Trendspotting: "head Trauma" Will Be Routinely Adopted By Sports Culls...

... as their excuse for retiring when they lose their place on the roster.

These are not 'heroic decisions of personal sacrifice'. They are guys who were about to get cut, or who already got cut, who save face by insisting it was really an empowerment issue.

Of course some will use it as an excuse, however guys like Borland, are really eye opening. Borland had a great rookie year, was poised to be a future pro bowler. He walked away from 10's of millions over his career, if he stayed healthy. I think dudes in their prime ( or pre-prime) walking away is more interesting and horrible for the league. I've been saying for years that head trauma is an existential threat to the NFL ( and other sports). This is just the start.

Sorry, but kids need to man up on this one. We all make sacrifices. I pay taxes so they can go to school. All I ask in return is that the poorest of them join the military for a period of obligated time, the length of which is willfully misrepresented to them, and that a few years before that, they mush their brains in order to keep the NFL a talent pool stocked.

A guy I worked for was a vanity long distance biker, and was almost retarded. He would need his assistant to print out directions to go three blocks, he would routinely forget the names and faces of other people we worked with. (Like dude, he's at the office party from a 30 person staff. How can you not know you work with this person?)

He would road race--velo style. He paid an exorbitant amount of money to bike in the Pyrenees for three weeks. The trip was basically a rich, white guys version of the Tour de France, and kind of reminded me of safaris that have a guaranteed kill.

Anyway, things happen the way they happen and he got hit by a van on the trip, serious concussion. He was seriously out, and had some brain damage. After he gets back from the trip, he doesn't bounce back, then it comes out this is actually the guy's third concussion. What an idiot.