Good riddance. Maybe the Vikes will try to move up in the draft to go after a QB, what with 63-yr old Brad Johnson at the wheel now
Vikings were playing their best football last year with Johnson. Yeah..he'll be 38 next year..but he can still play well enough for one, maybe two more years. 38 years old isn't as old as it used to be in sports these days...
Vikings were playing their best football last year with Johnson. Yeah..he'll be 38 next year..but he can still play well enough for one, maybe two more years. 38 years old isn't as old as it used to be in sports these days...
Plus we are switching to a West Coast Offense that requires a more cerebral QB than Daunte, he seemed clueless last year with a new offensive coordinator

Dolphins made out like a bandit in this deal. A second round pick for a guy who two years ago would have been the MVP if it wasn't for Manning.I like how quick the Vikings fans are to cast aside a pro bowl QB after 1 bad year.

Dolphins made out like a bandit in this deal. A second round pick for a guy who two years ago would have been the MVP if it wasn't for Manning.I like how quick the Vikings fans are to cast aside a pro bowl QB after 1 bad year.
heh, he didn't mesh well with Childress since he became the knew coach and Culpepper became his own agent.
Johnson played well against poor defenses. When he faced PITT and BALT he was terrible. The Vikes must move up in the draft to get one of the big 3. Trading away Moss and Culpepper for Troy Williamson, Harris(soon to be cut) and some second round pick is terrible.Say what you want about attitude, but we still have "I cover half the world" Fred Smoot( the leader of the love boat). Sad day for me
  • 3 months later...
I think the fins should bring Griese back.
which one? At this point, I think they both play about the same
  • 2 months later...

any dolphins fans nervous after last nights performance? Bill Simmons review doesn't project out too good for Daunte's fans: Wow. We haven't even gotten to Sunday of Week 1 and I'm already 0-1. Convinced that Nick Saban's Miami defense would swallow up Chaz Batch on Thursday night, I brushed off an even more likely scenario: Daunte Culpepper submitting his eighth consecutive stink bomb since the beginning of last season, which ties him for the overall lead with Bobby Kelly from "Tourgasm." As always with a bad Daunte game, the numbers failed to reflect the depth of his suckitude -- grounders to wide-open receivers on third downs, lob passes to opposing cornerbacks in the end zone, receivers running back to the bench and shaking their heads, interceptions in crunch-time served on a platter to free safeties and outside linebackers. When you wager on Daunte, he doesn't just beat you. No, he pulls your soul out of your body and stomps on it a few times. After nearly a decade of making picks for my column, I should have known better.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't given up hope yet. I still think he'll pan out. He's with a new team coming off a major injury. He just back into his groove. I think he'll be fine.

2 weeks and the crowd is chanting for Harrington already
Harrington and Culpepper. What a pair of scrubs. Its looking more and more like Culpepper was just a product of being surrounded by huge talent. Miami has really screwed themselves at the QB position.
  • 2 weeks later...