Phil Laak Attempting World Reccord

Phil Laak to Attempt New Poker Endurance World Record at Bellagio in Las VegasLas Vegas, Nevada May 19, 2010 – Poker professional Phil “The Unabomber” Laak is looking to set a new world record for the most hours of poker played in a single sitting.Taking place at the luxurious Bellagio Poker Room in Las Vegas, starting on June 2, Laak will be looking to break the world record of 78 straight hours of playing poker which was set by Paul Zimbler in the fall of 2009.Phil Laak is an internationally recognized poker pro, known for his iconic look at the poker table where he wears sunglasses and a hooded sweatshirt pulled over his head. He is also a regular on televised poker shows like Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker. His animated personality, banter at the tables and interest in participating in sometimes bizarre propositional bets have also contributed to his renown."I have played many enduro sessions of poker, but never anything of this magnitude,” stated Laak. “I know this will test my limits but I love a good challenge and am excited to be trying to beat this record in Vegas’ top poker room."His Blog: http://unabomberpoker.com/Blog/ Live Twitter Updates: http://twitter.com/realphillaakLive Feed:http://acejones.com/unabomber-poker.htmHere is a clip showing the old WR holder at the end of his marathon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkgACB7RFi8

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the distinction between the 78 hour "record" and the 100+ hour sessions Ted Forrest is known for having endured as referenced in that Andy Beal book?I assumed a diaper was somehow involved in this attempt, but the blog says he's already taken 25 mins worth of bathroom and other breaks...

What's the distinction between the 78 hour "record" and the 100+ hour sessions Ted Forrest is known for having endured as referenced in that Andy Beal book?I assumed a diaper was somehow involved in this attempt, but the blog says he's already taken 25 mins worth of bathroom and other breaks...
Definitively not gonna be the longest session ever played, but maybe the longest "confirmed" session ever played.

That youtube video is hilarious to watch. The guy is completely out of it; his brain is shutting down.

Almost sounds like Bellagio is paying him for this. Though I guess that's where they'd try it anyway. That last sentence is just strange.

Please tell me hes playing 10/20
Your dreams have come true, because he is. Apparently he's down a little but has about $100K on the table.Mark

He was stuck about 14k until about 15 mins before record time. Him and Antonio got it all in on 2c6c and I think it was red K board and ran it four times. Phil had 2 red aces and Esfandiari mucked without showing.

He's been planning this since January and changed his diet around. No sweets.5 minute break every hour. Article says he timebanks breaks so he could shower sometime. THAT would be refreshing after so many hours of playing.

100 and still going...

Odds cocaine was involved? Double for off Jennifers rack?
I didn't want to be the first to suggest it, but I would not be surprised. I would really hope not, but I just don't see how it is possible without it and being as coherent as he seems. If he trained for this for 6 months as someone else posted, then I would see how it is possible. Look at David Blaine and Cris Angel. My good friend's brother was a coke head and he claims he went on a 12 day binge with no sleep. He was on the needle though.