interesting plo hand....

Villain: K :) K :club: 2 :D 5 :D HERO: A :D 3 :) 5 :) 6 :) 4 limpers...Hero makes it a modest raise to knock out the rift raft....It is heads up with Hero and Villain...Flop comes:A :) 3 :) 4 :) I bet half the pot.....get raised the pot....and now I got an interesting decision to make....he likely has 52....so I decided to do this...since I see ZERO chances of my opponent having a better redraw than me.....and he will likely make me for a good draw if I call this raise and lose him as a customer for the rest of his chips.I counted 4 - 7's, possibly 4 - 2's (unless he is holding A2, although he can't catch the 2 of hearts...I make the wheel str8 flush), two aces, 2 three's, 9 hearts....21 outs....I know he didn't have any of the hands that would have me in bad shape with some of my redraws...namely AA.....(don't ask me how I knew...I just did)....so I read him for a plain old 52 and not much else....I pushed in for everything...we got all our chips in the middle....I turned a 7 and that was all that was needed,,,,and to make matters worse.....the river came with a 9 of :) to make me the nut flush....The questions:Was this guy an idiot to put all his money in the middle with ZERO redraws except runner runner K's and just the current naked nuts.....?Did I play my hand too aggressively trying to get all the money in the middle with my hand?I have been racking my brain with this one...BTW...the pot I won was for $391....

This is a no brainer fold by the villian. No doubt about it. Fish move to call, this is an ABC fold.This is why PLO is the easiest game on the net. So many fish that still think its holdem play and lose. Hes got no redraws, just the naked nuts with so many draws out there. Awful call.As to you alf, basically and abc play here you had to many outs too just call, nice raise.

This is a no brainer fold by the villian. No doubt about it. Fish move to call, this is an ABC fold.This is why PLO is the easiest game on the net. So many fish that still think its holdem play and lose. Hes got no redraws, just the naked nuts with so many draws out there. Awful call.As to you alf, basically and abc play here you had to many outs too just call, nice raise.
Thanks...but did I lose my mind by putting all my chips in the middle knowing my opponent had the current nuts?

I don't like the raise PF. If this is PLO8, then by all means make that raise, but you only have one PF nut draw, all of your draws are gonna be less than desireable. If you had Axxx with the three x's being a mid wrap with one of them being suited with the Ace, then you have something, but this hand is very vulnerable. so I don't like the PF raise at all, but I do like your analysis of the flop situation and would've pushed as many chips as possible at that flop after his raise

The villain clearly misplayed here. His hand was not coordinated enough to make this move (unless he thought he could push you off of a middle flush draw with maybe one pair). His KK was completely worthless here, and his 2 5 for the wheel was extremely vulnerable.

• 2 weeks later...

the villian is a fish.nut straights with zero redraws are usually an underdog against any set of hands that give it action, and a considerable underdog too.http://www.pokertips.org/ has a good PLO hand simulator.aseem

You are playing tables that are way out of my bankroll, so I may not be able to relate, but I think the pre-flop raise in PLO is very risky, as you have a slightly better than average hand at best IMO. Unless it was O8, I definately wouldn't have done it.That being said, you have balls the size of grapefruits putting it all in KNOWING the guy has the current nuts, but you have outs to beat the current nuts. Well done. 8)

You are playing tables that are way out of my bankroll, so I may not be able to relate, but I think the pre-flop raise in PLO is very risky, as you have a slightly better than average hand at best IMO. Unless it was O8, I definately wouldn't have done it.
yeah, i forgot to mention, but the preflop raise was pretty bad in PLO.
That being said, you have balls the size of grapefruits putting it all in KNOWING the guy has the current nuts, but you have outs to beat the current nuts. Well done. 8)
if it takes balls to get all your money in when it's so crystal clear that you're a big favorite against the nuts, count me in as having balls a lot of times too. :-) aseem
You are playing tables that are way out of my bankroll, so I may not be able to relate, but I think the pre-flop raise in PLO is very risky, as you have a slightly better than average hand at best IMO. Unless it was O8, I definately wouldn't have done it.
yeah, i forgot to mention, but the preflop raise was pretty bad in PLO. glad to see I was not alone in my thinking on that.
That being said, you have balls the size of grapefruits putting it all in KNOWING the guy has the current nuts, but you have outs to beat the current nuts. Well done. 8)
if it takes balls to get all your money in when it's so crystal clear that you're a big favorite against the nuts, count me in as having balls a lot of times too. :-) aseem
were we a big favorite, or just a slight favorite? I didn't see someone show the results from a converter. Plus, without actually knowing our opponents exact holdings, how can we assume that they also do not have any redraws that could improve their hand to beat us? I am asking, not telling... :?

(against this particular hand, we're about 70% to win it.)well, we have the nut flush redraw. even if our opponent has a flush redraw himself, we care not one bit.we also have the nut straight redraw. even if our opponent has the single possible higher nut straight redraw, we are still a significant favorite. but, that means he can't have a set, so even then we're more than 60% to win.the only hand that troubles us is something like A-A-2-5, against which we're 50/50.so, worst possible case, we're 50/50 with dead money in the pot (way easy to get money in), and usual case is we're about 65% - 70% to win it.waaaay easy push on this flop.aseem