~~**official 2012/13 Ufa/rfa/trade Talk**~~

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent points Adam. I really agree with your take on Luongo, he reputation is so much worse then his actual play.I dont get why Vanoucver would be a good place, or why they would be so eager to sig

All I know is I'm going to be a very happy Ryan Ellis owner if Suter and Weber both ship out of town.

That could be a good line for the total NHL points on the season by everyone traded today.

Anything over 6 years ?
How many of those have there really been? I can only think of DiPietro, Luongo, Bryzgalov and now Quick. Say what you want about Luongo but he's gotten the Canucks into the playoffs every year and the only controversy about him is due to the fact that Schneider is so good. Bryzgalov is a good goalie playing behind an offensive-minded defense, get him some help and he's fine. DiPietro's deal is horrible aside from the fact that it helps the Islanders get to the cap floor every year. I think Quick's deal will be fine, he's a great goalie and he's young, no reason to think he can't play until he's 36. Lundqvist's six year deal has worked out perfectly for the Rangers. Kiprusoff's six year deal has worked out fine for the Flames. Fleury has a seven year deal with the Pens I guess, and that's fine, he's an elite goalie when his head is in the game and he's gotten the Pens to the playoffs every year. I think Pekka Rinne's seven year deal is going to work out fine for all parties, he's a phenomenal goalie and they were right to lock him up.
So the Sens had been in the mix for Nash. Anyone think they target Ryan if they don't land Nash? Should cost them less.
Whoever ends up with Nash will be regretting it for many years.

Speculation is both Schultz and Garrison want to sign in Vancouver. Can they make both work? You have Edler, Beiksa and Hamuis as your top 3. Would probably need to dump Ballard any maybe go with Tanev as your 6th D. I think Schultz is a better option as he is younger and cheaper.

Excellent points Adam. I really agree with your take on Luongo, he reputation is so much worse then his actual play.I dont get why Vanoucver would be a good place, or why they would be so eager to sign Schultz. If its true he wants a top 4 role, do they really want to be stuck with a rookie getting this many minutes on a team that is a Cup contender, and is going with a goalie who will be a full time 60gp starter for the first time in his NHL career? Any team should want him, but Van seems like a strange fit. To me, Leafs+Oilers+Sens makes lots of sense. And Rangers, where he will end up.Brodeur throws the weekend for a loop. Didnt see that coming. Could he come to Toronto? How messed up would that be. I hope Tampa doesnt do something crazy and go for him, I like Lindback.Im looking forward to Sunday morning.

• Like 1
So here's what I'm thinking:Parise to Pitt.Suter to Detroit.Schultz to Van.Semin to Colorado.Parenteau to Ottawa.Garrison to Edmonton.Radulov to NYR.
Those are all reasonable.I have a feeling Radulov ends up back in the KHL
I think Parise to Pit is rather possible, but the Pens would benefit from Suter a lot more. He seems super likely to end up in Detroit, though.
Yea I see it that way too. Detroit needs him and will offer him the best deal and it will be not too hard of a change on him.

No surprise here.Jim Rutherford@HurricanesGMI'm very pleased we'll be announcing shortly that Jordan Staal has committed to make his home in Carolina for a long time.Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzieJordan Staal agrees to terms with CAR. 10 years, $60M. Done.

Darren Dreger@DarrenDregerRyan Smyth agrees to 2 year deal with Oilers. $2.25 per year.Jonathan Willis@JonathanWillisHell of a deal for the #Oilers. Huge win.