After watching the movie I decided that I wanted to do my part, despite the fact that I felt a little hopeless and powerless. The U.S. government needs to step in and make this a priority. They have to stop lying to the American people about the state of the world. They have to stop harassing scientists into lying about what they see for our future........I have a blog, so the first thing I wanted to do is share this with anyone who hasn't seen the movie. To possibly encourage anyone who reads this to think about what they could do to help.I'm planning on taking major steps in my surroundings to help me a part of the solution instead of the problem. The first thing I'm going to get rid of my cars, both the Toyota Tundra that I won at the WSOP in 2005, and the Lexus SC 430 that I've had for a while. Instead, I'm going to look into purchasing a hybrid car for me and my wife.Now, I realize that not everybody can do that, but ......
If people would just buy those simple funny-looking lightbulbs, the one's that fit in any lamp and look like springs, and replace even two lightbulbs in the house, it would make a significant difference. OF COURSE we are causing it, media bulshi* notwithstanding, there is a not a single qualified scientist familiar with the issue that disagrees. The DVD is a shameless commerrcial for Gore, but fiull of very good information. But then, we all knoew this a decade ago, no one would listen. Just go turn off a light, save some money on your electric bill. In this case, doing te right thing=doing what makes the most sense for you. Such a deal!