Drew Brees = Saint

HAHAHAHHAHAH....good luck San Diego with Rivers as the QB. Looks like an 8-8 year at best for you guys with Marty next year....Chiefs.
your crazy, philip rivers is a great quarterback, and they still have tha tLT guy. BTW rivers is the all time leading passer in the acc, big quarterback, he'll be fine in the nfl
philip rivers was a great college quarterbackBTW rivers is the all time leading passer in the acc, big quarterback, he'll be fine in the nfl
FYP, unlil he proves himself.BTW wasn't there a guy named Weinke that tore up in college too? Maybe a guy named Leaf?
your crazy, philip rivers is a great quarterback, and they still have tha tLT guy. BTW rivers is the all time leading passer in the acc, big quarterback, he'll be fine in the nfl
Ryan Leaf was an incredible college QB. What.

this is horrible news. ty for ruining my day Koop.good thing we will still beat KC though, those 2 wins will really boost our record.

this is horrible news. ty for ruining my day Koop.good thing we will still beat KC though, those 2 wins will really boost our record.
Lol........just like last year, right?? We were a better team last year....and we have a young much improving defense...and a little thing I like to refer to as the best offense in the NFL with everyone back. You......you have an unknown at QB and a RB coming off a sub-par year. 4.3 ypc last year..and only 3.9 ypc the year before..and 4.3 for his career....5.2 last year for Larry Johnson..and 5.1 for his career. Oh..and LJ nearly had more receiving yards as well.......all that while starting 9 games. Lol.........
5.2 last year for Larry Johnson..and 5.1 for his career. Oh..and LJ nearly had more receiving yards as well.......all that while starting 9 games. Lol.........
ya, but can he throw?I am claiming this right now, LT will have an insane year next year.he will be getting the ball a TON, with rivers back there, and this last slow season he had is gunna motivate him to dominate.i say its 50-50 that he breaks the all time rush yards per season record.
Lol........just like last year, right?? We were a better team last year....and we have a young much improving defense...and a little thing I like to refer to as the best offense in the NFL with everyone back. You......you have an unknown at QB and a RB coming off a sub-par year. 4.3 ypc last year..and only 3.9 ypc the year before..and 4.3 for his career....5.2 last year for Larry Johnson..and 5.1 for his career. Oh..and LJ nearly had more receiving yards as well.......all that while starting 9 games. Lol.........
you had a better team...but you lost both games?doesn't sound like stat-man koop is being consistent

Does this make as little sense to everyone else as it does to me? I would rather have Leinart with the 2nd pick than Brees. The only way this pays off if is Houston somehow decides to pass on Reggie Bush. With so many good QBs coming out this year, though, it makes no sense to sign Brees.

Does this make as little sense to everyone else as it does to me? I would rather have Leinart with the 2nd pick than Brees. The only way this pays off if is Houston somehow decides to pass on Reggie Bush. With so many good QBs coming out this year, though, it makes no sense to sign Brees.
I disagree. I'd rather have a proven commodity in Brees for that team. It's not like they are rebuilding, they have talent. The reports say Brees' shoulder is fine and he will be throwing at mini-camp.And why would they need Reggie Bush with Deuce McAllister still there?
I disagree. I'd rather have a proven commodity in Brees for that team. It's not like they are rebuilding, they have talent. The reports say Brees' shoulder is fine and he will be throwing at mini-camp.And why would they need Reggie Bush with Deuce McAllister still there?
I'll take Reggie Bush at WR, as long as he touches the ball.As for Leinart, now's not a bad time to take a chance on a guy like that or even like Vince Young. Sean Payton, taking over for Haslett, is the kind of guy who could really help a young, talented QB to develop into something special. Besides, it's not like we can do much worse than 3-13.BTW, I agree about having the talent. They just need a few key pieces, I just don't think Brees is one of them. I hope I'm wrong, though.
I'll take Reggie Bush at WR, as long as he touches the ball.As for Leinart, now's not a bad time to take a chance on a guy like that or even like Vince Young. Sean Payton, taking over for Haslett, is the kind of guy who could really help a young, talented QB to develop into something special. Besides, it's not like we can do much worse than 3-13.BTW, I agree about having the talent. They just need a few key pieces, I just don't think Brees is one of them. I hope I'm wrong, though.
What do you think they will do in the draft now?
you had a better team...but you lost both games?doesn't sound like stat-man koop is being consistent
Uh....what?? We split the season series last year........each team won their home game...and we had a better overall record.......so I say we were the better team.
What do you think they will do in the draft now?
I have no idea. The only big loss we've had so far is LeCharles Bentley at center, so that could very well be a priority, maybe someone like D'Brickashaw Ferguson with Kendyl Jacox moving from tackle to center.
I have no idea. The only big loss we've had so far is LeCharles Bentley at center, so that could very well be a priority, maybe someone like D'Brickashaw Ferguson with Kendyl Jacox moving from tackle to center.
draft my boy Eslinger.
draft my boy Eslinger.
Depending on team needs for centers, it's possible that the saints could take a guy like Demeco Ryans or AJ Hawk in round one and Eslinger in round 2 or later, or possibly Ferguson, and hope Ryans is still on the board for their next pick. That's assuming they draft for this positions. I know they just signed Scott Fujita to help strengthen the LB core, so that might not be as big of a need now. I think Demeco could be a great second round pick if he's still on the board at that point.
they prolly trade the pick...
I''m really hoping they don't, though. Even though they're not going to use it for Leinart, there's still some great players in the draft that could be superstars for the Saints for years to come.
I''m really hoping they don't, though. Even though they're not going to use it for Leinart, there's still some great players in the draft that could be superstars for the Saints for years to come.
Sean Salsbury said the Saints would be idiots to not trade the pick. I think they can trade for another high 1st rounder and maybe even another 2nd or 3rd rounder, too. That would be a pretty good idea I think.
Sean Salsbury said the Saints would be idiots to not trade the pick. I think they can trade for another high 1st rounder and maybe even another 2nd or 3rd rounder, too. That would be a pretty good idea I think.
I agree with Salisbury. The teams looking to trade up are most likely the Jets and the Raiders, who still have very high picks where the Saints can land an impact player. If you can gain an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick in this years draft, you absolutely have to because the draft is so deep this year.
Sean Salsbury said the Saints would be idiots to not trade the pick. I think they can trade for another high 1st rounder and maybe even another 2nd or 3rd rounder, too. That would be a pretty good idea I think.I agree with Salisbury. The teams looking to trade up are most likely the Jets and the Raiders, who still have very high picks where the Saints can land an impact player. If you can gain an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick in this years draft, you absolutely have to because the draft is so deep this year.
With the Jets picking 4th in the first round vs the Raiders, with the 7th pick, I would think Oakland would be willing to give up more for that 2nd pick. They really need to get up there to replace Collins. If they pick at 7, then Leinart, Young, and maybe Jay Cutler are off the board. If the Saints could get the first and second round picks from Oakland, than I'd be all for it.
With the Jets picking 4th in the first round vs the Raiders, with the 7th pick, I would think Oakland would be willing to give up more for that 2nd pick. They really need to get up there to replace Collins. If they pick at 7, then Leinart, Young, and maybe Jay Cutler are off the board. If the Saints could get the first and second round picks from Oakland, than I'd be all for it.
I'm a Raider fan, and I pray they do not trade up that high. 1) They have too many holes to fill and cannot afford to trade any of their picks in this deep draft2)The logistics of teams drafting 1-6 say there is no way all 3 QB's are off the board by then. If they really want to draft a QB that bad (I honestly dont think they do) someone is going to fall to them. The Raiders would have to give up their 2nd rounder for equal value. If the Saints pull off that deal though, it would be very smart for them. That would make the Jets the logical choice of the two. The Saints would still be able to get D'Brick, Mario Williams, or Hawk at 4 if they choose, and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd depending on how shrewd they are.