Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The article states pretty clearly that some of the flight was because the reality of instantly declining property values once blacks bought in.

What do you mean "flight and gentrification both ways"?

Maybe I didn't phrase that right.

I've seen white flight occur where whites leave because non-whites move in and all of a sudden, their formerly safe neighborhood is covered in gang grafitti and is unsafe.

I've seen scrappy young urban pionners move into neighborhoods that 20 years ago were like something out of Max Max but now, are pretty much established as upper income urban enclaves.

My favorite has to be the real naive ninnies, though, who moved into 'mixed income developments' after CHA tore down the high-rises and moved lifelong welfare rodents into townhouses next to 'market rate residents', invariably a young white couple in their early-mid 20's so excited to be moving into the big city! The first year living next to LaShondra and the cousins is when reality sets in and they realize that there's a big part of life their college professors neglected to tell them about... in but not before they put down a healthy down payment!

I live in a neighborhood that's mostly Hispanic.

I have absolutely zero 'ethnic fear' having lived in Chicago for as long as I have yet I am called 'ignorant' by deeply naive people who would shit themselves dry if they ever found themselves in neighborhoods I routinely traverse. Life is funny like that.

All that said, I think we're finally making headway. We're two or three generations out from being where the British are, today, where race just sort of is what it is and isn't emphasized to death. We're in a netherworld right now stuck between that point and the uglier aspects of the past.

Also, LOL at the implication that the reason Israel florished after the holocaust was because of German reparations. It jmust be hard going through life having such a tenuous grasp on the way shit really is.

We're two or three generations from being where the Brits are? The same Brits that do monkey chants and throw bananas on the soccer pitch at black players?

Agreed that the Jews were gonna do just fine on their own, but the money clearly helped Israel, no? I don't pretend to be a scholar on this topic, just found it interesting and wanted a good opinion or two. Scram delivered, as usual. Thanks

Israel was building an actual nation. That money went towards that objective. It was also paid by the nation that not a decade earlier had systemically exterminated them. They weren't reaching seven generations back hoping that they deserved a check on the basis of a failed cutlure and some academic theories as to why it all went down.

Who would be paid 'black reparations'?

Just randomly writing checks to all blacks? That money would be gone in > 1 generation, quite possibly > 1 year.

We've all seen the Dave Chappelle skit. It's no joke. Let me know when the checks go out so I can make sure to get in the pawn-shop business ahead of time.

Either integrate or dissociate.

That's basically the choice they have. They want it both ways, it doesn't work that way.

Britain is a pretty level place on this issue. Yes, there are assholes everywhere, our trying to combat that by equating 'racism' with first degree thoughtcrime has done nothing but create backlash and resistance. Pound for pound, though, they're pretty reasonable with how they treat black folks. One thing they do not do is accept the subculture excuse. You're British, or GTFO. We're a lot more comfortable with accepting the idea of blacks as a subculture, blacks themselves are comfortable with it so it shouldn't come as any surprise that's precisely where they are, consequences and all.

I know that this was half a dozen topics ago, but 'grill out' is a widely used term in the southeast. I would've expected it to be used nationwide, so I'm surprised hearing that it isn't.

• Like 2

you might not do the same thing in my situation, but it doesn't make it wrong. I want the financial flexibility to be able to ditch this job and move somewhere like Chicago if my employer shits on me in June.

Is the hypothetical move still based on job and earning potential? How's Louisville? What kind of city do you want to live in?

Her causing you an erection or you performing analingus is WAY SEXIER than you causing her lady parts soreness and turning them into deli roast beef. Frau? Can I get a ruling here?

I am not comfortable with vaginas and lunch meats being in the same metaphor. Anything besides saying or implying that is an improvement.

It means I'll revere her awesomeness even more if she meets Jack Bauer. I'm almost caught up, btw

I haven't seen 24, haven't met Keifer Sutherland, but have met some other people who work on that show--no on camera people, though.

I read it earlier

Do you have a subscription to the magazine? I think I've let all my subscriptions lapse.

Also, I know that I've not particularly earned my place in here yet, but I'm happy about it, so I'm going to share it...

My wife of 5 months is pregnant with our first child. :)

• Like 7

I do not, but I find myself being linked to a bunch of their stories via twitter or other articles. Maybe I should subscribe. And then I can look kind of sophisticated in the unlikely case I get a lady visitor to my apartment.

• Like 1

Also, I know that I've not particularly earned my place in here yet, but I'm happy about it, so I'm going to share it...

My wife of 5 months is pregnant with our first child. :)

nice brag post about the sex.

• Like 2

you're doing it all wrong cobalt, the story is supposed to be about a time you failed trying to get teh sex.

• Like 1

There is basically no one at work today. And they sent out an email saying the office closed at 2 for the Holliday. Then my boss emails me and is like you'll need to stay until 5 for any money movement. So I'll be feet up on the desk waiting for the phone to ring from 2 to 5.

• Like 1

Yeah, don't use that time to try and move up from position as being literally the least productive person in your company.

I'm just playing, homie. I wouldn't do shit neither. And I'd be pissed AF that it was me who had to be there for that.

i picture sa replicating the bob seger scene from risky business. but with office chairs and shit.

or maybe i just like thinking of sa in his tighty whiteys.

• Like 1

Doing the jobs of three people when I don't really know what in doing yet has worn me down. And their refusal to hire the assistant when they could have for bullshit corporate reasons has me very upset and generally not giving a fvck if I fall behind anymore.

I am not comfortable with vaginas and lunch meats being in the same metaphor. Anything besides saying or implying that is an improvement.

Another signature worthy line from frau.

As your attorney I advise against that.

Seconded.

Napster, do you wear white sunglasses by chance?

• Like 2

I'm meeting a girlfriend for breakfast--it's a cafeteria style restaurant.

I wanted diner style, with servers. I'm always on time, she's late, but I don't feel like waiting in line once for coffee, and then again for food.

Essay, I'm working on Saturday.

I have a weird feeling that SA's office/company is going to be in the news before long for something illegal, a Ponzi scheme, ripping people off, fraudulent accounting, something. He's just being set up to be the fall guy.

I hope I'm wrong?