official 2006 negreanu open tournament information

Ok here are all the details of the 2006 Negreanu Open Season:The season will be broken up into 4 separate quarters: :club: 1st period will begin January 11th and run through March 29th (12 weeks) :D 2nd period will run April ? June :D 3rd period July ? September :D 4th period October ? DecemberThe tournaments will continue to be held at 21:00 (9:00 EST) on Wednesday nights and the buy-in will remain $10+$1.The tournaments will be held on the new fullcontactpoker.com and WILL NOT REQUIRE A PASSWORD (So yes this means you will never have to PM me again!)The tournaments will be found in the main Tournaments lobby and will be labeled ?Weekly Negreanu Open?. Registration for each event will begin 3 Days (72 hours) before the event begins. It is important to note that you will only be able to access, register, and play in these tournaments through the FCP skin as none of the other Poker Room skins will have access to these tournaments.As always there will be a leader board website that I will maintain (with the help of dabluebery and his most excellent Excel skillz). I will provide the new leader board website URL when the site is ready.Points will be earned for every tournament played based on the standard TLB formula which is:Points = 10 * [sqrt(n)/sqrt(k)] * [1+log(b+0.25)] Where: n is the number of entrants k is the place of finish (k=1 for the first-place finisher, and so on) b is the buy-in amount in dollars (excluding administrative fee) which is $10 in all of these tournamentsAt the end of every leader board period the Top 9 FCP?ers with the most cumulative points will get their choice from the following two prizes (currently not even available for purchase I might add!):A) A customized Fullcontactpoker.com Hockey Jersey (with the new FCP logo) with your FCP username on the back and personally autographed by Daniel Negreanu.B) A new Fullcontactpoker.com (with the new FCP logo) Chip Set with case autographed by Daniel Negreanu.In ADDITION to getting your choice of the above prizes you will also gain entry into a 10 person SnG Freeroll where Daniel will be filling in 10th spot!At the end of each quarter everyone?s points will be reset back to 0 and the exact same process will repeat for all 4 quarters in 2006 where you get to chose one of the prizes I mentioned above and also play in a private SnG with Daniel if you make the top 9.Now that Daniel has his own site we have a little more flexibility with the promotions so we added a couple of cool new WEEKLY incentives IN ADDITION to the standard prize pool offered from the tournament itself.1st place each week will receive an additional $50 in FCP Free Money.2nd place each week will receive an additional $30 in FCP Free Money3rd place each week will receive an additional $20 in FCP Free MoneyRemember that Free money is like bonus money that is cleared 2:1 on the FCP site.ALSO in addition to everything above everyone who plays in that weeks tournament gets their name thrown into a ?hat? for a random drawing for their choice of a FCP Hat or FCP T-Shirt. You could finish in last place, middle of the road, etc and still win this prize.At the end of 2006 we will have 4 sets of top 9 points winners and those 36 individuals will be invited to play in the 2006 Tournament of Champions (TOC). If there are any duplicates in the top 9 from one quarter to the next we will take the next highest points leader until a full field of 36 is established. Daniel will also be playing in this tournament.Since this TPC tournament is over a year away there could be some cool things come up through the year that we will add as prizes for the TOC winner, but for now it is certain that the winner will receive their choice of EITHER:A) A one hour 1:1 phone coaching/consultation with Daniel Negreanu. You will have full access to Daniels brain for that hour and can even review hand histories with him if you like.B) A one hour 1:1 HU Online Poker Session against Daniel Negreanu where you will be able to play each other and chat real time, discuss hands, strategies, etc.Again there will be a full website up in a week or so that will have full details including a FAQ page. I will put that link here when it?s ready.I don?t know about you all, but I am VERY pumped for this season and am excited at all the cool prizes and opportunities here. I want to thank Daniel and Chris from his business team for helping doing all this, definitely very cool!See you all on January 11th!PS - For the 2005 TOC participants the tournament will be held on the new FCP site at 21:00 EST (9:00 PM EST) on Wednesday January 4th. I will be contacting the 18 people by private message. If you havent heard from me by this weekend go ahead and send me a message for the password.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused about who I'm supposed to PM now.
PM Dawn was an extremely underrated R&B group. That single from the Boomerrang sound track should have gotten more air play.

Sounds good...So, what's the over/under on the # of participants each week?I say around 200... maybe even more. Especially if DN plays in a few of them. We had a max. of around 126 this past quarter... average of maybe 108... I think the average may push 200.

Ok here are all the details of the 2006 Negreanu Open Season:The season will be broken up into 4 separate quarters: :club: 1st period will begin January 11th and run through March 29th (12 weeks) :D 2nd period will run April ? June :D 3rd period July ? September :D 4th period October ? DecemberThe tournaments will continue to be held at 21:00 (9:00 EST) on Wednesday nights and the buy-in will remain $10+$1.The tournaments will be held on the new fullcontactpoker.com and WILL NOT REQUIRE A PASSWORD (So yes this means you will never have to PM me again!)The tournaments will be found in the main Tournaments lobby and will be labeled ?Weekly Negreanu Open?. Registration for each event will begin 3 Days (72 hours) before the event begins. It is important to note that you will only be able to access, register, and play in these tournaments through the FCP skin as none of the other Poker Room skins will have access to these tournaments.As always there will be a leader board website that I will maintain (with the help of dabluebery and his most excellent Excel skillz). I will provide the new leader board website URL when the site is ready.Points will be earned for every tournament played based on the standard TLB formula which is:Points = 10 * [sqrt(n)/sqrt(k)] * [1+log(b+0.25)] Where: n is the number of entrants k is the place of finish (k=1 for the first-place finisher, and so on) b is the buy-in amount in dollars (excluding administrative fee) which is $10 in all of these tournamentsAt the end of every leader board period the Top 9 FCP?ers with the most cumulative points will get their choice from the following two prizes (currently not even available for purchase I might add!):A) A customized Fullcontactpoker.com Hockey Jersey (with the new FCP logo) with your FCP username on the back and personally autographed by Daniel Negreanu.B) A new Fullcontactpoker.com (with the new FCP logo) Chip Set with case autographed by Daniel Negreanu.In ADDITION to getting your choice of the above prizes you will also gain entry into a 10 person SnG Freeroll where Daniel will be filling in 10th spot!At the end of each quarter everyone?s points will be reset back to 0 and the exact same process will repeat for all 4 quarters in 2006 where you get to chose one of the prizes I mentioned above and also play in a private SnG with Daniel if you make the top 9.Now that Daniel has his own site we have a little more flexibility with the promotions so we added a couple of cool new WEEKLY incentives IN ADDITION to the standard prize pool offered from the tournament itself.1st place each week will receive an additional $50 in FCP Free Money.2nd place each week will receive an additional $30 in FCP Free Money3rd place each week will receive an additional $20 in FCP Free MoneyRemember that Free money is like bonus money that is cleared 2:1 on the FCP site.ALSO in addition to everything above everyone who plays in that weeks tournament gets their name thrown into a ?hat? for a random drawing for their choice of a FCP Hat or FCP T-Shirt. You could finish in last place, middle of the road, etc and still win this prize.At the end of 2006 we will have 4 sets of top 9 points winners and those 36 individuals will be invited to play in the 2006 Tournament of Champions (TOC). If there are any duplicates in the top 9 from one quarter to the next we will take the next highest points leader until a full field of 36 is established. Daniel will also be playing in this tournament.Since this TPC tournament is over a year away there could be some cool things come up through the year that we will add as prizes for the TOC winner, but for now it is certain that the winner will receive their choice of EITHER:A) A one hour 1:1 phone coaching/consultation with Daniel Negreanu. You will have full access to Daniels brain for that hour and can even review hand histories with him if you like.B) A one hour 1:1 HU Online Poker Session against Daniel Negreanu where you will be able to play each other and chat real time, discuss hands, strategies, etc.Again there will be a full website up in a week or so that will have full details including a FAQ page. I will put that link here when it?s ready.I don?t know about you all, but I am VERY pumped for this season and am excited at all the cool prizes and opportunities here. I want to thank Daniel and Chris from his business team for helping doing all this, definitely very cool!See you all on January 11th!PS - For the 2005 TOC participants the tournament will be held on the new FCP site at 21:00 EST (9:00 PM EST) on Wednesday January 4th. I will be contacting the 18 people by private message. If you havent heard from me by this weekend go ahead and send me a message for the password.
I read the whole post and this is all I came away with.
I'm confused about who I'm supposed to PM now.
PM Dawn was an extremely underrated R&B group. That single from the Boomerrang sound track should have gotten more air play.
The Bliss Album is one of my favorite cd's.

wow, this is sweet I love it. Havent been playing in the neg-o lately cause I havent wanted to put anymore money on stars. I dont know how i missed this thanks for pointing it out during the freeroll dna.

A) A one hour 1:1 phone coaching/consultation with Daniel Negreanu. You will have full access to Daniels brain for that hour and can even review hand histories with him if you like.B) A one hour 1:1 HU Online Poker Session against Daniel Negreanu where you will be able to play each other and chat real time, discuss hands, strategies, etc.
What if I want my 1:1 session to be with dna4ever?
In ADDITION to getting your choice of the above prizes you will also gain entry into a 10 person SnG Freeroll where Daniel will be filling in 10th spot!
I'm not complaining about the glorious bounty of prizes we're being given, but out of curiosity is there a cash money prize for this SnG or is the prize the chance to bust DN and proclaim myself 2006 Player of the Year?If I don't hear back from you I'll PM Dreamclown for help.
In ADDITION to getting your choice of the above prizes you will also gain entry into a 10 person SnG Freeroll where Daniel will be filling in 10th spot!
I'm not complaining about the glorious bounty of prizes we're being given, but out of curiosity is there a cash money prize for this SnG or is the prize the chance to bust DN and proclaim myself 2006 Player of the Year?If I don't hear back from you I'll PM Dreamclown for help.
I'm sure there will be something, at the minimum I can guarantee $50/$30/$20 in FCP Free Money for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. We'll cross that bridge when it comes, its 12+ months away, i have a feeling there will be some cool things come up as options between now and then.