Wsop Main Event Final Table On Pay Per View!

Phil Gordon posted this on the Myspace Bulletin:I'll be co-hosting the ESPN live pay per view coverage of the WSOP Main Event final table this Thursday, Aug 10th, 5pm ET.Check www.espnpayperview.com for details.It's going to be a long night...PhiCurious how many of you will actually pay to watch the WSOP Main even Final table on Pay Per view? ESPN.com PPV - 2006 World Series of Poker - Final Table Live! - $24.95

Besides it will be lame when people find out that they wont be able to see the players hole cards
WHAT? YOU CAN'T SEE THE CARDS? THATS NOT REAL POKER THEN! CUZ THEN I CAN"T TELL THEM WHAT TO DO THROUGH THE TV SCREEN CUZ I REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO EVEN THOUGH I PLAY .10/.20 NL AND THEY PLAY FOR LIKE ELEVENTY BAZWILLION DOLLARS!sw

I'm 99.9% sure from everything I've seen that hole cards will not be seen by viewers.

WHAT? YOU CAN'T SEE THE CARDS? THATS NOT REAL POKER THEN! CUZ THEN I CAN"T TELL THEM WHAT TO DO THROUGH THE TV SCREEN CUZ I REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO EVEN THOUGH I PLAY .10/.20 NL AND THEY PLAY FOR LIKE ELEVENTY BAZWILLION DOLLARS!sw
Worst.Post.Ever.First, its all caps....makes me think you're retarded. Second, you said BAZWILLION. Seriously don't know how you won 100k, but I can see your 13yearold nephew outwitting you.Third, you're not even funny, and your points suck. Infact, the person you quoted has more validity then you. Who the **** would pay, when reading updates online has virtually the same effect.

Really looking forward to this -- watched the 2002 World Series final table under similar circumstances (produced by the pokerpages guys) and I really enjoyed it. Not seeing the hole cards doesn't take away as much as you might otherwise think -- and it's compensated by the fact that you get to see the entire final table, not just selected hands - and the chatter between the players, psychological games, etc.

I'm actually excited to see it without holecards.
I agree with you. Though Id like to see some of the hands, but I would still watch it irregardless. Just not sure i want to fork over the $25!
Just not sure i want to fork over the $25![/quoteI'm buying it, putting up on my big plasma, and inviting everyone over to watch. Please bring snacks and beer.
I agree with you. Though Id like to see some of the hands, but I would still watch it irregardless. Just not sure i want to fork over the $25!
$25/ 15+ hours of entertainment = <$2/hour of entertainment. Pretty damn good if you ask me.