Stacking Off With T9 Sooted

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t10/t209 playersConverterSeat 1: MP1 (1,240)Seat 2: MP2 (1,270)Seat 3: MP3 (3,200)Seat 4: Hero (1,460)Seat 5: Button (2,150)Seat 6: SB (1,480)Seat 7: BB (1,460)Seat 8: UTG (1,500), is sitting outSeat 9: UTG+1 (1,200)Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with :club::)5 folds, Hero raises to t80, Button folds, SB raises to t200, BB calls t180 (pot was t290), Hero calls t120 (pot was t470).Flop: :D :D :D (t600, 3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: :D (t600, 3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t300, SB calls t300 (pot was t900), BB folds.River: :) (t1200, 2 players)SB is all-in t980, Hero?Just sat down, so no reads. Mainly looking for feedback on calling the 3-bet preflop and then what to do on the river.

I dont mind the call PF as long as you arent going to stack off with TT :club: Unless he was planning all along to try and take the pot away on a river bluff, youre beaten and have to fold.More importantly, nice avatar...note my "signature" below.

I dont mind the call PF as long as you arent going to stack off with TT :club: Unless he was planning all along to try and take the pot away on a river bluff, youre beaten and have to fold.More importantly, nice avatar...note my "signature" below.
Heh, thanks. It's one of the most amazing albums I've ever heard, second only to DSOTM.
Heh, thanks. It's one of the most amazing albums I've ever heard, second only to DSOTM.
Actually I like it better than DSOTM. I think its DGs best work by far, and the song writing is comparable to anything on DSOTM or WYWH. The Animals tour also introduced Snowy White doubling/trading on guitar which rounds out DGs sound tremendously. Doyle Bramhall and Snowy White doing "Dogs" is probably my number 1 "desert island" track.

A bit loose to call the reraise from SB but you've got position so okay. Nice pot control in checking behind on the flop: I'd be thinking c/r from the SB there myself, so checking behind heads that off, and the free card could sway any potential aggression from villain.... which it did, but not for the reason I'd hope. He c/c's the turn with two spades on the board, and then lead shoves after the 3rd spade comes on the river. I'd put him on a runner runner flush that got there thanks to the passive play (which still isn't a bad line to take given the circumstances). Maybe he's bluffing, representing the flush or a slowplayed made hand well, but that would be pretty sophisticated for a $2.25 180. I'd give him credit for at least an overpair, beating us either way, and let it go.

I would probably push all in on the flop to try to pick up the dead money.
WHat ThE ****? You're gonna shove 910 on that board wow where do you play?

After thinking for a long time, I called. Villain turned over AKo.Here's my thought process on the hand. Villain's reraise wasn't that big, and I have position on him and one other guy, so if I flop big I can probably extract a lot of money. After I whiff and it's checked to me, I checked behind because it's very likely that SB with c/r me if I try to take it down. After it's checked to me on the turn though, I figured villain had AK or AQ since if he had an overpair or hit that flop he would've bet it. He quickly called my half pot bet, making me think he had spades or possibly 99 and was just playing it horribly. By the river, I pretty much ruled out any overpair, Jx, and a set. If he had any of those, there's a chance he checks the flop and the turn but he's almost certainly raising any turn bet I make...so the only thing that fit was AK or AQ spades. But if he had AKs or AQs, he has 15-18 outs on the turn and would've bet/raised me. In the end, I couldn't put him on anything and called partially out of curiosity. Luckily, I happened to have read him right. Any thoughts on this?

After thinking for a long time, I called. Villain turned over AKo.Here's my thought process on the hand. Villain's reraise wasn't that big, and I have position on him and one other guy, so if I flop big I can probably extract a lot of money. After I whiff and it's checked to me, I checked behind because it's very likely that SB with c/r me if I try to take it down. After it's checked to me on the turn though, I figured villain had AK or AQ since if he had an overpair or hit that flop he would've bet it. He quickly called my half pot bet, making me think he had spades or possibly 99 and was just playing it horribly. By the river, I pretty much ruled out any overpair, Jx, and a set. If he had any of those, there's a chance he checks the flop and the turn but he's almost certainly raising any turn bet I make...so the only thing that fit was AK or AQ spades. But if he had AKs or AQs, he has 15-18 outs on the turn and would've bet/raised me. In the end, I couldn't put him on anything and called partially out of curiosity. Luckily, I happened to have read him right. Any thoughts on this?
Its good solid reasoning. The only aspect I dont think it considers is that calling the turn bet with 6 outs is a terrible play by him in a low stack tourney, since if an A or K falls on the river hes not getting paid off. I usually give players too much credit for good play when Im hand reading! (Which of course results in me being weak/tight post flop.)