Anyone Gonna Watch The Me Final Table On Pay Per View?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather listen to a streaming audio of the final table if cardplayer does that this year.
Are they going to do that again this year?Last year was sweet, some good backgroundnoise while playing pokah!!
I wonder if they'll be showing hole cards. I'm thinking probably not. I doubt they can arrange the secure conditions they would need to do that live. :club:
They said no in a recent cardplayer video from yesterday.
They said no in a recent cardplayer video from yesterday.
then what's the point? it would be so booooorrring!

Yep, we're having a homegame with the ME on 2 TVs (55" and 36").We have like 15 players coming so each are pitching in $1 or $2, makes it worth it.I wouldn't pay $25 on my own, though.ANd we won't always be watching it, there will be poker goin' on too!

Yep, we're having a homegame with the ME on 2 TVs (55" and 36").We have like 15 players coming so each are pitching in $1 or $2, makes it worth it.I wouldn't pay $25 on my own, though.ANd we won't always be watching it, there will be poker goin' on too!
now that's a good idea!

What they should do is up the ante a bit. Watching a final table without seeing the cards would be a bit boring at times. But if they threw in some entertainment on the side it might be worth it. Say a Hellmuth vs. Matusow deathmatch. Outside of that, I think the $25 would be better spent on a nice MTT where you can win some money.

I will only buy it if Prahlad Friedman and another pro are in it...(preferrably Cunningham)...and they are not on life support. (have chips to play)Otherwise...why get aggravated by the instant millionaires calling off 987 BB's with AQ preflop?

87 mill in chips avaliable and they are estimating a two day final table. Will the $25 get you both days.

I have Comcast, and I want to order it, but it doesn't seem to be on the pay per view menu. Anybody know if Comcast is even offering it?
I contacted them and they had to track it down, but it is available. In the Bay Area it is on channel 423.And as far as watching it? Heck yea! I will rail an online tourney where I can only see the action and not the hole cards, why wouldn't I watch this too? Get to see some real poker instead of the watered down over-hyped crap they will show in August. Which, by the way, helps convince everyone that 'every pot should be a monster' . . . OK that's the WPT, but you get the idea.
Who's "they?" This is the first I've heard of a two day one.
The tournament directors. But they have been wrong about everything else so who knows.

check out www.gutshot.com - It's a cardroom in the UK and when I was looking for a tournament yesterday I noticed they are offering a live 'virtual final table' for free so it will be much the same as railing an online MTT except u can see all the hole cards. If you're not fussed about seeing the poker it could be a handy tool!

check out www.gutshot.com - It's a cardroom in the UK and when I was looking for a tournament yesterday I noticed they are offering a live 'virtual final table' for free so it will be much the same as railing an online MTT except u can see all the hole cards. If you're not fussed about seeing the poker it could be a handy tool!
Just to add that it will be absolutley free and ad free to boot!Basically 3 of our Live coverage guys will be MSN/Skype ing back to the control room which is a secret location in Vegas where we will be relying the final table via our virual final table (just like an online poker client) and you will see everything that goes on during the main event. i am sure ESPN will do a fine job but if you do mind paying the $25 or so then we maybe the option you have been looking for.
I REALLLLLLLY doubt that gutshot will be able to display the hole cards, how in the hell would that happen.

I'm still having trouble tracking it down from the idiot Comcast people.....anybody have any idea how it is worded in the pay per view menu? I told them it was the World Series of Poker Main Event Final Table, but apparently that isn't registering anything

One of the local bars in town, is actually purchasing the PPV. Starting at 3 pm there will be beer specials and Hold'em tournaments throughout the broadcast. Should be fun.... :club: