Super System II

Easy Title.. Want to know if anyone has read it yet... I'm very interested in the book, now different it is from number one.. the content.. everything. I want to pick the book up when I can, but right now I think you can only get it @ doylesroom if i'm not mistaken.

Besides having several new players added to the list of contributing authors like Crandall Addington who has played with a guy I play with I think it will tackle Omaha and 8/b. Also I beleive it will segregate NL from PL games as PLO is extremely popular, and has its own style of play.P.S.- When is this thing coming out, I have a crack like addiction to poker related literature.P.P.S.- How many of you read Card Player magazine?

I read card player.... I love it. Not only because it's poker related and has amazing articles, but the quality of the print is excellent. High gloss color front page and back page.... feels nice in my hands :shock:

I read card player.... I love it.  Not only because it's poker related and has amazing articles, but the quality of the print is excellent.  High gloss color front page and back page.... feels nice in my hands  :shock:
That is a major turn on. :shock:

On the subject of the magazine...How often is it published? Is it a monthly magazine? I am interested in subscribing, but with the high price of it, I want to make sure I am getting my money's worth. --cnm

No one got it yet? I got the 10,000 actionpoints on doyles room so mine is in the mail, I would love to hear what people think.

A friend of mine has gotten it through Doyle's Room. I briefly leafed through it, but did not have time to make any quick comparisons.

www.doylesroom.com, actionpoints are given to all that are in the hand up to a max. of 300 AP per hand, the points are shared between those in the hand, if you play micro limits it will take some time to get it, but at $1/2 it takes around 40 hours of play I think.

I cleared the 10k action points, waiting for it to be delivered."A GUY I KNOW" already got it and says that it's pretty damn good, that's all he's said as he's too busy digesting it.As far cardplayer magazine, you can get a COMPLETELY FREE subscription if you register an account at bodog.com, don't even have to make a deposit as far as I know. Then you just follow the ad on their site to the cardplayer promo and follow the instructions there.

Hi there, I read this book and its awesome..First of all I ordered it off Amazon it was then cancelled and the only way you could get it was to gain 10,000 action points on doyles room, I pretty much collected those points straight away took me around 8 hours of solid play at 2 no limit tables..Then I had to wait around 2 months for it to be delivered :D I was really looking forward to reading the book and Daniel Negreanu had a section in the book..I wasnt sure what section it would be and was a little disapointed when he was NOT writting up for NoLimit Holdem Ring Games or Tourneys, his section is well written and great advice but on draw poker.... Still the limit section is good lots of blank spaces and gaps you need to fill in yourself, still worth a read =)Also if you get the book off doyles room its the hard back leather bound copy =)

It's nice to just pick a magazine up and relax on the couch instead of staring at the screen. Seeing as it's free there's no reason you shouldn't get it unless you already have a subscription (or don't like reading!).

Heh, so far Supersystem II has cost me around $92I'm at 9100 points... and I'm not a horrible player... but you know if you have AQ versus my AK then make sure you bet because 100% chance you'll hit your Queen. And I'm not joking!Seriously, though, I changed my profile at Doyle's Room to say "if you have a 2 outer against me then CALL, you'll get it!"

Lol Jeremy... sounds like a pretty expensive Book! Lol with you a little better luck post flop in the future, I've had the same problem on UB, but its just a phase, waiting to get out of it.

I have had SS2 for the past 8 days. It does take a while to grind it out if you're broke (and bad) like me. Also, use neteller if you go to Doyle's Room to play. You'll be stuck for 10 bucks or another 5,000 action points if you wish to be paid by check (which killed my plan to freeroll off my points, get a check and be done with Doyle's Room).Breakdown:Chapters 1-3: Intro, Doyle Brunson's Story, "History of No-Limit Holdem" by Crandall Addington: All entertaining reads with little to do for the actual play of the games.Chapter 4: Online Poker by Doyle: Quick summary of the differences, plus Doyle pimping that site that all current readers played to get the book.Chapter 5: Mike Caro: 43 Tips from MCU: a variety of general concepts applicable to a variety of games with some . All of it duplicates material he has published to the internet at Poker1.com, and is basically a summary of his various articles and pieces. Good stuff, but can be procured for free elsewhere.Chapter 6: Steve Zolotow: Specialize or Learn them All: brief discussion of why most are better off playing a variety of games.Chapter 7: Jennifer Harman: Limit Holdem: Great section, all new material compared to Baldwin's SS1 section, this section really blew me away. Good selection of scenarios to cover.Chapter 8: Bobby Baldwin/Mark Gregorich: Omaha Hi-Lo: Again, all new material, as this was not covered in SS1.Chapter 9: Todd Brunson, Stud Hi-Lo: Very different from Sklansky's section in SS1, especailly since this deals with a qualifier game, which really changes matters. Presented as a series of numbered concepts, which sometimes causes related information to be scattered and disrupts chapter flow. I'm sure the information is very good though.Chapter 10: PLO by Lyle Berman: A well-written chapter covering the game on a conceptual level. Also includes a good outs table that lets you quickly account for redraws and "Killer Cards" in addition to the text on the game.Chapter 11: Triple Draw Lowball by Daniel: Again, new material, well written. Can't say much because Triple Draw doesn't draw my interest as a game (yet). Structure is straightforward and the chapter flows well.Chapter 12: Doyle: Tournament Overview: Basic explanation of big tournaments, how each day usually shapes up, plus a brief section on the "all-in or fold" crowd.Chapter 13: Doyle: No-Limit Holdem A rewrite of his SS1 section on the game with some minor adjustments, and no more randomly appearing paragraph breaks or arbitrary bold-facing or italicizing of the type. This also includes the chart of Double Belly Busters from SS1's "Holdem Supplement"Chapter 14: Steve Lipscomb: World Poker Tour: Brief history of the WPT and its origins, and another perspective on big tournament play.The odds tables and such from SS1 are gone now, only replaced by Berman's "Killer Cards" tables at the end of the PLO section, though those also include the raw holdem odds and the value of each Kill Card is constant across games. The rest of the table is Omaha. Daniel provides some mathematical examples showing the value of discards, but there's not much calculation, no Sklansky-like derivations of which play is $0.37 higher in EV.With the new games and completely new Limit Holdem section, this is definitely a new work. It's more readable, it covers the modern games (unlike SS1 where you're learning draw and single draw lowball). Unfortunately, I've heard from others that Doyle's Room is a pain on the cashouts, and their support has not always been hasty.Hope this helps those thinking about playing for it, or ebaying it, or whatever. I'm not qualified to grade the content really, but I hope my summary of changes, coverage, and structure is enough to help someone out.