American Idol And Terrorists

Some of you are just not very good at the whole reading thing, seriously. I said the comparison is absurd, but it helps to make my point. That's just a fact. The comparison to Tony Soprano is also a little strange, but it is also a comparison that makes sense is this particular instance. I'm not saying the people at votefortheworst.com are like mobsters! Some people are so annoying. I wasn't making terrorism a light issue, it isn't. I wasn't claiming that American Idol is as serious or important as terroriism. All I'm saying, and I'm freakin' 100% right btw, is that the goals of terrorists are similar to those of people who like to crap on other people's parade. Similar to people who like to destroy their communities with graffitti. People who like to vandalize community parks, etc. Another example would be these kids who used to rip down the basketball nets at the park I used to play at. They did it so often that the park stopped repairing them because it was costly and these jerks would just do it again. So, we couldn't play basketball at the park anymore. They thought it was funny, sure, but those few jerks ruined things for so many of us kids who liked to play in the park. These jerks at votefortheworst are trying to destroy the competition. Lots of people love the competitiom and want it to reward the people most deserving, but this group is deliberately trying to rip down the basketball nets and spoil everyone's fun becase they think it's funny. Screw them. Seriously, screw those hateful people.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are just not very good at the whole reading thing, seriously. I said the comparison is absurd, but it helps to make my point. That's just a fact. The comparison to Tony Soprano is also a little strange, but it is also a comparison that makes sense is this particular instance. I'm not saying the people at votefortheworst.com are like mobsters! Some people are so annoying. I wasn't making terrorism a light issue, it isn't. I wasn't claiming that American Idol is as serious or important as terroriism. All I'm saying, and I'm freakin' 100% right btw, is that the goals of terrorists are similar to those of people who like to crap on other people's parade. Similar to people who like to destroy their communities with graffitti. People who like to vandalize community parks, etc. Another example would be these kids who used to rip down the basketball nets at the park I used to play at. They did it so often that the park stopped repairing them because it was costly and these jerks would just do it again. So, we couldn't play basketball at the park anymore. They thought it was funny, sure, but those few jerks ruined things for so many of us kids who liked to play in the park. These jerks at votefortheworst are trying to destroy the competition. Lots of people love the competitiom and want it to reward the people most deserving, but this group is deliberately trying to rip down the basketball nets and spoil everyone's fun becase they think it's funny. Screw them. Seriously, screw those hateful people.
Word!
Watch your mouth , I thought you were a christian lol JK
Watch your mouth , I thought you were a christian jk lol

Please, there are thousands of Americans that for whatever reason are voting for Sanjaya for legitimate, non mean spirited reasons. Votefortheworst is only a small fraction of those votes. If the kid was such a victim he could have left a long time ago of his own will(as many have done in previous seasons). If anything the people voting for him are making him money, he is now a part of the tour and will be payed for that.The show is AMERICAN Idol, America keeps putting Sanjaya through. While it may be a comment on our current society, this is what the show is all about. One little website isn't controlling this. AMERICA is. You are really making Sanjya into way a bigger victim than he is, the kid seems to be having a blast to me. And if you think American Idol was EVER a legitimate talent competition in the first place you need to turn the blinders off.Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure graffiti, vandalism, terrorism etc. are all against the law. Voting for Sanjaya? Not the last time I looked. You are injecting to much drama into this Daniel IMO.

Please, there are thousands of Americans that for whatever reason are voting for Sanjaya for legitimate, non mean spirited reasons. Votefortheworst is only a small fraction of those votes. If the kid was such a victim he could have left a long time ago of his own will(as many have done in previous seasons). If anything the people voting for him are making him money, he is now a part of the tour and will be payed for that.The show is AMERICAN Idol, America keeps putting Sanjaya through. While it may be a comment on our current society, this is what the show is all about. One little website isn't controlling this. AMERICA is. You are really making Sanjya into way a bigger victim than he is, the kid seems to be having a blast to me. And if you think American Idol was EVER a legitimate talent competition in the first place you need to turn the blinders off.Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure graffiti, vandalism, terrorism etc. are all against the law. Voting for Sanjaya? Not the last time I looked. You are injecting to much drama into this Daniel IMO.
It's not only the website. Ever here of some disc jockey named Howard Stern... Ya, that overpaid nit is also promoting this voting. So, ya America is doing the voting, but who are they listening to while they dial those numbers.

Seriously...we are all still missing the big picture here. No matter what Daniel thinks, no matter what you think, the most important thing still is and always will be the fact that American Idol is extremely....GAY!! :club:

I said the comparison is absurd, but it helps to make my point. That's just a fact
That's not a fact Daniel, it's your opinion. Using the terrorist comparison DOESN'T HELP make your point. In fact, it destroyed your credibility.
That's not a fact Daniel, it's your opinion. Using the terrorist comparison DOESN'T HELP make your point. In fact, it destroyed your credibility.
what he said may be his opinion, but it is fact that he said it

I think that Daniel and a lot of people are missing the point. American Idol became popular because America gets to pick who ever they want. If they want to pick someone they think is bad or someone they think is funny they can.If the best people are supposed to win, whats the point of having America vote...by the way is having Sanjaya be the American Idol any different than the country voting for a buffoon for President?The same voting public voted for George Bush for president..How did that work out for you???Its the american way, freedom of speech and a democratic voting process. The people that are voting for Sanjaya are just exercising their right to vote.I am not American , however my wife is so I can say this......How bad is it that a reality tv show gets more voters than a presidential election???

Actually, it's just your opinion.
It's not only the website. Ever here of some disc jockey named Howard Stern... Ya, that overpaid nit is also promoting this voting. So, ya America is doing the voting, but who are they listening to while they dial those numbers.
It doesn't matter. My point is that whether it be votefortheworst people, Stern listeners, or people who actually like Sanjaya the point of the show is that it is left in OUR hands to decide who stays and who goes. If Sanjaya for whatever reason has garnered enough votes to stick around, then pee and moan all you want but it's perfectly within the rules of the competition. You can whine that's its ruining your enjoyment until you're blue in the face, there's nothing you can do about it.And to equate it with illegal, violent acts that legitimately destroy communities is absurd. IT's a REALITY TV SHOW aka shouldn't be that important at the end of the day. You people who are ready to blow a gasket over this are nuts, are you THAT emotionally involved?
I think that Daniel and a lot of people are missing the point. American Idol became popular because America gets to pick who ever they want. If they want to pick someone they think is bad or someone they think is funny they can.If the best people are supposed to win, whats the point of having America vote...by the way is having Sanjaya be the American Idol any different than the country voting for a buffoon for President?The same voting public voted for George Bush for president..How did that work out for you???Its the american way, freedom of speech and a democratic voting process. The people that are voting for Sanjaya are just exercising their right to vote.I am not American , however my wife is so I can say this......How bad is it that a reality tv show gets more voters than a presidential election???
See how serge is trying to get me to get into a political argument here.Not going to do itI'm not
See what coming?
I dont like to get into a political argument...I was just saying that if I want to vote for Sanjaya i am allowed to....Its my right...Just as it is an American's right to vote for a bad president....Now you may think George Bush is doing a great job, however the fact of the matter is the American public would not vote for him again...
I dont like to get into a political argument...I was just saying that if I want to vote for Sanjaya i am allowed to....Its my right...Just as it is an American's right to vote for a bad president....Now you may think George Bush is doing a great job, however the fact of the matter is the American public would not vote for him again...
Still not going to argue politicsnot going to do itwouldn't be prudent
Sanjaya is a victim in the worst possible way... he doesn't even know, or realize the pain he is going to have to endure. The Brittany Spears like suffering that many people under the microscope are faced to deal with. As a 17 year old boy he is going to have to deal with so much ridicule that it's virtually impossible for anyone to handle. Unless you've lived in a fish bowl for any length of time it would be hard for you to understand what that can do to you. Yes he'll make some money from this, but at what cost? There is more to life than money and 15 minutes of fame.