I'm still very new to 6 max, and getting over how aggro it is.Been sitting for about 10 minutes, haven't shown down a hand yet, stole the blinds once or twice, and took down a pot on the flop with a cbet, overrall have a v tight image, villain has been raising a lot of potsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($68.90)Hero ($50)BB ($84.40)UTG ($131.70)MP =#A500AF(Villain)/ ($138.25)CO ($99.85)Preflop: Hero is SB with K :club: , K :D . 1 fold, MP =#A500AF(Villain)/ raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.50, 1 fold.Flop: ($9) Q :D , T :D , 8 :)(2 players)Hero checks, Villain bets $6, Hero raises to $15, Villain raises to $134.25, Hero calls $31 (All-In).Turn: ($189.25) 4 :)(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($189.25) A :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $189.25I'm shortstacked and committed to the pot on the flop c/r. I call pf because of how tight my image is, I know he'll fold if I raise and I know he'll cbet the flop hard.Did I play this bad?What if I have a full stack, what do you do on the flop?

3 bet this preflop. You don't want to take KK to a flop against a raiser who has a wide range, OOP. Even if he folds to a 3 bet, it is better then you cold calling and seeing a flop against a huge hand range. You're unknowingly giving him large implied odds because you aren't going to be getting away from your KK very often (unless an A comes on the flop) for 50BB while he can probably easily let go of his hand.

3-bet preflop.As played, you are not going to fold this. Standard.
+1once you decide to slowplay PF, there's no turning back unless an A hits for 50 bbif you have a full stack I would recommend to always 3 bet this even if you're the nittiest nit at the table, KK plays better in a reraised pot in my opinionIn this case if you falt call PF I would raise flop to 20 and probably (that means against a typical player) fold to the push unless you feel AQ is a big part of his range, b/c this is pretty much as bas as it gets flopwise against a lag
I'm still very new to 6 max, and getting over how aggro it is.Been sitting for about 10 minutes, haven't shown down a hand yet, stole the blinds once or twice, and took down a pot on the flop with a cbet, overrall have a v tight image, villain has been raising a lot of potsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($68.90)Hero ($50)BB ($84.40)UTG ($131.70)MP =#A500AF(Villain)/ ($138.25)CO ($99.85)Preflop: Hero is SB with K :club: , K :D . 1 fold, MP =#A500AF(Villain)/ raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.50, 1 fold.Flop: ($9) Q :D , T :D , 8 :)(2 players)Hero checks, Villain bets $6, Hero raises to $15, Villain raises to $134.25, Hero calls $31 (All-In).Turn: ($189.25) 4 :)(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($189.25) A :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $189.25I'm shortstacked and committed to the pot on the flop c/r. I call pf because of how tight my image is, I know he'll fold if I raise and I know he'll cbet the flop hard.Did I play this bad?What if I have a full stack, what do you do on the flop?
If the table has been aggro, I re-raise the villain's PF raise hard.
Haven't read the responses yet, but I'm sure others will have said you've got to reraise before the flop. Since 6max is so aggro people don't give you as much credit for a big hand when you 3 bet, so when you have a big hand like AA or KK you have to punish them hard. Plus, by just calling you're out of position for the rest of the hand. Everytime you flat call with KK OOP a puppy gets drowned. I hope you're happy.

OP i disagree with everyone here on this topic, and like the way you played it. Just because you have a big hand preflop does not automatically mean you 3 bet preflop. while i understand the issues that people are saying, the fact that he has such a tight image and thinks the guy will lay down to a 3 preflop bet is a huge factor. that being said, 3 betting is not bad at all. its just that you chose a different route and ill commend you for trying to thinking outside the box.also, i think this hand shows why having a looser image is that much better. with a loose image, you 3 bet here and get called a lot more then with a tight image. i think it was brunson who said, you have to give action to get action. as you get used to 6 max, you will see more of what i mean. good luck in the transition.

OP i disagree with everyone here on this topic, and like the way you played it. Just because you have a big hand preflop does not automatically mean you 3 bet preflop. while i understand the issues that people are saying, the fact that he has such a tight image and thinks the guy will lay down to a 3 preflop bet is a huge factor. that being said, 3 betting is not bad at all. its just that you chose a different route and ill commend you for trying to thinking outside the box.also, i think this hand shows why having a looser image is that much better. with a loose image, you 3 bet here and get called a lot more then with a tight image. i think it was brunson who said, you have to give action to get action. as you get used to 6 max, you will see more of what i mean. good luck in the transition.
I probably 3-bet preflop most times with a loose image, but see the merit in smooth calling as well. If this guys on a constant string of raise, c-bet, take it down, there is a lot to be said in calling with big hands when you're close to calling the action to try to get it in his head that just because you check or call doesn't mean you're weak. If i'm not really sure how a villian will react to a C/R on his c-bet, I'll wait for a fairly big hand to try it out just to see and then depending on his reaction do it more if he seems to respect it and shut down.
Been sitting for about 10 minutes, haven't shown down a hand yet, stole the blinds once or twice, and took down a pot on the flop with a cbet, overrall have a v tight image, villain has been raising a lot of pots
I kind of disagree with this statement. You've been at the table for 10 min, thats what maybe two laps around. In that time you've won possibly 3 hands without showing down a single card. That does not give you a tight image to people who are playing attention. The exact opposite happens, eventually they start "looking you up", simply because you've been winning pots without showing cards. In my opinion you've got the perfect set up to play a big pot here. You've been at the table for 10 min and raised maybe 20% of the hands, assuming you won three pots. No else at the table knows what cards you've had, all they know is that you've been raising a pretty good amount since you sat down. All in all I don't hate smooth calling, but I'm not a huge fan since you probably don't know much/anything about the villians tendancys from 10 min of play with him. Couple that with being out of position, I'd prefer 3 betting it preflop. As played, raise more on the flop. The board is extremely draw heavy and your giving him a really good price to chase any type of draw he might have. Hes actually just about priced in if all he has is a gut shot and a backdoor flush draw, 3.6-1 underdog getting 3.33-1 pot odds. Raising to 20-25, 27 would be a pot sized reraise, really puts the pressure on a draw and gives you an easier call if he happens to push top pair or something of that nature.
I think it depends on what range you are normally 3-betting here. If you're only 3-betting JJ+ and AK, then occaisonally calling here certainly has it's merits, since 3-betting gives away the strength of your hand. Also, I'd prefer to be in position after the flop if I flat call, since it's so hard sometimes to get the max value from your hand out of position, even with a hand as strong as a pair of kings. At least it is for me. I'd prefer to 3-bet to get that extra bet in preflop.
I dont disagree with cold calling QQ-AA to raises in certain situations but his isn't one of them. That's because:1.) We don't have position on raiser.2.) His hand range is huge so we have no idea if certain kinds of flops are good or bad.3.) He has an advantage because his hand probably isn't very strong therefore he isn't attached to his hand so much. If he doesn't hit a favorable flop then he can get away rather cheaply. OP on other hand has a monster and is going to be sticking with his hand on most non ace flops come hell or high water.4.) We don't have position on raiser.I guess if villian was super LAGtardo and a "TP all the way" kinda guy then I might call here but usually a 3 bet is good in this situation.