Boxing Thread

I watched the David Haye vs Valuev fight last night. It was better than I was expecting. Really surprised that he got the decision in Germany though as they are notorious for giving close verdicts to the home fighter. Then again with Don King in attendance, any result is possible!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a beef, I must vent. this is by no means an novel observation, it's being discussed heavily all over fight forums as we speak.   Canelo is a great fighter and it made perfect sense to make th

Someone asked me "who won the fight last night", and I answered "the UFC".

My father was a pretty big boxing fan, so he was pretty sad that I grew up to be a faggot.   That being said, I was raised on Ali stories. If boxing was on TV, we watched, and my father always made

i watched it and thought Haye did enough to win but i was surprised he got the decision. That said i think its the best thing that could have happened to that division as watching Valyuev plod through fights was excruiciatingly dull. At least now we should see some relatively decent bouts even if the weightclass is still pretty weak. Haye is running his mouth but i am not convinced he believes he is that great, he's just trying to get himself some bargaining power with the US promoters.

anybody got any angles on the Cotto/Paq fight? I love betting mma & don't follow boxing as much anymore, thinking about betting Cotto at 2.4-1 -- opinions?I know he's naturally a bigger fighter, but that hasn't seemed to slow down Paq yet

No shame in betting on Cotto. People and media are overlooking him, but he's a much bigger man that Pacquiao. Cotto has always fought between 140-147 in last few years, Pacquiao's only fought above 140 once.I'm a huge Pacquiao fan, and I don't know if he can pull off this one. But I can't go against him, Pacquiao by close decision.

I am amazed more and more by Manny Pacquiao. I think in his last four fights, he's lost at most two rounds, and they were tonight. And he still annihilated Cotto.Money well spent. Floyd, stop running and give boxing fans around the world the biggest fight publicity wise in recent memory. I loved the "WE WANT FLOYD" chants from the crowd before Larry interviewed Manny and Freddie Roach.

I think the ref made a good decision to stop it even though Cotto could have lasted to the end of the round. It was clear he wasn't going to win and it saved him getting a further bashing.

Pacman is unreal, Cotto looked super pumped at the beginning of the fight last night but Manny just dismantled him. That said, if Cotto stuck to his game plan and stopped getting heated it might have been a closer fight. Manny just picked him off every time he started brawling.I would LOVE to see the Mayweather/Pacman matchup, i have a sneaking feeling Floyd is gonna keep putting off and then retire again - he's scared of losing that perfect record and on current form Pacquiao would have a decent chance of handing him that first loss.

Pacman is unreal, Cotto looked super pumped at the beginning of the fight last night but Manny just dismantled him. That said, if Cotto stuck to his game plan and stopped getting heated it might have been a closer fight. Manny just picked him off every time he started brawling.I would LOVE to see the Mayweather/Pacman matchup, i have a sneaking feeling Floyd is gonna keep putting off and then retire again - he's scared of losing that perfect record and on current form Pacquiao would have a decent chance of handing him that first loss.
PACMAN is a beast. I f*cking love him. I have a feeling too Mayweather is gunna be a little b*tch and chicken out of the fight too. I would love to see the fight too, but I just have this feeling Mayweather is going to be a little bitch and make an excuse about the money or something.

Yea Pacquaio really nutted up last night. Showed a lot of toughness and heart to just stand there and pick apart Cotto. I thought Cotto may have a shot to beat him too if he worked his body and broke him down. Haha, Pacman just didn't let him. Oh well, I've lost worse bets than that at +250.I'm wicked excited for a Pacquaio vs Mayweather fight. Those two will probably take it over $100 million between the two of them for that fight. Sick!!

1.25 million buys for Pacquiao/Cotto. Not surprising that it sold more than Mayweather/Marquez, but for both to be over a million is incredible.When it happens, Pacquiao/Mayweather will do around 3 million, IMO.

1.25 million buys for Pacquiao/Cotto. Not surprising that it sold more than Mayweather/Marquez, but for both to be over a million is incredible.When it happens, Pacquiao/Mayweather will do around 3 million, IMO.
The question is where does boxing go after Mayweather/Pacquiao? Both were established stars before the MMA boom and are really the only 2 bankable names left. 3 million is probally real close but barring a rematch I dont see boxing breaking 7 figures again in buys for a long time.

USA doesn't get shut out in first stage of Super Six. Yay......Headbutts and wild punches at times aside, Ward did very well, pretty much controlling Kessler with that jab for majority of fight.

USA doesn't get shut out in first stage of Super Six. Yay......Headbutts and wild punches at times aside, Ward did very well, pretty much controlling Kessler with that jab for majority of fight.
Looks like Carl Froch might actually have a chance at winning this now!
The question is where does boxing go after Mayweather/Pacquiao? Both were established stars before the MMA boom and are really the only 2 bankable names left. 3 million is probally real close but barring a rematch I dont see boxing breaking 7 figures again in buys for a long time.
Pacquiao vs. Tyson of course :club:
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand what is going on with this whole thing.Adding a clause that says $10 mill for every pound you're over is good. Saying you'll only agree to urine testing at scheduled times when apparently the only thing that can catch HGH is blood testing (and apparently you can easily do your cycles around scheduled testing times) seems extremely shady. Suing the other side for calling you out on this doesn't make much sense either. No we won't do what is necessary to prove we're not cheating and we're going to sue you because of your remarks.How am I not supposed to come to the conclusion that MP is cheating?