• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7 episodes in. Can't get, "Hey is that a gal I see, No it's just a fallacy" out of my head.   GOB's delivery on "Here's a mouse, now it's gone," is still slaying me 24 hours after watching it.

15 (new) episode season to be released on Netflix on May 26th

every time I flip past fox, and see some horrendous CRAP show, I vow that if I ever get diagnosed with terminal cancer, the executives who cancelled AD will pay. THEY WILL PAY.
There's a special place reserved for them in hell, for sure.
  • 1 year later...

Bump for me just finishing Season 3 and declaring it the funniest show ever to grace my television. The laughs per minute quotient is ridiculous. Franklin: My name is Judge.Gob: Whose name is Judge?Franklin: My name is.Michael: Okay.Gob: That's a silly name.Michael: That's enough.Franklin: Judge, my name.Gob: Yes, I am judging your name. It am silly.Franklin: Is.Michael: Please stop.Gob: Oh, now, you're correcting my grammar.

I think that, most likely every day, some exec at Fox responsible for the cancellation of AD lowers his head into his hands and says: "I've made a huge mistake."
Much like everyday I realize the show was cancelled I say "Oh COME ON!"I read an interview with creator Mitchell Hurwitz that said something like he was glad it ended while the product was still really good (and I'll argue that Season 3 is the strongest which is an incredible accomplishment)
I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.
Lucille: When's the last time you went on a date?Michael: I just haven't met anybody who's not completely self-absorbed and impossible to have a conversation with.Lucille: If that's a veiled criticism about me, I won't hear it and I won't respond to it.

Tobias Fünke: Do you see me more as the respected dramatic actor or more of the beloved comic actor? Carl Weathers: Whoa, whoa, whoa. There's still plenty of meat on that bone. Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you've got a stew going. Tobias Fünke: Yes, that's fine, but I would like to focus on my acting, Mr. Weathers. I did give you my last $1, 100. Carl Weathers: Let me tell you a little story about acting. I was doing this Showtime movie, Hot Ice with Anne Archer, never once touched my per diem. I'd go to Craft Service, get some raw veggies, bacon, Cup-A-Soup... baby, I got a stew going. Tobias Fünke: I think I'd like my money back.

Carl Weathers (at Burger King): "You know I can get a free refill anytime I want here?"Tobias (shouting across the room): "I KNOW! IT'S A WONDERFUL RESTAURANT!"~ The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

Michael: It is going to up in Tahoe a couple more days. Maybe you could take a date Lucille: How am I supposed to find someone willing to go into that musty old claptrap? Michael: [Michael stares at her awkwardly] The cabin... yes! That would be difficult, too. Michael: Go ahead and tell Gob that I'll be telling the cops that it was him in the truck, so he'll be joining me here. I have a nice, hard cot with this name on it. Lucille: You'd do that to your own brother? Michael: I said "cot." The more I watch the show, the more I love Lucille. Her reactions to Gene Parmesan kill me...and her reaction to the "live ending" of S.O.B. is fantastic.Have you guys ever watched some of the DVD extras? There's one with all of them doing commentary, and apparently the entire cast loves ripping on her (whoever that actress is) all the time. It's hilarious.

Lucille: When's the last time you went on a date?Michael: I just haven't met anybody who's not completely self-absorbed and impossible to have a conversation with.Lucille: If that's a veiled criticism about me, I won't hear it and I won't respond to it.
I can't tell if you're supplementing or correcting. If it's the latter, she says both lines.

It wasnt fox executives who killed this show they gave it alot of chances to work but they run a business. Its the TV viewing public who would rather watch dumbasses eat pig rectums for cash prizes or see how much weight some fat asses can lose instead of maybe the most brilliant sit com ever. AD>Curb>Seinfeld

It wasnt fox executives who killed this show they gave it alot of chances to work but they run a business. Its the TV viewing public who would rather watch dumbasses eat pig rectums for cash prizes or see how much weight some fat asses can lose instead of maybe the most brilliant sit com ever. AD>Curb>Seinfeld
well it's true it didn't have a big audience, but I'm not sure how they are supposed to build an audience when the executives decide to place your show in bad time slots, and also continually change the time slot in which it airs.If this show aired today, with on demand and tivo being a lot more prominent, it would probably do a whole lot better.I'm not sure the show only airing for three seasons is such a bad thing. It's a great show, but who knows what would've happened if it kept going. Also, Michael Cera is now thriving in his movie career so that's not too bad. Don't get me wrong, I would've loved to see three more seasons, but it's pretty awesome as it is now.

One of the worst things is that they gave AD's sunday night time slot to The War at Home. One of the most terrible shows I have ever seen.And if you like AD you'll probly like Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia if you havent seen it yet. Its hillarious.

Okay, I've had a few drinks and I just got back from a great date so I'm in a great mood, but this was probably the funniest thing I've ever read.Gob: I'm going to videotape myself doing tricks around the office. I'm going to call it "tricks" - let me finish - "around the office." I finally figured out a way to make money while I'm working.Michael: But that is what we call working.ps. obv brag post
I can't tell if you're supplementing or correcting. If it's the latter, she says both lines.
I was supplementing. I check my ego at the door in Arrested Development Fanboy threads. This is a place for togetherness, not... apartness.
Okay, I've had a few drinks and I just got back from a great date so I'm in a great mood, but this was probably the funniest thing I've ever read.Gob: I'm going to videotape myself doing tricks around the office. I'm going to call it "tricks" - let me finish - "around the office." I finally figured out a way to make money while I'm working.Michael: But that is what we call working.ps. obv brag post
I really, really wish everyone could see the picture of Yorke and his date I have in my head right now. First of all, they both have on lab coats.
After reading this thread I feel horrible to have to admit I have never seen an episode.
Don't just stand there....Get all 3 seasons for Xmas from someone that loves you. Preferably Jesus.