When Do We Stop Raising?

CryptologicLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$45 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :D :D UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.Flop: :D:) :) (3.5SB, 3 players)BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB folds, CO calls.Turn: :club: (2.75BB, 2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO calls.River: :D (4.75BB, 2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero...Villain is 38/6/0.6 after only 35 hands. Crypto, so players are generally decent and nitty. Also, no maximum number of raises heads-up. Huge hand here, only losing to 33 and a straight flush. are people putting in just a couple raises, willing to put in 6-8, or just going until he stops?

I would probably 5-bet, and call a 6th, but I'd strongly consider 7-betting and calling the 8. The thing with the no-cap HU thing, is that people tend to stop at 4 bets when they have a reasonable hand a lot of the time, at least in my experience, just because they're used to a cap being there. I'm not too sure what would be putting in so many bets here that we beat. Naked A stops, naked 6 stops, 67 stops, flush stops, 53, 43 and 32 are unlikely. 22 and 44 are possible, and pretty much the only hands he'd open limp with that we're ahead of, that would be willing to go more than 4 on the river. A4d is possible, 46d is a lot less likely.I also think you should raise preflop.

CryptologicLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$45 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :D :D UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.Flop: :D:) :) (3.5SB, 3 players)BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB folds, CO calls.Turn: :club: (2.75BB, 2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO calls.River: :D (4.75BB, 2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero...Villain is 38/6/0.6 after only 35 hands. Crypto, so players are generally decent and nitty. Also, no maximum number of raises heads-up. Huge hand here, only losing to 33 and a straight flush. are people putting in just a couple raises, willing to put in 6-8, or just going until he stops?
if one player has top pair on the 4 high board wouldn't they raise your bet? or are they that nitty? would they slowplay a quad on the flop?
I also think you should raise preflop.
I agree. I've only been playing ~3000 hands per week, so I'm willing to make those kind of mistakes to save myself from tough decisions. I'm in the process of planning a big LA/SD/Vegas trip for July though, so trying to get a ton of hands in this month. Hopefully I'll get off my *** and post lots of decisions like that, because I think I'm making a ton of overly passive preflop mistakes.

Preflop has to be a raise.Allowing the blinds in for free with random overcards could be a disaster.Because we are not playing our 5's for set value here.I make it 7 bets on the river. Because I think Villain could put in 6 bets with 43 or 32.Since he may think we would put in 5 with the Flush.--CM

Preflop has to be a raise.Allowing the blinds in for free with random overcards could be a disaster.Because we are not playing our 5's for set value here.I make it 7 bets on the river. Because I think Villain could put in 6 bets with 43 or 32.Since he may think we would put in 5 with the Flush.--CM
Sure he puts in 6 bets with 43 or 32, but he limped from CO... I'd be extraordinarily suprised if he had these hands.The only hands that make any sort of sense are 22 or 44, that we beat. Crypto is generally weak-tight preflop. I'd say this is 34 or 32 like 1% of the time.
Who would ever c/c that turn HU with trips/boat/quads?You're looking at 56, a flush or the 6d4d/Ad4d here. You only lose to the 6d4d/Ad4d. Having said that, I would likely go 5 and call the 6th.EDIT: Why wouldn't he bet the flop with A4/64 though? Screw it, I go 7 and call the 8th.