?[sarcasm]GREAT PLAY![/sarcasm]-fop
Fixed the percentagesthe top half of them I needed to change by 4-5%I agree with your point, but do not blurt out random numbers
I don't need a lecture of pot odds or ev. I can do it better than you.
Sorry Egarim. This is twice I've responded to your post, and twice you've responded that I don't know what I'm talking about.If you don't want any critical feedback on your play, then don't post it in strategy.I don't know why you think you can do pot odds or ev better than me. You also seem to think you're a better player than everyone else who has replied to your post.I agree with Iceman that this is sounding more and more like a brag post than a serious question about strategy.

It was a far stretch to put him on a7os. I have plenty of reasoning into why. Some of the %'s are still wrong. I'm a 51.5% to win vs a8s u flipped it around. Also I'd appreciate a reply as to what limits you play at.. If you don't want to post could you pm it to me? I seriously mean no harm by it and don't mean to belittle you if you play lower. I'm simply curious. As I said earlier I wanted to get a sense of how players reacted and knowing what buyins you play at would help with some of what i'm pondering.

Hey man, I'm on your side here and you're giving me a little friendly fire.Me You50% 48.5%11% 13.2%45% 45.2%6% 7.9%11% 14.3%1.5% 1.6%8% 8.7%13/14% 14.3%24/25% 25.6%4-5% change my ass. The largest change there was 3.3%.It looks like the calculator you use adds in the split % for each player, mine gives it to me seperately.In the future please try to think about why you are flaming someone when you flame them. Did flaming me really accomplish anything?EDIT: I currently play the same limits as you. 200NL (6max).EDIT2: He had A8 of spades. He couldn't have had A7 of hearts?-fop

I don't need a lecture of pot odds or ev. I can do it better than you.
Sorry Egarim. This is twice I've responded to your post' date=' and twice you've responded that I don't know what I'm talking about.If you don't want any critical feedback on your play' date=' then don't post it in strategy.I don't know why you think you can do pot odds or ev better than me. You also seem to think you're a better player than everyone else who has replied to your post.I agree with Iceman that this is sounding more and more like a brag post than a serious question about strategy.[/quote'']I apologize tim for coming off that way. By all means.. I accept your criticism. I just didn't appreciate you reposting what's already been posted. Once, again srry if I came across as a jerk. Maybe I'll post what my intentions are later but I assure you that I'm not doing this as a "brag post". Brag posts go to general forum :club: where more people read it.Edit: No fop he couldn't have a7os. I was 100% sure of it. If you just think about the way the hand is played it seems pretty apparent to me for anyone that plays enough NL with decent players.Re-edit: haha I came off as being a jerk again thinking I'm better. Srry. OK. I'll explain why he didn't have a7os later.
Guest XXEddie
In the future please try to think about why you are flaming someone when you flame them. Did flaming me really accomplish anything?-fop
no flame, just wanted the % to be correct, your prob right about the split % being chopped, my bad