online tournament hand

I'm in the final 150 on a Pokerstars 5$ buy-in + rebuys/add on tournament with the final 60 something paying. I believe the blinds are at 600/1200 but I may be wrong as this happened a little while ago. I have around 45,000 chips and my opponent in this hand has me covered with 47,000.I'm dealt 10-8 offsuit in late position and with the action folded to me I raise to 3600 to try and steal the blinds. The SB folds and the BB raises the minimum to 4800 (1200 more). I immediately think that my opponent has a strong hand (QQ, KK, AA) with his small raise, the thinking being that he wants to keep me in the hand and let me see a flop so I can improve a little bit. I call hoping to get real lucky on the flop. The pot is around 10,200.The flop comes... 10, 8, 3 rainbow.I flop two pair and the BB starts off and bets around 4,000. With my initial read/feeling about him having QQ, KK, or AA, I'm thinking he'll have a hard time getting off the hand if I put the pressure on him. I go right out and raise all-in. He thinks for a long while.... and finally calls and he has KK.The turn... 4.The river... 4.He gets the running cards to make him Kings and Fours and I'm busted from the tournament. Now... I felt horrible at the time this happened but later and now I feel good about reading the situation right. But what I'm not really sure about is if I technically should have pushed it all-in at that point with him having me covered by about 2,000 chips, and with it being that deep in the tournament as well. However, if I would have won the hand, I would have been in the top 3 in chip stacks and in good position to make a run to a possible win. So basically I just want to see if anyone feels I played it poorly or not that well and what they would have personally done in my situation. You can also reply if you feel I played it correctly. I need help!- Rob

You played it correctly. If you check this flop, he's likely to move in anyway. Even if you get cute with your two pair, is there anyway you don't get all your chips in the pot here? You gave yourself two ways to win, and you had the best of it going in. Tough to congratulate yourself after busting out of a tournament, but you have to be happy with the way this hand played out. Just poker.

don't raise preflop with 10-8 off, then don't call a reraise...once that flop came you were both committed and you can't complain.....but this is the type of hand that gets you in trouble

Why are you trying to steal the blinds with a healthy stack?Lay it down to a raise, even the smallest raise possibleOn the flop, there's nothing you could really do about it

With a nice stack I really don't like to get involved with somebody that has me covered...especially raising them out of there blind. Like somebody else said...you really don't need to be stealing blinds..and at those blinds you probably want to try and steal from a guy with 10k or so...where as he has probably and average stack and he's not willing to gamble as much. Raising into a stack that has you covered on an all out bluff is not the greatest move I think..especially when he reraised you. I know it wasn't that much more to call..but why get involved and put your tourny life at risk with such a marginal hand. True enough you flopped a great hand and had a great read...but had the worst luck..and now your on the rail, but to make you feel better..If I was in your situation after the flop..I lose my whole stack everytime.