#61 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 8:44 AM, said:

<middle finger>
So are you buying season tickets now or waiting for an offical announcement?
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#62 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 11:49 AM, said:

So are you buying season tickets now or waiting for an offical announcement?
I bought a 10 game flex package which was pretty cheap. Figured that was hedging my bets. If they get the triumvirate, then I can always pick up a few games here and there if I want at crazy high prices. I am locked in for 10 games at a very reasonable rate for now.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#63 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

While having season tickets to a sports franchise seems cool. There is little to no value to it, unless you are in a city where games are always sold out with a huge demand so you can offload your extra tickets.The NFL, maybe the only exception to that, because it's pretty reasonable to think you can make 1 -2 preseason games, 8 regular season games, and if you are lucky 1-2 post season games.Baseball is just insane.

#64 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 9:23 AM, said:

While having season tickets to a sports franchise seems cool. There is little to no value to it, unless you are in a city where games are always sold out with a huge demand so you can offload your extra tickets.
In addition to taking offense at your punctuation, I don't agree with this. There are plenty of people who the time and inclination to attend every game, in which case season tickets make sense.

#65 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 9:33 AM, said:

In addition to taking offense at your punctuation, I don't agree with this. There are plenty of people who the time and inclination to attend every game, in which case season tickets make sense.
I may have bad punctuation, but you left out words.The people who HAVE the time and inclination are very few. Going to 45 basketball games a year, is a A LOT. So for those few, it's great. But the majority of people who purchase season tickets, go to less than half the games.

#66 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 9:41 AM, said:

I may have bad punctuation, but you left out words.The people who HAVE the time and inclination are very few. Going to 45 basketball games a year, is a A LOT. So for those few, it's great. But the majority of people who purchase season tickets, go to less than half the games.
Dammit.But anyway, most teams have programs for their season ticket holders where they can sell unused seats. Just call them up and say, "Hey, I can't use the seats for tomorrow's game" and bam, problem solved.Personally, I think having the same seats and all the other privileges that come with it is totally worth the expense. But I don't really believe your "majority go to less than half" statistic, so there's that.

#67 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

My evidence is completely anecdotal. But everyone I know who has season tickets does not get full use out of them.

#68 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 12:48 PM, said:

My evidence is completely anecdotal. But everyone I know who has season tickets does not get full use out of them.
Thats why it is all about the flex package.....also, the obvious reason to get season tickets now for the Heat is they are cheap.....and if they sign Lebron the price will triple overnight.

#69 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,508 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

I used to have a pair of Raptors Season's Tickets and one year I went to over 40 games including pre-season and playoffs. This was in the Vinsanity days and I could have sold off any game I wanted as almost every game was a sell out that year and my seats were affordable and desirable in the first row of the upper bowl.Now I buy a third of a pair from the guy who had the seats next to me and I go to about 15 games per year.A large part of the reason for season's seats is having the best seats in a given price range such at my first row upper bowl ones.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#70 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010, 2:12 PM, said:

I used to have a pair of Raptors Season's Tickets and one year I went to over 40 games including pre-season and playoffs. This was in the Vinsanity days and I could have sold off any game I wanted as almost every game was a sell out that year and my seats were affordable and desirable in the first row of the upper bowl.Now I buy a third of a pair from the guy who had the seats next to me and I go to about 15 games per year.A large part of the reason for season's seats is having the best seats in a given price range such at my first row upper bowl ones.
first row of the upper deck is always the best deal in the stadium.

#71 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:12 AM

does paul pierce really think someone will pay him more that 21 million next year?

#72 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:34 AM

View Postkeith crime, on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 9:12 AM, said:

does paul pierce really think someone will pay him more that 21 million next year?
yeah that is really mystifying......maybe he sees how old everyone but Rondo is and he wants to explore his options. I cannot imagine he leaves Boston though. That would be shocking.

#73 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

Don't underestimate the panic some teams will have if they don't land a big name. Think the Knicks wouldn't pay him after guys like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire, etc. spurn them?Here is that ESPN Free Agency Summit show that aired last night. With Kornheiser, Wilbon, Simmons, and LeBatard.p.s. That's not necessarily a recommendation to watch it; I haven't seen it.

#74 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

View Postkeith crime, on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 6:12 AM, said:

All these guys are opting out to sign new deals at or close to their same scale before the new CBA comes into play.

#75 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:38 AM

Lebatard tweeted that Bosh to Miami is a done deal via sign and trade.Miami gets Bosh, Bosh gets true max money and Toronto gets Beasley, chalmers, joel Anthony and a draft pick. Enjoy our poo poo platter Bob!

#76 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM, said:

Lebatard tweeted that Bosh to Miami is a done deal via sign and trade.Miami gets Bosh, Bosh gets true max money and Toronto gets Beasley, chalmers, joel Anthony and a draft pick. Enjoy our poo poo platter Bob!
Not surprising. He obviously wanted to be in Miami, but he also wanted max money. I'm not convinced this means anything for Lebron. If you're Miami and Lebron is off the table and you re-sign Wade, who else do you target now?

#77 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 4:32 PM, said:

Not surprising. He obviously wanted to be in Miami, but he also wanted max money. I'm not convinced this means anything for Lebron. If you're Miami and Lebron is off the table and you re-sign Wade, who else do you target now?
Hmmmm. Interesting question.Ray Felton? Rudy Gay? I am not really sure. Felton makes sense and they need a PG. Or you could get Steve Blake cheap and try to get some midlevel guys at the 3 and the 5. Lots of options.I dont think this has much to do with Lebron either.edit: Mike Miller to play the 3. Perfect.

#78 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,508 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 3:38 PM, said:

Chalmers is cheap and an okay back up point. Beasley is nuts but maybe they can get his meds right, he's worth the risk. Anthony is a free agent so in order for Miami to be able to trade him that means they can't have renounced their rights to him so not sure he can fit into the deal since I'm pretty sure they have renounced the rights to everybody. Anthony is a good rebounder and defender and is Canadian Eh so at a small contract he's a decent back up big. I assume the pick would probably be the Raptors own First Rd pick that they sent to Miami in the O'Neal trade.Raptors will be making a lot of deals this off season. We'll see if this in one of them but it does make sense. It would also allow the Raptor to keep their mid-level exemption.This is pretty funnyhttp://foodcourtlunch.com/?p=2814
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#79 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 2:40 PM, said:

That's great.Bosh: It's like Bennifer, only awesome.

#80 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:41 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 5:40 PM, said:

Chalmers is cheap and an okay back up point. Beasley is nuts but maybe they can get his meds right, he's worth the risk. Anthony is a free agent so in order for Miami to be able to trade him that means they can't have renounced their rights to him so not sure he can fit into the deal since I'm pretty sure they have renounced the rights to everybody. Anthony is a good rebounder and defender and is Canadian Eh so at a small contract he's a decent back up big. I assume the pick would probably be the Raptors own First Rd pick that they sent to Miami in the O'Neal trade.Raptors will be making a lot of deals this off season. We'll see if this in one of them but it does make sense. It would also allow the Raptor to keep their mid-level exemption.This is pretty funnyhttp://foodcourtlunch.com/?p=2814
I really like Chalmers but he just can't hit enough 3s. If he figures that out, he will be a good piece. It's too early to give up on Beasley and Jo-el Anthony is a very underrated shot blocker. So, yeah it's not that bad.....but it's still like 35 cents on the dollar (with the potential to get up to 60 cents if Beasley figures it all out). Raptors fans deserve better but what can you do. This deal actually makes sense unlike all the other crap I read so I think it is real. plus, lebatard has a very solid reputation down here. It's going to be hard to find 10 guys on the amount of money left after two legit max contracts but I think people will want to play with them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users