I Have Some Remarks On A Random Movie Thread

I watched 'Gerry' on netflix the other day.I remember seeing a preview for it or reading something online about that a few years ago and saying, "Casey Affleck and Matt Damon! I should check that out at some point in the not near future." Well I just did, and I guess I have mixed feelings.It's one of those 'I struggle whilst watching it because it drags at times and overall people might say it is a boring, but my reflections on it as a whole are quite good' movies.The conversation about the game (

Civilization maybe?

probably a made up game) and how he could only get 11 out of 12 horses needed to protect a city was a nice forshadow of the ending. I enjoyed their 'Wheel of Fortune and barreying down the road' converstion and how it related to their stupidity getting lost. I mean, c'mon! Walking farther away from where they started was so stupid. The 'higher ground' idea was good in principle. But, when you compare it to the practical 'we're only a few minutes away from the trail' thought, it's quite stupid. They sure 'Gerryed' that. Quite a few of the scenes where they were just walking for 5-10 minutes straight were quite boring. I found the very last one of these scenes quite draining. All that said, it was a very pretty film. The visuals of mountains, landscape and clouds were quite awesome.So overall it was enjoyable because all of the dialogue was good (not difficult considering there's probably 15 minutes of it total), the visuals were great, and while it does drag in quite a few places, it allows the setting to shine. It wouldn't work if you cut down those scenes so they're necessary.Ok. sorry for that. talk about some other random movie and I'll pretend I read it just like you pretended with this post and we'll keep talking to ourselves.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I watched 'Basketball Diaries' the other day and I thought it was quite horrible.They had this terrible scenes where they played music over some action and each one was progressively worse than the previous. It was a combination of 'this scene sucks so lets play music over it to make it better' and 'this song is cool lets put it in the movie' except the songs didn't fit at all into the movie.It was based on a true story though. They should've sticked to how it happened in real life.The only good part was that there was a Ghostbuster.What an awful movie.

I watched the Bourne Identity because everybody says I would love it because I love 24. It was very good, but I didn't love it. And, although I know most people will disagree with me, partially just to piss me off, Jack would kick Jason's ass to China and back. The only thing about the movie that pissed me off was this: I know 24 has moments that are impossible, but those moments are actually possible just one man could not do them. Towards the end of Bourne Identity, Jason pushed a big guy off of what looked like 10 stories and fell on top of him and just bounced off him when they hit the ground. Umm...I don't think even Jack would have survived that (although in retrospect, he probably would have).

It's sad to me that so few people have even heard of, let alone seen, The Hudsucker Proxy. It's pretty incredible.

I know that's a coen brothers movie. I haven't seen it though.I plan to put a bunch of coen brothers movies that I haven't seen at the top of my netflix queueI see bobby there lurking. I've been planning to add Ass of Jess James to my queue too. Your post in the other thread reminded me

Since the beginning of time 'twas written in the stones that one day a band would come. Well that band has come, and now they're here to cum again in your ear pussies.This line and the rest of the first 50ish minutes of Pick of Destiny make it worth watching.This 'random' thread is right up my alley. I don't ever expect anyone to respond to my nonsense and now because of this thread, I don't have to hate myself a little bit more after every post. THANK YOU runthemover!

I watched the Bourne Identity because everybody says I would love it because I love 24. It was very good, but I didn't love it. And, although I know most people will disagree with me, partially just to piss me off, Jack would kick Jason's ass to China and back. The only thing about the movie that pissed me off was this: I know 24 has moments that are impossible, but those moments are actually possible just one man could not do them. Towards the end of Bourne Identity, Jason pushed a big guy off of what looked like 10 stories and fell on top of him and just bounced off him when they hit the ground. Umm...I don't think even Jack would have survived that (although in retrospect, he probably would have).
See the rest of the trilogyAlthough everything is impossible, its very entertainingOr @ least i really liked it

Street Kings.where Keanu Reeves is a bad cop turned good, Hugh Laurie is an insurance salesman turned Internal Affairs Captain, Forrest Whitaker and Jay Mohr are the moustache wearing cops, Chris Evans (flamer from Fantastic Four) is a detective who wears sneakers with a suit, and Cedric the Entertainer is a heroin addict who shows no signs of being an addict except Keanu's character saying that he is one because of how his eyes looked.I was disappointed because this movie wasn't comically bad.they bring out all the cop clichesapparently it was the same guy who did training day (except shittier). that was noticeable. definitely had the same feel in quite a few places.

• 4 weeks later...

So I just finished 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead' and jeez. I wonder what PSH does to people who screw up their lines.A 'cute' australian movie that you can watch with a chick is 'The Rage in Placid Lake'. The best part was the picture he based his haircut off.I'm not sure which is weirder. 'Barton Fink' or 'The Hudsucker Proxy'.

So I just finished 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead' and jeez. I wonder what PSH does to people who screw up their lines.A 'cute' australian movie that you can watch with a chick is 'The Rage in Placid Lake'. The best part was the picture he based his haircut off.I'm not sure which is weirder. 'Barton Fink' or 'The Hudsucker Proxy'.
I almost bumped this thread the other day, but I keep using the less cool "What movie have you last seen" thread. I'll start using this one again.

The Hudsucker Proxy needs much, much, much more love. Quite possible the most underrated movie of all time. This movie should be considered a classic, and it's virtually ignored.

The Hudsucker Proxy needs much, much, much more love. Quite possible the most underrated movie of all time. This movie should be considered a classic, and it's virtually ignored.
I don't disagree with this.
See the rest of the trilogyAlthough everything is impossible, its very entertainingOr @ least i really liked it
Meh...didn't like the rest of the trilogy.I just watched the Kingdom with Jamie Foxx. That was pretty good.
Both are awesome. And don't miss Miller's Crossing.
I won't. I decided to add a bunch of Coen Brothers movies (that I hadn't seen) to my Netflix
I almost bumped this thread the other day, but I keep using the less cool "What movie have you last seen" thread. I'll start using this one again.
This one is much cooler. Spoilers and random remarks and all. Also it was made before that other one.
Since the beginning of time 'twas written in the stones that one day a band would come. Well that band has come, and now they're here to cum again in your ear pussies.This line and the rest of the first 50ish minutes of Pick of Destiny make it worth watching.This 'random' thread is right up my alley. I don't ever expect anyone to respond to my nonsense and now because of this thread, I don't have to hate myself a little bit more after every post. THANK YOU runthemover!
The song when Jack first meets KG is incredible.
The song when Jack first meets KG is incredible.
Yes. Also the first song they sing at their first gig is really really good.
vanilla sky is a good movie, highly underrated.
I agree with this.
penelope cruz's boobies
I heard that in the movie, Vicky Cristina Barcelone, that she has an extremely hot sex scene with Scarlet Johanson and that her boobs are perfect.