Official 2010 Off Season Free Agent And Trade Thread

437 replies to this topic

#81 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

Sucks for Toronto, the Lakers were offering Bynum, Odom for Bosh, Jack.

#82 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,377 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

There are going to be so many rumours coming out over the next few days that we really shouldn't believe any of them until deals are actually done.Reports are coming out now that the Bosh to Miami deal for those players is just a rumour and not a deal since Miami most likely is going to not want to trade any players away since they have nobody on their roster.http://www.theglobea...article1624393/
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#83 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,377 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

Richard Jefferson opts out of the last year of his contract that was going to pay him $15 million. This seems nuts since he's sucked for quite a few years now and isn't worth even the mid level exemption let alone big money.http://ca.sports.yah...spurs-jeffersonI wonder if San Antonio and him have some sort of deal worked out to resign him at a much lower number for next year but giving him a deal for 3 years or so.
Bob

#84 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:59 AM

This is all so crazy.

#85 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 7:57 PM, said:

There are going to be so many rumours coming out over the next few days that we really shouldn't believe any of them until deals are actually done.
Daryl Morey tweeted that he met with Bosh about a sign and trade.I'm not a Twitter guy, but it's pretty cool to follow all these little tidbits that aren't big enough to be actual stories.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#86 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM, said:

I'm not a Twitter guy, but it's pretty cool to follow all these little tidbits that aren't big enough to be actual stories.
For exampleGreat stuff in here."Nets had folders with LeBron's face integrated into logo."

#87 YonYonson

YonYonson

so it goes

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

i'm figuratively tumescent with all this. lebron to jersey.

#88 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

View PostYonYonson, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 12:33 PM, said:

i'm figuratively tumescent with all this. lebron to jersey.
I can't believe you weren't around here for the Lakers title run.

#89 YonYonson

YonYonson

so it goes

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 12:35 PM, said:

I can't believe you weren't around here for the Lakers title run.
i've been using the computer a lot less lately. i made a prop bet with a friend that i couldnt stay off facebook for a month. it was a lot harder than i thought it would be. internet stalking is kind of my thing. but i'm back and better than ever.

#90 delved

delved

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Poker, many movies, music, tv, etc.
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7 Single Draw, MTTs

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

Brewers sign Gooden and re-sign Salmons this morning/afternoon. Going quick and hard, I like it. Either way you look at this team now, they are a legitimate playoff contender year in and out with the players on the staff now, and surely the favorite to win the division if LeBron heads elsewhere.
Novak297: im gonna slow roll
Chat Monitor (Support): Novak297 has lost their chat privilege for 1 hour. Similar content spamming is prohibited.

Lennox21: push
Lennox21: I have AA
Lennox21: ty
Dealer: delved shows [Th Tc]
Dealer: Lennox21 shows [As Ac]
Dealer: delved shows three of a kind, Tens
Dealer: Lennox21 shows a pair of Aces
Dealer: delved wins the pot (66,621) with three of a kind, Tens
delved: no, thank you

#91 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

View Postdelved, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 4:35 PM, said:

Brewers sign Gooden and re-sign Salmons this morning/afternoon. Going quick and hard, I like it. Either way you look at this team now, they are a legitimate playoff contender year in and out with the players on the staff now, and surely the favorite to win the division if LeBron heads elsewhere.
Ok, first of all your team is named the Bucks. The Brewers play some other sport. Second, nobody ****ing cares about the Bucks right now. Come on.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#92 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

View Postdelved, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 1:35 PM, said:

Brewers? Even if Chicago or Cleveland doesn't get Lebron, it doesn't mean they won't get anybody. Unless Chicago completely whiffs in free agency, they're the favorite.

#93 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,377 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

How stupid are the Grizzlies. A max contract for Rudy Gay who is a restricted free agent. The stupidness has begun, this is the first of many really stupid contracts that are going to be signed.This article sums things up pretty well so I'm posting it in full.http://ca.sports.yah...ayresignswithme

Rudy Gay Re-Signs with Memphis for an Inexplicable Max-Level ContractSportingNews 30 minutes ago The max-level contract will define the events of this summer. Teams are clearing enough space to sign two or even three superstars, and teams that donít have the cap room to do so are effectively bit players in the free agent blockbuster season.Apparently the max contract is such a big deal this summer that certain teams are handing them out to players who donít deserve them in any respect. According to several reports, including this one from David Aldridge, the Grizzlies have agreed to a max-level deal with restricted free agent Rudy Gay for five years and $81.6 million, with a player option for the fifth year. In other words, Rudy Gay(notes) will be paid like a superstar.This is insane. Gay is a good scorer, but he has never even threatened to make an All-Star team. In four seasons, heís averaged 20 points only once and has never been on a team that won more than 40 games, which the Grizzlies reached this season. Oh, and many players scored more points per minute this past season, including Michael Beasley(notes) and Charlie Villanueva(notes). Congratulations, Memphis GM Chris Wallace: you have just made the worst signing of the 2010 free agent period.Itís not just the terms that make this move so terrible. Gay was a restricted free agent, which means that the Grizzlies could have matched any offer that came his way. If it had been below the max level, Memphis could have saved money while still keeping their apparently prized possession. The only downside to waiting longer is that Gay may not have been totally happy with Memphis management for not signing him first, but itís not as if things would have worked out poorly for him. I mean, for Peteís sake, the guy just earned himself a max contract for four seasons of solid, yet largely unspectacular scoring. If Rudy Gay doesnít have a charmed life, I donít know who does.Remember, this is still the first day of free agency. Several other players could get ridiculous max deals, including David Lee(notes). I also hear J.J. Redick(notes) is available. Maybe someone will be really impressed by his play off the bench in Orlando.The next few days are going to be crazy. Hide the women and children. More from Sporting News: Running Free Agency Rumor Post: July 1

Bob

#94 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 4:50 PM, said:

How stupid are the Grizzlies. A max contract for Rudy Gay who is a restricted free agent. The stupidness has begun, this is the first of many really stupid contracts that are going to be signed.This article sums things up pretty well so I'm posting it in full.http://ca.sports.yah...ayresignswithme
wow. That....makes no sense. The Grizzles, everybody!

#95 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 2:01 PM, said:

wow. That....makes no sense. The Grizzles, everybody!
Well, the T'Wolves really wanted to sign him because they don't have any small forwards...um, except the three they just drafted. This off-season is going to be awesome for a variety of reasons.

#96 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 5:07 PM, said:

Well, the T'Wolves really wanted to sign him because they don't have any small forwards...um, except the three they just drafted. This off-season is going to be awesome for a variety of reasons.
I know but he is restricted! They could have just waited for someone else to offer him the max and then matched it if need be. To pre-emptively max him is insane. And this is all ignoring he is just not a max guy.

#97 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

I know, I just thought it was funny that Minnesota wanted him.

#98 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,377 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

And the stupidness just keeps on coming. Joe Johnson 6 years at max money is just really really dumb.http://ca.sports.yah...?urn=nba,252877
Bob

#99 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

I don't think Paul Pierce is regretting his decision to opt out.

#100 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, July 1st, 2010, 7:27 PM, said:

And the stupidness just keeps on coming. Joe Johnson 6 years at max money is just really really dumb.http://ca.sports.yah...?urn=nba,252877
Terrible contract, worse article. I hate Kelly Dwyer. It's not the worst deal ever. Joe Johnson is not worth max money for six years but he also does not suck. He's a legit all-star. A guy like Eddy Curry got huge money to do nothing. Allan Houston's deal was far more egregious.But yeah, terrible contract. What do you do if you are the Hawks though.....if they dont give him the max some other team would happily overpay him (Jersey or NYK probably). Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users