Wpt L.a. Poker Classic At The Commerce

Day 1 of the WPT L.A. Poker Classic at The Commerce has begun and Daniel is playing.Updates are available at the WPT Website and Daniel will be sending updates via Twitter.http://www.worldpokertour.com/Live_Updates/Live.aspxhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phpGood Luck Today Daniel and any other FCPers who are playing.Daniel's Twitter Updates26 February 2010, 2:32 pmRealKidPoker: Bad start to tourney. Flopped top two pair against top set. Down to 14k from 20k lost min. Haven't busted a day 1 all year. Don't plan to.26 February 2010, 2:56 pmRealKidPoker: Got involved in some pots. 3-bet 3 hands in a row and got it all bacl plus. Up to 24k.26 February 2010, 3:32 pmRealKidPoker: End of level 1 with 27,050 in chips. Matt G and Jordan Morgan at my table.26 February 2010, 5:23 pmRealKidPoker: Up to 50,300 after level 2. Playing good, timing is good, and I'm hitting some flops.26 February 2010, 5:52 pmRealKidPoker: Random facts from Commerce: over 50 percent of the dealers are asian women. 70+ tables I've yet to see a caucasian or black dealer.26 February 2010, 5:57 pmRealKidPoker: Too funny! There is ONE white male dealer in the room and his name tag literally says: TOKEN!26 February 2010, 7:00 pmRealKidPoker: 37350 after level 3. Was up to 60k then tried to bluff two pots where my opponents had a set.26 February 2010, 8:47 pmRealKidPoker: 33350 end of level 4. AA in BB I reraised and got called by 33. Flop 943 I lost about 20k on the hand. No choice at all vs Nick Binger.26 February 2010, 10:31 pmRealKidPoker: End of a roller coaster day 29075. I feel very hungry dizzy and weak. Wasn't able to really eat today. Not many options for me at all.27 February 2010, 2:03 pmRealKidPoker: Eric Baldwin Steve Gross at my table. CPOY and OPOY both in 2009. I think you can watch a live stream at www.lapcnews.com27 February 2010, 2:27 pmRealKidPoker: Hand: I limp 400 sb Gross checked bb. Flop QcQd7s checked Turn 5s I bet 600 he r 2k I r 4500 he calls. River A I c-call 4700 he has 2s 9s.27 February 2010, 2:31 pmRealKidPoker: I had A-10 off suit btw forgot to add that!27 February 2010, 3:37 pmRealKidPoker: 71,350 very good level. Gotta love this poker thing.27 February 2010, 4:44 pmRealKidPoker: Picking up hands and I'm officially over the century mark with a little over 100k.27 February 2010, 5:23 pmRealKidPoker: 110,150 wowaweewa.27 February 2010, 6:02 pmRealKidPoker: Reading hands well today. Got my Russ Hamilton vibe going.27 February 2010, 6:12 pmRealKidPoker: I've never seen so many consecutive hands or raise, re-raise, then re-raise all-ins. These boys are a bit nutty. @lapokerclassic27 February 2010, 6:23 pmRealKidPoker: Flop just came AA6 3-way pot I had 66 and all check. Turn 4 I bet got called. River 4. Ya, that's not a good card. I check folded.27 February 2010, 6:31 pmRealKidPoker: @lapokerclassic this is the most aggro game I've ever played in. It's spewtastic. A total disregard for the fact the avg stack is 80 bbs!27 February 2010, 7:04 pmRealKidPoker: 97,100 end of level. Headed to the room to heat up a Veggie Burger.27 February 2010, 7:21 pmRealKidPoker: @lapokerclassic I'm going to play really tight this level and not bluff anyone. I'll only play premium hands.27 February 2010, 7:42 pmRealKidPoker: @lapokerclassic I hereby propose changing the term "soul read" to a "Russ Hamilton super user read."27 February 2010, 8:17 pmRealKidPoker: @lapokerclassic crazy hand 250k pot! I had 3c 4c flop 2c 3d 5c. Up againt 3-8 off! No joke! Turn a 4 and I won with two pair. Wow?27 February 2010, 8:49 pmRealKidPoker: 245,100 one level left27 February 2010, 10:28 pmRealKidPoker: Eat somma dis. I got 316,500 @lapokerclassic time for some vegan eats y'all28 February 2010, 3:36 pmRealKidPoker: 319,200 @lapokerclassic fun left with lots of pots played but broke about even. Got some more young aggros to deal with.28 February 2010, 5:20 pmRealKidPoker: 365,600 Rock Steady. Rock Steady. @lapokerclassic28 February 2010, 7:06 pmRealKidPoker: 256,700 @lapokerclassic not a good level. Got bluffed in a super weird hand. Folded a straightGuy had absolute air. Nada.Suicide move worked28 February 2010, 8:48 pmRealKidPoker: 417,000 and crusing again after some adversity last level @lapokerclassic also keeping on an eye on WSOPE on ESPN2 right now.28 February 2010, 9:21 pmRealKidPoker: Just got screwed in a pot @lapokerclassic. Flop K97 I have 68 checked. Turn a 10 preflop raiser had QJ. Down to 250k28 February 2010, 9:45 pmRealKidPoker: I just might bubble again after all @lapokerclassic down to 165k after a three outer. AQ to AJ on an A86 flop turn came a J28 February 2010, 10:32 pmRealKidPoker: 215,500 was down below 140k @lapokerclassic 4 out of the money now. Night is over when we reach the money.28 February 2010, 11:36 pmRealKidPoker: We are officially in the money @lapokerclassic I ended the day with 222,500 which is a bit above avg. 72 come back tomm.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a Deep Stack, But a Super StructureThe current trend in poker tournaments is for "deep stack" events, where players start with huge chip stacks, sometimes 600 big blinds or more. However, most deep stack tournaments lose their depth in the middle levels of the tournament. Without extending the duration of the tournament (by adding more days), any extra play at the beginning must be sacrificed from the middle and the end of the tournament (when the stakes are much higher). Tournament Director Matt Savage believes that a good structure provides a lot of play throughout the entire event. Here at the WPT LA Poker Classic, players start with 20,000 in chips (low by 2010 standards) and opening blinds of 25-50. That's 400 big blinds, which any of the top professional players will tell you is more than enough. The big difference between a Matt Savage structure and many others is the amount of play in the middle, and there is plenty. For example, this is the first time we remember seeing a 900-1,800 level wedged between 800-1,600 and 1,000-2,000. Even the size of the antes are receiving praise from the likes of Daniel Negreanu. Negreanu posted a blog yesterday after examining the blind structure, and it inspired him to write a blog saying that this is how all tournaments should handle antes.

Cards Are in the Air!Level 1: 25-50, ante After a rousing introduction from UFC announcer Bruce Buffer, the cards are in the air.The blinds begin at 25/50 and each level will last 90 minutes. The field will play five levels today with a 15 minute break after each level and no dinner break.There are currently around 600 players registered for today's event, but registration will remain open through the end of Level 3.

Fluffdog is playing this one too.gogogo Fluff and DN!

Daniel Negreanu Doubles With Pocket KingsLevel 2: 50-100, anteDaniel Negreanu just got involved in a preflop raising war where he put in the fourth or fifth raise with K-K, and his opponent showed J-J. The kings held up, and Negreanu doubled up to 39,500. Negreanu lost some chips shortly after that, but came back by winning a pot worth nearly 14,000 to get back to 40,000 or so.Daniel Negreanu - 40,000

Kevlar is in this also.Mark
This guy is good.Phil Helmuth may be able to dodge bullets (baby) but this guy can stop bullets!
26 February 2010, 5:52 pmRealKidPoker: Random facts from Commerce: over 50 percent of the dealers are asian women. 70+ tables I've yet to see a caucasian or black dealer.
I didn't know that Barry G. was in charge of hiring at the Commerce.
26 February 2010, 5:52 pmRealKidPoker: Random facts from Commerce: over 50 percent of the dealers are asian women. 70+ tables I've yet to see a caucasian or black dealer.I didn't know that Barry G. was in charge of hiring at the Commerce.
loool
I saw one old white guy dealing over the last 3 times I was there and the rest were all asian mainly women.
26 February 2010, 5:57 pmRealKidPoker: Too funny! There is ONE white male dealer in the room and his name tag literally says: TOKEN!

Jeff Madsen Eliminated; Gavin Smith Wins the Tattoo Prop BetLevel 4: 100-200, 25 anteJoe Sebok was eliminated today in Level 3, and Jeff Madsen recently busted here in Level 4, which makes Gavin Smith the last man standing in their three-way last-longer bet. What happens now?1. Joe Sebok, as the first to bust, has to get two tattoos -- one of Gavin's face, and one of Madsen's face. Sebok gets to choose the location, but there is a minimum size requirement.2. Jeff Madsen, as the second to bust, has to get one tattoo -- Gavin's face. Like Sebok, Madsen gets to choose the location, but there is a minimum size requirement.3. Gavin Smith, as the last man standing, gets nothing. But he does get to enjoy the fact that his face is (permanently?) tattooed on his friends' bodies.There has already been some talk of a potential buyout, but the cost would be steep. Gavin reportedly said he'd accept $20,000, and Madsen suggested he might go as low as $15,000. Gavin chose that number because it's the same amount that Sebok let him buy out of one of their WSOP prop bets a few years ago.

So where would you put them if you had to get the tats.I say the ass cheeks so that they aren't visible.Also is there a provision on how long you have to keep them or can you just laser them away in a couple months.

So where would you put them if you had to get the tats.I say the ass cheeks so that they aren't visible.Also is there a provision on how long you have to keep them or can you just laser them away in a couple months.
Yeah I was trying to determine where I would get them. Probably the ass cheeks as NO ONE would ever see them.I wonder if there was a provision on where they had to be tatted?
Yeah I was trying to determine where I would get them. Probably the ass cheeks as NO ONE would ever see them.I wonder if there was a provision on where they had to be tatted?
i think we found the FCPers who never get laidjust sayin

Semi-Official NumbersLevel 5: 150-300, 25 anteThe numbers for this tournament have been posted, but they aren't being labeled "official" yet. Here are the semi-official numbers:Field Size: 745 playersTotal Prizepool: $7,152,000# of Players Paid: 721st: $1,788,0012nd: $1,002,7103rd: $665,1364th: $450,5765th: $321,8406th: $246,744

26 February 2010, 10:31 pmRealKidPoker: End of a roller coaster day 29075. I feel very hungry dizzy and weak. Wasn't able to really eat today. Not many options for me at all.

Day 2 Ends With 477 PlayersLevel 5: 150-300, 25 anteDay 1 of the WPT LA Poker Classic is in the books, with 477 players surviving from the initial field of 745. We won't receive official chip counts until later tonight, but the early indications are that John Luu (140,000) and Mark Seif (115,000) are among the chipleaders.The big story of the day was the last-longer tattoo prop bet between Joe Sebok, Gavin Smith, and Jeff Madsen. Whoever busted out first had to get two tattoos with the others' faces, and whoever busted second had to get one tattoo with the winner's face. Sebok was the first to bust, losing with pocket aces during Level 3. Madsen was the next to drop out, during Level 4. Gavin Smith survived the day to win the bet and our Blue Diamond Almonds Bold Player of the Day award. Gavin and Madsen both hinted that they might accept a buyout of the tattoo bet, but according to Sebok's twitter feed, he's not interested in buying out of the bet.

Had a great table all day and whiffed everything and nothing ever really went my way. Had a ton of times seeing flops/turns/river where if I binked my whatever I double and all missed but one at the end of the day to go from 10k to 18k.5,975 chips to end the day. Sigh Run it up on Day 2 FTW! :club: