What Do You Do In This Spot?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 - 25 ante (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP (t2720)Button (t3020)Hero (t5975)BB (t11075)UTG (t4210)Preflop: Hero is SB with Jspade.gif, 7spade.gif. 3 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (t525) 2heart.gif, 6heart.gif, Jclub.gif(2 players)Hero bets t300, BB calls t300.Turn: (t1125) 7club.gif(2 players)Hero bets t1100, BB calls t1100.River: (t3325) 6diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.Final Pot: t3325This hand is similar to the other one, however my bet sizing is better (except for the river). For those who will dislike the preflop limp, Villain was very passive. I am getting 4.25:1 pot odds to limp on a player who is only raising at most 5% of the time.Throughout the hand I am putting him on a weak made hand or a FD draw. In position, I would normally fire a value bet on this river card, but out of position I am not sure what is best to do. Does anybody set the price here and fire out a smallish river bet? Do you continue to value bet or do you think a check is ok? Please explain your reasoning.Edit: Converter wasn't including the antes so I edited them into the totals.

I prefer a PF raise. Not only does it take the hand down often, J7s is above average, it disguises your miracle flops well, and it eliminates some ugly hands that flop a miracle. This is especially important OOP, but Id still raise in the BB.As played I check the river. Hes either got a set that you dont want to bet into, or he missed a draw that folds to any bet. Getting value from J6 or J2 that dont raise the flop with a draw on board is too bizarre for me.

I prefer a PF raise. Not only does it take the hand down often, J7s is above average, it disguises your miracle flops well, and it eliminates some ugly hands that flop a miracle. This is especially important OOP, but Id still raise in the BB.As played I check the river. Hes either got a set that you dont want to bet into, or he missed a draw that folds to any bet. Getting value from J6 or J2 that dont raise the flop with a draw on board is too bizarre for me.
Wow, I didn't realize how wide my raising range should be here. the weakest hands I raise here is like K9, my weak aces, maybe QJ. Do you alter your range for blind vs blind based on the aggression of your opponent?
Wow, I didn't realize how wide my raising range should be here. the weakest hands I raise here is like K9, my weak aces, maybe QJ. Do you alter your range for blind vs blind based on the aggression of your opponent?
Yes. I play more hands, but less aggressively if villain is aggro. I dont mind folding trash to his reraise a few times (given sufficient stacks of course) because it sets up a reraise when I have a big hand pre-flop. Also if hes aggressive post flop it gives me a lot of cr or crai possibilities if I get to see a monster flop.Careful though..Im just a tourney donk, and taking what I say as what "should" be done may be giving me too much credence. Its just an opinion and the way I generally play!
I like to play different ways from the SB, especially if I have had the same player to my left for a while. Fold sometimes, complete sometimes, raise sometimes so he can't reliably put me on a hand. Pumping chips into an unraised blind v. blind pot is usually pretty uncomfortable for me so I could have played this hand the exact same way.

Folded to you in the SB and you have a nice stack with a passive player in the BB at blinds of 100/200/25...you should be raising to steal with ATC here. Why limp when you stand a 66% chance of whiffing and you give him position on you?

As stated, I'd prefer a PF raise here, though as played post-flop your line looks fine to me. Sets are a possibility but I can see someone donk-calling with AJ or KJ too, maybe a busted flush draw (though if so he made some REALLY bad calls unless it was AJ/KJ hearts).

45o. :club:
Good read on the missed draw, cop.TY,TY . :)Note that if you did raise PF his 54o may actually call putting you on a steal and thinking he can stack you with a big hand (which of course you wouldnt let him do, would you?)
Good read on the missed draw, cop.TY,TY . :)Note that if you did raise PF his 54o may actually call putting you on a steal and thinking he can stack you with a big hand (which of course you wouldnt let him do, would you?)
Good read on the missed draw, cop. :club: Lol, I am going to test the waters with broadening my range in this spot. If I end up stacking off in really bad spots, I know who to blame. :D