Runner Runner Quads. $1/2 Cash - Live Table

Mostly looking to see if I played the turn right and if I could have possibly bet more on the river.Button($75)SB($35)BB($45)MP($25)LP-Hero ($70)CO-Villain($55)Hero Kd 10cEveryone limps for $2Flop ($12): Kh Qs 9cSB, BB, MP checks. Hero bets $5. Villain calls $5. SB, BB, MP folds.Turn ($22): KsHero checks. Villain bets $5. Hero calls $5.River ($32): KcHero bets $14. Villain calls $14.I realize I probably could have bet around $22 or so on the river and probably could have bet more on the flop as well. But for this type of cash game you can't go crazy with it as you all can see that it's pretty tame. So keep that in mind with this post. Everyone at this cash game is pretty mild.

Hoping he'd think I missed a draw. Like if I had AT.
A gut straight draw is not your opponents concern in this hand, he is worried about made ands on a scary board. If your going to check the turn you need to c/r. But I don't really like that play on that board.Anyways, your line on this hand should be: bet $8 on flop, $20 on turn, shove AI river.

Ok. So it's better to represent the best hand in this situation then? I felt if I had check raised the turn that he would have folded. It's not too often I play four of a kind on a board like this. Hence why I made this post. I appreciate the feedback.

Ok. So it's better to represent the best hand in this situation then? I felt if I had check raised the turn that he would have folded. It's not too often I play four of a kind on a board like this. Hence why I made this post. I appreciate the feedback.
Which is why you shouldn't concern yourself too much with this hand. Working on marginal situations that come up more frequently will ultimately make you more money. That said, without a read telling me to do otherwise, I am just going to bet every street. No point getting tricky when we have no reason to.
bet more everywhere.what's with the tiny stacks?
It's typically a friendly game and the same people every week. No one gets super crazy and has huge pots every hand. I usually buy in for $40 and go at it. I walked away with $160, so.Also, stop being so concerned with the stacks. It's not what I'm looking for in this post.
It's typically a friendly game and the same people every week. No one gets super crazy and has huge pots every hand. I usually buy in for $40 and go at it. I walked away with $160, so.Also, stop being so concerned with the stacks. It's not what I'm looking for in this post.
Umm, if you're playing NL then you should be concerned with stacks since it governs how the hand plays out.Since the CO only has 27BBs, it means that you probably played the hand very poorly if he had any kind of hand and you failed to stack him.

Yeah flop bet i think should have been a bit bigger. You want to find out right away if your TP just ran into 2P,set or some type of monster in a multi-way limped pot. A smallish half-pot bet just doesnt really does do anything except fold out air. Draws will call your small bet. Weaker pairs will call your small bet. Stronger pairs will call your small bet. So unless you have some type of physical tell on your opponents, which would justify a small bet on the flop because it would illicit some type of reaction from them, narrowing down their range further, you gotta fire a little harder.Turn, I probably would have bet something smaller so that we wouldnt have gotten a queen or 9 to fold from fear of us having trips.River, shove automatically. They're definitly not folding a queen. If they're bad enough, you proabbly would be able to stack them if they held a 9 as well. Just hope that they usual "he cant have quads, the probability of him holding quads is just so small from a statistical standpoint" thought line goes through their head as you push all in.

This whole thread is one giant contradiction. You're asking us, "how can I get more value out of my hands?" but you're unwilling to bet hard because you are playing with your friends. If you want to get more value out of your hand, bet it harder.Regardless of who you are playing against you should be playing your absolute best.

Lol.20 BB stacks, but the guy wants strategy with Quads. Here's some strategy: put the guy all the **** in at some point.If you're not playing at least 100bb deep, then there is almost never any strategy to post.