Mid Pp... Wondering Thoughts On Playing This Hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO (t3990)Button (t1200)SB (t2415)Hero (t3195)UTG (t890)UTG+1 (t1805)MP1 (t3195)MP2 (t5709)MP3 (t5481)Preflop: Hero is BB with 7club.gif, 7diamond.gif. Not my hand so I don't have the real HH but wondering on thoughts on the play. On the different streets.Folded around to CO who raises 120 to 220fold, fold, back to hero in the big blind????This is how a discussion started in another thread.My thoughts, call with 77 from BB and see a flop.Flop comes something like 833 - rainbow. Pot - 490.And this is where we went in different paths. That looks like about as good as it can for us. So I lead out here for 350ish?. If I am raised, I am probably laying it down.Turn comes something like 4 - still no flush. Pot - 1190.If I get called on the flop, I am leading here as well (900?) and still willing to fold to a raise? Thinking that he wouldn't re-raise with just two overs and more then likely wouldn't call. But if he does...River comes J.That is a scarier card. I have lead all the way, to me I am check/folding here. My stack would have taken a big hit. By my calculations I would have put in 1470 leaving me with 1700ish.My thoughts are that if I am raised at all post flop I am more then likely up against a larger pp. If I am bet into on the river, then still a larger pp or 88 because I don't think anyone else is coming all the way with something like AJ or KJ and definitely not with something we beat.Any thoughts on this? Particularly the river?The OP was check/calling. And I just don't see where that can be right ever.Thanks for your input...

This is a spew hand for me too, so I can see the dilemma. I probably play it the EXACT same way as you. 2/3ish pot, same on the turn, and on the river, I'm frozen and get stuck. Edit, my river play would be check fold.I think the proper play might be to play it a bit stronger on the flop, so pot bet to eliminate any calls with overs. Check fold on the turn. With the tricky PF raise amount, some people are pretty strange when it comes to big PP.I'd be interested to hear some other views on this one.

when it comes down to it middle pair with a flopped pair is just a typical WA/WB situation. Bet small on the flop and turn..no more than 1/2 pot. Value betting on the river probably is a close decision when no A and only 1 overcard has flopped. Against a solid player youre only getting called by hands that beat you, but weak players could look you up with an underpair or 2 overcards.