Time To Show Support For Daniel

As opposed to continually getting involved in negative threads, I figured it would be a better idea to start this one. This is not intended to be a mindless cheering section. I'm hoping this can be a place where Daniel can read through during what "might" be a rough time for him.Some of you guys have been on the forum for a long time, some are fairly new. I can tell you all that Daniel has paid his dues. He is certainly not an overnight success or a one year wonder. The guy is a brilliant poker player. Especially in tournaments, which are ever so popular these days. And because they are so popular, no matter how good you are, you can't always win. Sure his record is better than just about anyone elses, but he is human, lol. I can guarentee you that he wanted to win that HORSE tournament quite badly. Probably put his heart and soul into it. But he didn't win, so what. That's just one tourney that got away from him. I'll tell you this though. If we had to rewind a couple of days, and I was given the opportunity to play. I would have Daniel play for me in a heart beat. It doesn't mean that I lack confidence or skill, I know that he is a better player than me. People seem to criticize Daniel for doing too much of this, or too little of that. Or others do the opposite. They just love that Daniel guy, because he's Daniel Negreanu. Be realistic, he's a poker player. And one of, if not the best in tournaments. So it honestly serves no purpose to get down on the guy who has not only been incredibly kind to all of us. But has given so much to the poker world in general. Hopefully you guys are on board with me here. I think it would be great if we all showed support. Not just because he's that poker celebrity. But because he's a human being, and has supported all of us in one way or another in the past. ps. If anyone feels the need to be critical in this thread, I'd reccomend not doing it. The delete button is my friend. :club: Thanks, Steve

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps. If anyone feels the need to be critical in this thread, I'd reccomend not doing it. The delete button is my friend. :club:
as I have learned :D just watching the guy play has done a lot for my game, and playing in some of these SNG's online and realizing how far out of his league I am has made me strive to get better. So I salute him for that.

I don't even get all the negative threads.Last time I checked...Daniel was making money at the WSOP.Seems like a good thing.

Exelent post Steve. I cant believe some of things people nit pick about with Daniel. The guys a poker superstar. He shares more with his fans in terms of knowledge and just giving up his time than all the other superstars combined. GL the rest of the wsop Daniel. :club:

I don't post often. I am definitely a lurker. But i'll say one thing about this entire forum and daniel. I read the forum every day. I check for blogs every day. We all know the cards dont always cooperate, but you gotta put your money in when you've got the best of it and try to make the best play every time. As crazy as it sounds, it seems like daniel almost ALWAYS does this. I'm infinitely impressed by his wisdom and knowledge of the game. Even Dan Harrington gives him some pretty insane compliments in his volume 2 endgame strategy book... he mentions daniels perfect play against an opponent and that daniel shows play at the finest level.Daniel is one hell of a player, and I wish I could pick his brain even more than the information he gives us on the forums. It sucks so much when we see him get put out of a tournament for doing the right thing... but when's the last time he just flat out got OUTPLAYED and lost a tournament? I don't see it very often. For the most part, he is able to show us exactly which hands crippled him, and he almost always has the best of it.Maybe this is rambling. Maybe this is pointless. But I think DN is pretty hardcore, and one of the finest players around. I'm jealous of his skill, and I can't wait until the cards start giving him credit again :)Keep up the fantastic work Daniel, you're an awesome guy and a kick*ss role model for anyone who cares about being a professional and gentleman at the game.-jeremy

In my mind, Daniel is the best poker player in the world. His consistency and thought process about the game is unmatched. I won a WSOP seat for a prelim event, and I can only hope that Daniel plays in that event and we get at the same table. It'd be a friggin' honor to play at the same table.And I'd give him the pound. Not a hand shake :club:

Daniel has been an inspiration to all of us.. NO ONE cares as much as he does about his fans and his site. For those being critical..... sounds like jealousy and arrogance.Good Luck and God Bless Daniel!

are we creeping you out yet daniel? He's seriously gonna start like, putting extra locks on his door. IF I CANT HAVE HIM NOBODY CAN

I don't find the "burn out" thread negative at all. I find most of it to be a good discussion about 'not caring' v. 'not playing'. I agree, positive outlooks are important though, and threads commenting on daniel's poor results are absolutely ludicrous (yeah, that one is for DN...)

I am grateful for several things since stumbling upon this site over a year ago.1. I have met several people through this site whom I consider friends now.2. I've improved many aspects of my poker game through reading threads, blogs, playing with players who take the game seriously and Daniel's articles.3. FCP has given me the opportunity to play in money added tournies, compete for prizes in contests like the WSOP pool and play for tons of other prizes, including trips to Vegas to hang out and compete for even more money.4. The FCP forum has given me a place to ask stupid questions and take out some aggression on people who ask stupid questions or just plain act like idiots. It's also a place to just come and laugh and hang out with some funny people from all over the world.5. I've learned about internet homos. I'm in San Francisco, so I know gay, but E-Gayness takes it to a whole new level.So, thanks Daniel for all you've done and I wish you lots of happiness!

I think we all know people love to tear down those who have success as a way of dealing with their own shortcomings. What gain does one possibly have by going out of his/her way to criticize another person? I will never understand it.I personally long for the day that I get hate mail and direct posts, but most people don't appreciate it. I suggest the trolls find another constructive use for their 5 minutes instead. Like oh.. remembering they are sitting at home while DN is a world class player, living your dream, playing in events that unless won through a free-roll you will never see.DN.. a big fat HUZZAH! goes out to ya man. Tons of guys like me look up to you as a mentor from afar. Each one of us probably has our own story of how what you have said or done has helped our own games. For every moron, there are 20 of us that appreciate it. Thank you.

I think we all know people love to tear down those who have success as a way of dealing with their own shortcomings. What gain does one possibly have by going out of his/her way to criticize another person? I will never understand it.I personally long for the day that I get hate mail and direct posts, but most people don't appreciate it. I suggest the trolls find another constructive use for their 5 minutes instead. Like oh.. remembering they are sitting at home while DN is a world class player, living your dream, playing in events that unless won through a free-roll you will never see.DN.. a big fat HUZZAH! goes out to ya man. Tons of guys like me look up to you as a mentor from afar. Each one of us probably has our own story of how what you have said or done has helped our own games. For every moron, there are 20 of us that appreciate it. Thank you.
omg...this is bizarre.

Daniel,You've help me gain knowledge into poker that I couldn't find anywhere else. Your ability to talk openly about your profession and life have let us get a glimps of the imagination and talent it takes to excell at this game of poker. I wish you continued success. I know you haven't finished off any tourney's in this WSOP but the success you have had is awesome (remember 2nd's and cashes do count for something!). Put some perspective on it, think about how much "poker" you've played over the last 2 1/2 weeks. It's draining I am sure but it seems to me that you are much stronger this year and much more centered in your committment to the game. Keep up the good work and attack the second half of this WSOP with the same style and talent that you've started with and you'll do just fine.Good luckMX957

Just wanted to let Daniel know he is one of my favorite players. How many pros can you take a picture of at the table and they're ALWAYS smiling. I respect that he is having fun loving what he does best. I wish all the pros had the same attitude as Daniel when he sits down. GL to you in the rest of the series.Cheers.

daniel, i for one appreciate everything you've done for us thru FCP (and other avenues) and wish you the best of luck in future events. you're a hell of a player, and a hell of a guy on top of that. thanks for being someone to look up to in the world of poker.and just so we're clear, it's obvious to most of us that you're one of the world's best players. i'm sure you know that yourself, but you deserve to hear it from us every now and again.cheers, and good luck in the rest of the wsop (except in the events i'm in, of course :club:),checky

Let's just say if you were face down on the sidewalk... most pros would step over you. DN will check and see if you are dead. I appreciate that. Joking aside. All one has to do is meet the guy and they understand why he is one of the most popular players. How many people/pros can say they are respected as a person and as a player? I can name a couple that can't.

I'm not much ofa poker player and never will be. I just enjoy playing cards as a way of relaxing. I play the lowest limits ... but I win more than I lose and I truly appreciate what I have learned from this site.I love it that we get to share Daniel's bad days as well as his good days -- and I love it that he doens't try to pretend he's perfect. It's the bad days and the "imperfections" that make us human and make life interesting -- whether it's our own lives or whether we are watching his. I wouldn't want the experience of being a member of this site to be any other way. Give me a real person with human frailties any day.You don't need me to tell you this, Daniel. You already know it... but I'll say it anyway....1. Be true to yourself.2. Trust your instincts.3. Go where your heart and your best judgment take you.Take care,llou

Daniel, thank you so much for starting the forum. It is a great way for poker players to get together and talk what they love-poker. It helps that you are along with us in exhibiting that love. It is an honor to talk to a player who has done what we dream of, start off at the low-limits and is now in the "Big Game' with the likes of Texas Dolly, Chip Reese, and Shawn Sheikan.....wait....forget that last one. So, lastly, I wanted to thank you again Daniel. Forget everyone that says you are playing too much golf. You can't play poker everyday leading up to the World Series, and remain fresh. You have to take your mind off of it, because you'll have nothing else on your mind for the next month. Also, those that say he's not focusing this World Series, what do 1 headsup in TOC, 1 final table, 1 very deep cash in 6 handed NLH have to do with that? Exactly, the guy has more talent and focus than any of us here. So, in conclusion, thank you Daniel, and best of luck at the tables.

These post are written in a way that I feel that I'm reading the minutes of speaches made at Daniel's funeral. Buck up poker players. Daniel is down, not dead. He's making money, just not how he wants to be doing it. This WSOP is not yet over.

Looks like the perfect thread to make my first post :club: Been reading this forum and playing on FCP for a month now, there is indeed alot of negative xxx to read, but even more useful info!Think most of the people who talk trash are just jealous of his life, playing poker for a living and making alot of money and spending it on other fun things to do! Hell, who wouldn't like to do that!!I also think he is one of the best players out there (amazing how he can read people and say what they are holding BEFORE they turn their cards over and not after like so many others ) !!I can't wait to download the ESPN coverage of the final table of the main event (somewhere at the end of October I think :D )Hope to see Daniel at that table! maybe together with Ivey or Matusow..So, go on doing what you do and wish you a great Main Event!Greetz Alex