I drew a straight on 2. Not quite sure what I should...pretty much through the whole hand but really, really confused one what I was supposed to throw away after the second draw. (I'm assuming the straight doesn't count correct?)feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars Limit Triple Draw ($2.00+$0.20) t60/t120 - 6 playersUTG+1: t5,673 CO: t2,070 (Hero)Button: t4,606 SB: t2,161 BB: t3,895 UTG: t3,543 Dealing Hands: (t90) :D:qh:D:ts:D (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t60, Hero calls t60, Button calls t60, SB calls t30, BB checksFirst Draw: (t300) (5 players)SB stands, BB discards 3, UTG+1 discards 2, Hero discards 2, Button discards 2, :jh:club::4h || :5c:qhSB bets t60, BB calls t60, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls t60, Button raises to t120, SB calls t60, BB calls t60, Hero calls t60Second Draw: (t780) (4 players)SB discards 1, BB discards 2, Hero discards 1, Button discards 1, :qc:ts:5c:jh || :3hSB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checksThird Draw: (t780) (4 players)SB discards 1, BB discards 1, Hero discards 1, Button discards 1, :3d:4h:3h:D || :club:SB bets t120, BB calls t120, Hero folds, Button raises to t240, SB calls t120, BB calls t120

i fold after first draw, this multiway we arent drawing to many cards, and even if we hit one decent one like you did we could str8 up. i mean it just feels so passive to me, but we are multiway like hell so we are stuck. Even thou it is thin, i almost wanna say raise pre first draw, we are so stuck if we just sit back and give the whole world odds to call here.

• 1 year later...

THIS IS A VERY EASY FOLD PRE. after you call draw 3! 456 is almost never making a hand that is holding up to 4-5 way action. if you decide to get really creative in position vs a limp you might consider raising your hand pre trying to get it hu and then just drawing 1 to 4569 and essentially running a semi bluff, but i would rarely do something like that without a great image and never from this position.

Doesn't seem to be an aggressive table so calling pre is fine but I would maybe make a raise and just discard one of the 5s and see where I am from there like MIddLES said above but your way is fine too. On the second draw discard the 6. A 2 gives you the nuts and an 8 or 9 give you a decent pat hand that will win in a lot of cases. Maybe think of it as trying to give yourself a gut shot instead of an open eneded. Getting rid of the 3 means an 8 will give you another straight and even if you do get a 2 you don't quite have the nuts so it's not an optimal play.For a first time at it not bad though.

I really do want to stress that in triple draw drawing to 456 in a 5 way pot vs opponents who are drawing even close to correctly is burning money. if you are going to play this hand passively this way draw 3 and dump the 6! give yourself a chance to make a smooth hand and avoid drawing at straights. this starting hand is much stronger in no limit single draw where a 9 is a solid made hand and you can be aggressive with your 1 card draw, but in triple draw this is a hand i would strongly advise you to avoid.

That's a fair point, as you can probably tell i'm more of a single draw player so I don't hate lo 9s as much as I should lol. However in a multiway pot I'm always wary that they are all calling as they all have low cards meaning there are less to draw to improve my hand. I realise that's probably not the way you should think about it as you can never know that for a fact but it does stick in the back of my mind so in spots like this I'm happy to draw 2. Then again going by that thinking that's a good enough reason to fold the hand in the first place like you said before and don't let you chips trickle away little by little.

I am new to the forum and am happy to see that there is someone who plays some no limit single draw, a game I am relatively new to. I'll definitely keep it in mind and try to throw some hands up for discussion. Yeah in my opinion you are burning some chips trying to play a hand like this is triple draw simply on it's own merits, the only time i would ever consider playing this hand would be opening the button and throwing in the occasional 3b and drawing 1 heads up and that would require specific player dynamics and player tendencies, and in either case this is a hand you will have to get creative with most of the time it is simply at an equity disadvantage against any reasonable ranges and makes weak rough hands you'll lose more chips with most of the time.