I would call myself an extremely experienced NL Hold Em player. That being said, I have rarely played Omaha and when i do, i usually dont play long. I have some general questions for those of you that do play omaha1.) When did you start? What game did you learn first?2.) How do the odds change?3.) Why play omaha rather then NL Hold Em?4.) Any good books for Omaha?5.) Does NL strategy apply at all to Omaha?I want to eventually learn how to play this game good, but i want to gather some info first. Feel free to write anything extra too that doesnt apply to those questions.Strong 9 out

I would call myself an extremely experienced NL Hold Em player. That being said, I have rarely played Omaha and when i do, i usually dont play long. I have some general questions for those of you that do play omaha1.) When did you start? What game did you learn first?2.) How do the odds change?3.) Why play omaha rather then NL Hold Em?4.) Any good books for Omaha?5.) Does NL strategy apply at all to Omaha?I want to eventually learn how to play this game good, but i want to gather some info first. Feel free to write anything extra too that doesnt apply to those questions.Strong 9 out
1) I started with limit Hold'em like 1.5 year ago. I have been playing Omaha for 9 months or so i guess.2)You are very very rarely a huge favourite in Omaha. Preflop , flop , turn doesn't matter. Most of the time you will get your money in as a %60 fav or %45 fav in a 3 way pot. And you will be happy about it. Sometimes you will get your money in on flop with cold stone nuts just to see you are a good underdog. That's why it is so frustratingly swingy. You can play very laggy and still be profitable cus you are never a huge underdog even against aces.3) Because NLHE is so boring. It is like watching paint dry. Or as navy says as exciting as watching a baby sleep. You play for hours folding , 3+bb raises , c-bet and taking a 7bb pot.In omaha , there are so many outs and so many draws out there noone really wants to fold. You fold for an hour , finally raise a hand from Co and you will get 5 callers. Because most of the hands seem playable and most of them are.4) I don't know.5) I don't think so. Recently i am working on my c-bets. As in when they work , who they work against. Slowplay is definitely -EV for 2 reasons : Most of the time you are against some serious number of outs and they call anyway.Strong 9 out is when i repot with QQxx on a Q76r flop and my opponent puts me all in with 9877 and hits runner runner flush which happened 5 mins ago.
1) I started with limit Hold'em like 1.5 year ago. I have been playing Omaha for 9 months or so i guess.2)You are very very rarely a huge favourite in Omaha. Preflop , flop , turn doesn't matter. Most of the time you will get your money in as a %60 fav or %45 fav in a 3 way pot. And you will be happy about it. Sometimes you will get your money in on flop with cold stone nuts just to see you are a good underdog. That's why it is so frustratingly swingy. You can play very laggy and still be profitable cus you are never a huge underdog even against aces.3) Because NLHE is so boring. It is like watching paint dry. Or as navy says as exciting as watching a baby sleep. You play for hours folding , 3+bb raises , c-bet and taking a 7bb pot.In omaha , there are so many outs and so many draws out there noone really wants to fold. You fold for an hour , finally raise a hand from Co and you will get 5 callers. Because most of the hands seem playable and most of them are.4) I don't know. Super System II : Bobby Baldwin's PLO section5) I don't think so. Recently i am working on my c-bets. As in when they work , who they work against. Slowplay is definitely -EV for 2 reasons : Most of the time you are against some serious number of outs and they call anyway.Strong 9 out is when i repot with QQxx on a Q76r flop and my opponent puts me all in with 9877 and hits runner runner flush which happened 5 mins ago.

Lyle Berman wrote the PLO section of SS2, Bobby Baldwin and Mark Gregorich collaborated on the O8/b section. Omaha is where the action is right now, bigger pots, and most importantly seemingly very inexperienced players trying to make the transition from NLHE to PLO without making the proper adjustments/adaptations to their mindset and/or decision making process. I would encourage you to get in as many hands as possible, purchase PTO, evaluate tricky/hard to play hands and situations after each session, and learn the equity ranges. Good luck with your foray into PLO.