• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-I still don't understand why USC gets all the credit they get, with their bad loss and no real exciting wins. Beating Notre Dame hasn't constituted a big win in 10 years.
Well, they also beat OSU who was #8 at the time, but yeah.
Well, they also beat OSU who was #8 at the time, but yeah.
Sure.. but if you put the same players with the same results and same stats, same margins of victory and so on in Arizona jerseys, without the reputation, they'd be #15 at best in the polls. It's silly.
There must be a mistake.. I didn't see Georgia in either poll?
lol who mentioned UGA? Who doesn't know we suck this year? lol at ruffling Big 10 feathers.
lol who mentioned UGA? Who doesn't know we suck this year? lol at ruffling Big 10 feathers.
Heh.. don't really bother me. I think it's pretty clear that the Big Ten is the 3rd best conference and neither the Big 12 or the SEC are as good as they were last year. UGA is pretty awful though.
These are just the projections as the actual rankings don't come out 'til later.. but they're typically pretty accurate. I'll repost when the actual standings with the points come out.. 1. Florida2. Alabama3. Texas4. Boise State5. USC 6. Iowa7. LSU8. Cincinnati9. TCU10. Miami (Fla.)11. Oregon12. Georgia Tech13. Virginia Tech14. Penn State15. Oklahoma State.
1. Florida2. Alabama3. Texas4. Boise State5. Cincinnati5th not 8th for Cinn, interesting.

Really falls off after #9, so it looks like, if nothing absolutely insane happens, you have approximately 9 teams that could play for the BCS NC. As a fan.. -Iowa will pass Cinci if they both keep winning, which makes me very, very happy. -Iowa will not be passed by USC if they both keep winning, which makes me very, very happy. -Iowa will probably pass Boise State if they both keep winning. -Iowa will probably not leapfrog a 1-loss 'Bama or UF team, unless they get beat rather soundly; 21-0, 28-0 type score. -Iowa could get to the NC game by winning out, Texas losing in the Big 12 Championship game(or before, maybe..), and UF/'Bama getting beat soundly. I do wonder what would/will happen if the SEC Championship game is 'Bama/UF and it's a very close game.. Rematch in the NC? Booooring. I know none of you care about that, but I do.

if bama and florida go undefeated and meet in the SEC champ, well, then thats the real natty champ game........clearly the best two teams in the country right now......but things can change, as we all know

if bama and florida go undefeated and meet in the SEC champ, well, then thats the real natty champ game........clearly the best two teams in the country right now......but things can change, as we all know
I agree a lot more about Bama than about Florida.
Really falls off after #9, so it looks like, if nothing absolutely insane happens, you have approximately 9 teams that could play for the BCS NC. As a fan.. -Iowa will pass Cinci if they both keep winning, which makes me very, very happy. -Iowa will not be passed by USC if they both keep winning, which makes me very, very happy. -Iowa will probably pass Boise State if they both keep winning. -Iowa will probably not leapfrog a 1-loss 'Bama or UF team, unless they get beat rather soundly; 21-0, 28-0 type score. -Iowa could get to the NC game by winning out, Texas losing in the Big 12 Championship game(or before, maybe..), and UF/'Bama getting beat soundly. I do wonder what would/will happen if the SEC Championship game is 'Bama/UF and it's a very close game.. Rematch in the NC? Booooring. I know none of you care about that, but I do.
I promise the BCS game won't rematch the SEC championship. Promise.
I agree a lot more about Bama than about Florida.
yup. Florida's offense has not been really impressive at all. I wasn't surprised by Arkansas racking up some points on them either. Arkansas has a pretty damn good offense.Bama, is pretty damn good all around. I think Ingram may be the best RB in the country, he is just nasty and never goes down at first contact.
yup. Florida's offense has not been really impressive at all. I wasn't surprised by Arkansas racking up some points on them either. Arkansas has a pretty damn good offense.Bama, is pretty damn good all around. I think Ingram may be the best RB in the country, he is just nasty and never goes down at first contact.
He is very Shonn Greene-esque.

I agree about our offense. The playcalling is atrocious. We run the same stupid RB draw up the middle 100 times/ game and it gains nothing. Tebow was holding the ball way too long againsst Arkansas which is why he had 6 sacks and the fumble. They need to get the passing game in order. As for the defense, we had one play where we blew coverage for the long td, other then that they played pretty pretty well.

This week's polls.. Not much change in the Coaches Poll.. Penn State's up to #10, Notre Dame and Ole Miss back in the Top 25.. Florida retakes #1 in the AP, but not by a whole hell of a lot.. BCS doesn't come out until later and there likely won't be much change.. Iowa might slide ahead of Cinci based on SOS, but that's about it. And we'll have your weekly awful AP voter update.

And your Awful AP Voter of the Week is... Jon Wilner from the San Jose Mercury News. Has Ohio State at #23, Penn State at #22, Notre Dame at #20, South Carolina at #16, Miami at #13(!!!), Virginia Tech at #11, Iowa at #10 while Oregon sits at #9. ..and his top five is just brain dead. 1. Alabama 2. USC3. Florida4. Texas5. Georgia Tech ...What?! About the only spot I agree with him is having Arizona a bit higher than the rest of the Pollsters. Wildcats have a good ball club.
Iowa should definitely be happy that State won this week and has a 5-2 record. That's isn't hurting their strength of schedule at all.