ev??????

I see posting with the use of a term "EV". Can someone explained what this means??? some poeple use EV- or EV+ .Can anyone help me!Is this in relation to probabilities and math?? How does it relate to poker?

I see posting with the use of a term "EV". Can someone explained what this means??? some poeple use EV- or EV+ .Can anyone help me!Is this in relation to probabilities and math?? How does it relate to poker?
expected value..from wikipedia:In probability theory (and especially gambling), the expected value (or mathematical expectation) of a random variable is the sum of the probability of each possible outcome of the experiment multiplied by its payoff ("value"). Thus, it represents the average amount one "expects" to win per bet if bets with identical odds are repeated many times. Note that the value itself may not be expected in the general sense; it may be unlikely or even impossible. A game or situation in which the expected value for the player is zero (no net gain nor loss) is called a "fair game."For example, an American roulette wheel has 38 equally possible outcomes. A bet placed on a single number pays 35-to-1 (this means that you are paid 35 times your bet and your bet is returned, so you get 36 times your bet). So the expected value of the profit resulting from a $1 bet on a single number is, considering all 38 possible outcomes:a382a3e4e1608932359a998fc0af9901.png which is about -$0.0526. Therefore one expects, on average, to lose over five cents for every dollar bet.good luck.
He's messin with ya. It's a reference to Evelyn Ng, the poker goddess. You're shot at scoring with her are refered to as Ev+ or Ev-...sw
lol..this post can be locked up, it was answered.insert dancing lock...here
He's messin with ya. It's a reference to Evelyn Ng, the poker goddess. You're shot at scoring with her are refered to as Ev+ or Ev-...sw
Hahaha thats a real good one....actually laughed out loud
Lemme see that friggin dancing lock!!!
lock2pb.gifI just love that thing
do we actually need 4 replies saying they agree they want the dancing lock? a post that could have easily had 1 (ok 2, the evy thing was funny) replies is now going to have 7, possibly 9 by the time this is done. i put the over/under at 9.
Hahaha thats a real good one....actually laughed out loud
i really didnt
I see posting with the use of a term "EV". Can someone explained what this means??? some poeple use EV- or EV+ .Can anyone help me!
eV means electron volt. This is a unit of energy equal to about 1.6 times ten to the -19 joules. It is the energy that an electron gains by traveling through 1 volt of potential. Hope this helps.

these guys don't know what they're talking about, it is actually Erectile Volitility. I don't want to get into the details, but basically, you don't want to have it. You want to have as low an EV as possible, henc the term -EV.

lol21 replies...? seems people are trying to pad their post count...extra value meal at mcdonalds..its definitely the EV+Meal

what does sw mean??sw