Online vs B&M...

I just finished reading the post and response to the question earlier. The difference btw. the 2 is simple. The guys who started to play live will 95% of the time state that Live is "better". The guys who started online will have the same results. As far as winning or which is more profitable, well I would have to say that from my personal experience Online is much more profitable. First off, let me address on comment "It takes a bit more effort online since people seem to hide behind the veil of the internet to bluff more, but that's a generalized statement...." Ppl do not hide behind the veil of the internet. Ppl who play poker Live or online bluff with nearly the same frequency. We are playing poker boys, this is what we do. Online it may appear as though more ppl are bluffing probably because you are playing more ppl. Also you are seeing about a 100 hands/hour and that is if you're only playing 1 table. Most are playing 4. Thus is the reason online is so profitable...Multitabling. Enough cannot be said for the amount of Fish floating around online. Thousands of Ppl, and hardly any doing any research or taking any notes. They see it on T.V. and decide to jump right in. Sure it may only be 50$ to them, but multiply that by hundreds of thousands and it means big time profit to you. The cards dealt online are as much as random as cards dealt live. Yesterday playing Live I held JT flopped the nut strt. Got all of my chips in against AK and a K hit on the river. Last week online got dealt T8 suited, flopped the nut straight, got all my chips in and lost to a set of 7's when another J hit on the river. If you want to be successful at both live and internet play, then you must, and I mean must, get over the misconceptions of both. Yes B&M is a heck of a lot slower, but you get the physical interactions. Yes Online play is much quicker so yes you will experience more bad beats. If you go into either thinking you can't beat them, then of course you're going to lose in both of them. L* :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well said. I think people do bluff more online though. I think Daniel Negreanu himself may have said it. It's much easier online as you don't have to worry about your poker face or anyone else criticising your play.Playing online you should bluff less and call a bit more than you would playing live.

Online is PURELY Position play, thats really what it is, you can get a few reads but I dont know percentages I'd honestly say you drop 90% of your tells when you play online, which is good for some and bad for others (like me). I'll admit it right now im down online, was right back to even until the last week happened, just second bests etc etc, dont need to go into it. But I play online because you see so many more hands an hour, and you learn the importance of position and how to use it to your advantage must faster online I believe. Just my opinions

Well... B&M is brick and mortar, so yeah... basically live play. As for the original post... I agree with most of that...although I don't know whether I would categorize the bluffing online, as "bluffs". Because it seems to me, that most people, are just click happy. They will call with nothing, and bet with nothing sometimes. For it to be a bluff... I would imagine you have to think through what you're doing... and I seem to find, that most of the people you come across online, are just not thinking. They are just clicking... almost forgetting that it's actually money you are playing with. Even the ones who try to play well, will still go ahead and click that call button on a 2 or 3 outer, and hit it to beat you on the river. Just because it's so easy to do, and you don't have to look anyone in the face when you do it. If anyone has read Mike Caro's Book of Poker Tells... He has a small section early on, that talks about his theory of "Loose Wiring" and I think hit the head on the nail with it... More times than not, people are making decisions on a whim... no actual thought process behind it... they might play a hand one time, and decide not to play it the next time, no pattern or system, most decisions are on a whim... and I think that is just magnified online, because it's so easy to just let your finger twitch, and all of a sudden you're playing a bad hand. Same with bad calls, they might make it one time, and fold next time, you never really know. (Sorry to be so lengthy)