#264101 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,198 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:56 PM

What do you sip on these days?
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#264102 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

View PostTheraflu, on 20 June 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

What do you sip on these days?
I picked up some Eagle Rare at the store for $29 today. I also have the Sierra Nevada summer seasonal in my fridge, which I thought was great. At work, I have a Whistlepig 10yr barrel strength store pick. That’s pretty much all the alcohol I have on hand. You?
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#264103 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

I picked up a six pack of Uinta Grapefruit IPA for 9.99, but when I got to the check out, it was 3.49, so I went back and bought out their stock, without having had a sip of it, yet, out of sheer value. Thankfully, it was delicious. I'm down to 1 can, unfortunately
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#264104 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:24 AM

So, they just announced our bank is being purchased, closing at some point in Q4. No word on what that means for my employment going forward but I probably have a job until at least then. Said we should know more in 4-6 weeks which is great because of the whole house situation.

#264105 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,198 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

I flip between Rittenhouse Rye and the Four Roses Single Barrel, mostly. Beerwise, it's a big rotation of local NEIPA's, the big hazy unfiltered ones. Although I had a non-hops hankering the other day, and enjoyed a nice refreshing case of Brooklyn Summer. I hate that I've accepted paying ~$15 for a 4-pack of local tall boys, but that's where we are in the market.
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#264106 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

View PostNapa Lite, on 21 June 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

So, they just announced our bank is being purchased, closing at some point in Q4. No word on what that means for my employment going forward but I probably have a job until at least then. Said we should know more in 4-6 weeks which is great because of the whole house situation.
Seems like you need to get out of the contract if you can, no?
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#264107 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,229 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

View PostNapa Lite, on 21 June 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

would you stay on with the parent bank if they asked?

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#264108 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

I donít know, itís not like Iím going to be out of a job tomorrow and even then Iíve got savings I could tap into if I needed to and throw in severance, which if the document I found on their website is to be trusted will be at least 8 weeks + vacation payout, and unemployment, id be fine for 5ish months. And I honestly donít think itíd take me that long to find a new job.

My biggest worry is that I wouldnít make it through underwriting now.

#264109 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 21 June 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

would you stay on with the parent bank if they asked?

Thereís also this chance that theyíd want me to stay on. I know a few of our C-suite execs think very highly of me and Iím sure they could talk to the parent about finding me a position somewhere.

Thereís just a lot of ďit dependsĒ because now the twin cities is their biggest market after an acquisition last year but theyíre HQ is in Indiana right now. So, who knows. For two companies that claim their employees are top priority and their biggest assets it feels pretty shitty that they didnít somewhat work this shit out prior to announcing.

#264110 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,229 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

good news is napa don gonna be alright either way. either we pimpin with buyer bank or we pimpin with a new bank. plenty of banks to pimp in these days.

this kind of thing can't happen to me anymore, but in the old days it apparently happened all the time. i have trust docs that went through five amendments just to change the successor trustee language each time one bank bought another. now that we're the biggest there is there ain't nowhere to go, but these things do tend to happen, no matter what management says about valuing employees.

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#264111 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,152 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

I have nothing to offer. My life is exactly the same as it was last time I posted.

I really need Napa or strat to figure out my monthly report. Itís all on excel, but I have to manually look at each branch by filtering, count the number of items, go to a different report, add that information in, then when that it done, add those monthly totals to my yearly running totals. I gotta break some privacy rules and get you guys access to this shit so I can go from taking a day to complete this report to an hour
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#264112 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

Well Iíve got some time on my hands now so letís get this thing done. Just put in some fake names and shit or make notes in the cells about where you need stuff to go and Iíll get it done easy peezy.

#264113 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,229 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

for a consulting fee of 500 bones. 10% to his attorney.

#264114 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostNapa Lite, on 21 June 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

For two companies that claim their employees are top priority and their biggest assets....
They all say that and they all fall woefully short in practice. I really had my eyes opened now that I get to see how our annual merit process works. It's such mealy mouthed bullshit.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#264115 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

View Posthank213, on 21 June 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

They all say that and they all fall woefully short in practice. I really had my eyes opened now that I get to see how our annual merit process works. It's such mealy mouthed bullshit.
Ours is the same way. The thing that kills me about it, management clearly is looking at non-job performance factors to apply discounts/premiums. Does this person seem to want to spend the rest of their career here? How portable is their value (does our non-solicitation handcuff them)? How much does this person know about the comp stuff happening for others? Is their personal financial situation known to be tight?

We are going to miss our goals by a mile this year, so even if there is a performance review cycle, Iím gonna guess we get little to nothing.

#264116 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 22 June 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

Ours is the same way. The thing that kills me about it, management clearly is looking at non-job performance factors to apply discounts/premiums. Does this person seem to want to spend the rest of their career here? How portable is their value (does our non-solicitation handcuff them)? How much does this person know about the comp stuff happening for others? Is their personal financial situation known to be tight?

We are going to miss our goals by a mile this year, so even if there is a performance review cycle, I'm gonna guess we get little to nothing.

I'm interested to see how leadership handles the miss. I think their reaction would be a key indicator in the overall culture they're looking to foment.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#264117 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,229 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

you think they'll consider firing the worthless sales team that couldn't close any clients? or nah? where i work sales people can miss their goals five years running and not face the music.

#264118 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

Mcgee, aren't you a fan of bob zany?

#264119 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

View Posthank213, on 22 June 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'm interested to see how leadership handles the miss. I think their reaction would be a key indicator in the overall culture they're looking to foment.
I was talking to the CEO about it yesterday. He basically said that he wants to be focused on the long-term picture at the expense of whatever annual goals, within reason. Who knows whether that means the capital is going toward new hires or trying to retain existing talent.

View PostSuitedAces21, on 22 June 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

you think they'll consider firing the worthless sales team that couldn't close any clients? or nah? where i work sales people can miss their goals five years running and not face the music.
We kept a few guys who were complete trash for like five years. The dominos fell pretty fast after we fired the first one. Guy took the severance and immediately started calling on all his clients anyway. Underscored the need to be direct with these overcomped dbags.

#264120 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:03 PM

View Posthank213, on 22 June 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Mcgee, aren't you a fan of bob zany?

Fan is not the right word. My screen name is a reference to a joke of his.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users