probably the wrong play, but...

$1/2 NL cash game, $100 max buyin. I'm one from the cutoff and I pick up 6-6 (my favourite hand, for whatever reason). I've been card dead and folding a lot preflop, so I raise to $10, button (tight, fairly weak) and I have been going at it a bit, and he calls. Pot is $23, flop comes J-2-4 rainbow. I bet $15, he raises to $30. I'm not yet sure if he has the Jack, so I reraise to $70 (a large bet at this table). He thinks for 2-3 minutes, then calls, rather reluctantly. Pot is $163, turn is an Ace. I think for a few seconds, then decide he'll lay down his Q-J or 10-J here if I move in. I decide to push for my last $60, he thinks for a LONG time, and calls with the Q-J. River is an Ace, and I'm on the rail. I feel like I played the hand well, but I lost all my chips so it couldn't have been that good :club:. Advice is appreciated, thanks.

you could've jsut called PF, but since you had a tight image, raising is good. I would've gave up on the flop after he raised me. no need to get tricky. other than that, you played it like you had AK or AQ..he probably had AJ?teneight

I think you played it a little too agressively on the flop, to call a reraise he's sure to have you beat. You were right that he had qj and the a would have scared me out of the pot. I like the turn bet trying to steal, but maybe just fold after he raises you on the flop.

$1/2 NL cash game, $100 max buyin. I'm one from the cutoff and I pick up 6-6 (my favourite hand, for whatever reason). I've been card dead and folding a lot preflop, so I raise to $10, button (tight, fairly weak) and I have been going at it a bit, and he calls. Pot is $23, flop comes J-2-4 rainbow. I bet $15, he raises to $30. I'm not yet sure if he has the Jack, so I reraise to $70 (a large bet at this table). He thinks for 2-3 minutes, then calls, rather reluctantly. Pot is $163, turn is an Ace. I think for a few seconds, then decide he'll lay down his Q-J or 10-J here if I move in. I decide to push for my last $60, he thinks for a LONG time, and calls with the Q-J. River is an Ace, and I'm on the rail. I feel like I played the hand well, but I lost all my chips so it couldn't have been that good . Advice is appreciated, thanks. You played that hand real bad.You have 66 and it's folded to you, why raise to $10. There is $3 in the pot. If you get re-raised to $30 from any one of the 3 that has yet to act, your 66 doesn't real strong does it?If they all fold, you win $3.You are hoping to flop a set and bust someone, why go crazy with a little pocket pair!66 plays well in a multi way pot, you win a big pot or lose the minimum.I bet $15, he raises to $30. I'm not yet sure if he has the Jack, Right there, he is telling you that he wants a call. Minimum raises usually means, please call or the player is a chicken and playing scared poker.You going all in for another $60 in a $163 pot, isn't going to scare anyone unless there are on a draw. Remember he called your re-raise on the turn, you now know you're beat! You should give up your baby pair.You should have lost $2 in this hand.

I like the raise pre-flop. You have a tight table image and the raise should scare everyone off, which is what you want.You got a call from a weak-tight player. Not bad, but not the greatest situation for you.The flop comes J24. You aren't really scared of this flop, it's good for you. Only one overcard to your pair.You bet out just under the pot. Good bet.You get raised the minimum. I would be cautious here if he really is a weak-tight player. If he is a weak player, he would only do that with the J, so you should be careful. I would trust my read here. Either fold the hand now or move in if you think he is weak. Moving in at the slightest hint of weakness is a powerful weapon.You reraise, but not enough. I think if you are going to go with this hand, you should go all-in right now. I wouldn't advise this, I would fold, but if you want to raise, make it count and move in. If he contemplated calling your small raise, then he would probably fold to your big raise.The turn comes ace and you move in on a steal. Not a bad play if you had A LOT more chips, but with what you have you are basically hoping the guy doesn't notice the size of the pot. Not a good thing to hope for.You had the right idea for the most part, just poorly executed.

You played that hand real bad.You have 66 and it's folded to you, why raise to $10. There is $3 in the pot. If you get re-raised to $30 from any one of the 3 that has yet to act, your 66 doesn't real strong does it?If they all fold, you win $3.You are hoping to flop a set and bust someone, why go crazy with a little pocket pair!66 plays well in a multi way pot, you win a big pot or lose the minimum.That's all great if you feel like playing like a robot. If I limp all the time with midpairs, my sets will be easier to sniff out. Preflop aggression like this could earn me a reraise when I have a real hand. If everyone folded, I probably would have shown the 6s to establish some image.I bet $15, he raises to $30. I'm not yet sure if he has the Jack, Right there, he is telling you that he wants a call. Minimum raises usually means, please call or the player is a chicken and playing scared poker.It may mean he wants a call, but I definitely don't think he wanted a raise, so I took a stab.You going all in for another $60 in a $163 pot, isn't going to scare anyone unless there are on a draw. Remember he called your re-raise on the turn, you now know you're beat! You should give up your baby pair.Actually, I would have shut down on the turn, but an Ace came, which is a definite scare card for him. If I check the turn, he bets, and I fold, kissing my already invested $80 goodbye. I knew I was beat, but I really thought he would lay it down, and he came very close to doing so. I agree some of my play was wrong, but I think you're wrong as to why.

I like the raise pre-flop. You have a tight table image and the raise should scare everyone off, which is what you want.You got a call from a weak-tight player. Not bad, but not the greatest situation for you.The flop comes J24. You aren't really scared of this flop, it's good for you. Only one overcard to your pair.You bet out just under the pot. Good bet.You get raised the minimum. I would be cautious here if he really is a weak-tight player. If he is a weak player, he would only do that with the J, so you should be careful. I would trust my read here. Either fold the hand now or move in if you think he is weak. Moving in at the slightest hint of weakness is a powerful weapon.You reraise, but not enough. I think if you are going to go with this hand, you should go all-in right now. I wouldn't advise this, I would fold, but if you want to raise, make it count and move in. If he contemplated calling your small raise, then he would probably fold to your big raise.The turn comes ace and you move in on a steal. Not a bad play if you had A LOT more chips, but with what you have you are basically hoping the guy doesn't notice the size of the pot. Not a good thing to hope for.You had the right idea for the most part, just poorly executed.
I see your points, what if I flat call the reraise on the flop and THEN move in on the turn? Thinking back that seems like the best play to me, the only downside being I don't get the perfect read on his hand like I did after he called the $40 reraise, so I wouldn't be sure if he had A-J or not, in which case he'd beat me into the pot.
You going all in for another $60 in a $163 pot, isn't going to scare anyone unless there are on a draw. Remember he called your re-raise on the turn, you now know you're beat! You should give up your baby pair.[/b]Actually, I would have shut down on the turn, but an Ace came, which is a definite scare card for him. If I check the turn, he bets, and I fold, kissing my already invested $80 goodbye. I knew I was beat, but I really thought he would lay it down, and he came very close to doing so. I agree some of my play was wrong, but I think you're wrong as to why.
The problem with pushing to bluff that you have an ace is that he is getting almost 4-1 to call...3.7-1 to be exact...its really a pretty easy call for him to make
$1/2 NL cash game, $100 max buyin. I'm one from the cutoff and I pick up 6-6 (my favourite hand, for whatever reason). I've been card dead and folding a lot preflop, so I raise to $10, button (tight, fairly weak) and I have been going at it a bit, and he calls. Pot is $23, flop comes J-2-4 rainbow. I bet $15, he raises to $30. I'm not yet sure if he has the Jack, so I reraise to $70 (a large bet at this table). He thinks for 2-3 minutes, then calls, rather reluctantly. Pot is $163, turn is an Ace. I think for a few seconds, then decide he'll lay down his Q-J or 10-J here if I move in. I decide to push for my last $60, he thinks for a LONG time, and calls with the Q-J. River is an Ace, and I'm on the rail. I feel like I played the hand well, but I lost all my chips so it couldn't have been that good . Advice is appreciated, thanks. You played that hand real bad.You have 66 and it's folded to you, why raise to $10. There is $3 in the pot. If you get re-raised to $30 from any one of the 3 that has yet to act, your 66 doesn't real strong does it?If they all fold, you win $3.You are hoping to flop a set and bust someone, why go crazy with a little pocket pair!66 plays well in a multi way pot, you win a big pot or lose the minimum.I bet $15, he raises to $30. I'm not yet sure if he has the Jack, Right there, he is telling you that he wants a call. Minimum raises usually means, please call or the player is a chicken and playing scared poker.You going all in for another $60 in a $163 pot, isn't going to scare anyone unless there are on a draw. Remember he called your re-raise on the turn, you now know you're beat! You should give up your baby pair.You should have lost $2 in this hand.
I agree with choic's examination. I can't believe that minimum raise wasn't a flag to you.
Right, but if Insanity had just called, and then moved rep-ing the Ace on the turn with 130 instead of the 60, his opponent would have more likely folded. The reraise was bad in this situation.
Exactly, I don't think the steal was the bad play here, since I knew he was weak, and he was, in fact, weak. I now realize that the best play was calling the reraise on the flop, leaving me with enough to check/fold the turn if the Ace doesn't hit, and making my bet big enough for him to fold when the Ace did hit. Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty sure I'll make the right play in the future.