Why Are Limit Players So Bad?

Maybe its just Party but the plays people make in the large limit tournaments boggle the mind. Calling capped bets with 68 and flopping straights and when you're one out of the final table, calling the bb when the bb is already all in and no one else is playing, and you turn over 85s, do they realize that hand loses all its value if you are just playing an all in opponent? This kinda crap happens all the time and you just wonder if they have even seen limit before since no limit is shoved down our throat in tv.And has anyone noticed the number of online players who join limit then claim they thought it was NL. Doesn't the complete lack of the initials NL from the title make it obvious? If you can't read, shouldn't you be saving your money for books ?

I can't speak spanish.....and I don't think I'll be saving any money for spanish movies....any connection?
Sorry, forgot you guys wouldn't make the connection that you have to start somewhere to learn to read. My mistake.

I've been playing NL tournaments on PP for the past couple of weeks, and I've been doing pretty well. Yesterday I fnished 18th in a 6 dollar tourny and today I finished 138th in a 11 dollar tourny. A week ago I finished 29th in a free roll.

I've been playing NL tournaments on PP for the past couple of weeks, and I've been doing pretty well. Yesterday I fnished 18th in a 6 dollar tourny and today I finished 138th in a 11 dollar tourny. A week ago I finished 29th in a free roll.
Oh yeah?Well six months ago I finished 287th in a $6 tourny.What's your point?
calling the bb when the bb is already all in and no one else is playing, and you turn over 85s, do they realize that hand loses all its value if you are just playing an all in opponent?
Looks like you are this player. You are pretty vague since you leave out the chip counts. If it was only a bet or half a bet to knock someone out, I would call with any two cards.Hankfucious say "Give the man a tissue, for all his crying"
Maybe its just Party but the plays people make in the large limit tournaments boggle the mind. Calling capped bets with 68 and flopping straights and when you're one out of the final table, calling the bb when the bb is already all in and no one else is playing, and you turn over 85s, do they realize that hand loses all its value if you are just playing an all in opponent? This kinda crap happens all the time and you just wonder if they have even seen limit before since no limit is shoved down our throat in tv.And has anyone noticed the number of online players who join limit then claim they thought it was NL. Doesn't the complete lack of the initials NL from the title make it obvious? If you can't read, shouldn't you be saving your money for books ?
Wait, so are you saying you rather not play with bad players and people who do have common sense? Don't complain, your main source for your BR is from these people.
Looks like you are this player. You are pretty vague since you leave out the chip counts. If it was only a bet or half a bet to knock someone out, I would call with any two cards.
from the way the poster described the situation - BB was all in preflop in which case i would only imagine that EVERYONE at the table would call here to lessen his chances of winning and thus making the final table - shocking that only 1 person would call if im reading the situation correctly
calling the bb when the bb is already all in and no one else is playing, and you turn over 85s, do they realize that hand loses all its value if you are just playing an all in opponent?
Yes much better just to let the bb increase his stack by 50% and survive another round.What sort of idiot would call half a bet getting 3:1 with only a 45% chance of winning the hand?
Yes much better just to let the bb increase his stack by 50% and survive another round.What sort of idiot would call half a bet getting 3:1 with only a 45% chance of winning the hand?
just like to add... that limit holdem is so s.h.i.t ...NL best.. id love to see a omaha NL

I was playing a 1/2 Limit table last night on UB (I know, TP/MM). I get AA, raise after a couple of limpers, LAG guy to my right re-raises, I call, 3 people see the flop Q-8-2 (or similar). I bet, Laggy raises, other guy folds, I re-raise, laggy calls. I'm thinking he's hit a set or maybe two pair. Turn is a blank for me, I bet he calls, river is a 6, I bet he raises (!), I call. ****head turns over 8-6 for a RIVERED two pair. I kind of tilted and called the guy a ****ing joke. He cold calls preflop, raises the flop and bets to the river on middle pair and HITS his two pair on the river wtf. I know that's poker, but that guy really sucked major ***.

Limit Tournaments do attract the worst players.It's a good thing they suck, right Pantheon?who wants to play good players.
I DO, because good players fold. JEEZ actuary, and I thought you knew poker.
I was playing a 1/2 Limit table last night on UB (I know, TP/MM). I get AA, raise after a couple of limpers, LAG guy to my right re-raises, I call, 3 people see the flop Q-8-2 (or similar). I bet, Laggy raises, other guy folds, I re-raise, laggy calls. I'm thinking he's hit a set or maybe two pair. Turn is a blank for me, I bet he calls, river is a 6, I bet he raises (!), I call. ****head turns over 8-6 for a RIVERED two pair. I kind of tilted and called the guy a ****ing joke. He cold calls preflop, raises the flop and bets to the river on middle pair and HITS his two pair on the river wtf. I know that's poker, but that guy really sucked major ***.
The moral of the story is that $1 and $2 bets are not scary...meaning that anybody will chase because it is really LOW stakes. If you want people to play correctly then move up to a much higher limit game where the money involved makes people think a little more and play with some common sense.

The reason is that most people starting out in poker start with limit to limit their potential losses. Also, the majority of players who play only as a hobby also play mainly limit to also limit losses. Players that are aware they are bad (rare) also play limit. Players who are trying to build a bankroll will also usually play limit mainly as it allows them to gain experience while hopefully building their roll and limiting their losses. Passive players will tend to stick to limit too.I'll stop now.

The moral of the story is that $1 and $2 bets are not scary...meaning that anybody will chase because it is really LOW stakes. If you want people to play correctly then move up to a much higher limit game where the money involved makes people think a little more and play with some common sense.
Point taken...
The reason is that most people starting out in poker start with limit to limit their potential losses. Also, the majority of players who play only as a hobby also play mainly limit to also limit losses. Players that are aware they are bad (rare) also play limit. Players who are trying to build a bankroll will also usually play limit mainly as it allows them to gain experience while hopefully building their roll and limiting their losses. Passive players will tend to stick to limit too.I'll stop now.
Gotcha
The reason is that most people starting out in poker start with limit to limit their potential losses.
I disagree with the premise.I think most online players start with NL SnG's************and the amount of $$$ is relative.Moving up to $10/20 may mean no more to that opponent than $1/2 does to another.