28 replies to this topic

#1 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,619 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:28 AM

Corvo and Eaves for Stillman and Commodore.

#2 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,674 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:29 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Monday, February 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

Corvo and Eaves for Stillman and Commodore.
Ottawa win...
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#3 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 50,001 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

Interesting trade...Probably work out for both team...Carolina trades two UFAs ..Maybe the price for Sundin has gone up now..
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#4 pezeveng

pezeveng

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

surprised Emery not involved, or is this just getting the ball rolling.

#5 serge

serge

• Members
  • 50,001 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

This might start the dominos rolling...Sundin to Senators rumour now dead hopefully...Carolina probably dropping out of playoff picture.

#6 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

carolina needs a puck moving d man and they'll get that in corvo, though they'll miss the toughness and defensive ability of commodore - ottawa picks up a cup winning d man and a guy who went to the finals with calgary too i think, so having someone on the back end who knows what it takes to win it all will be a great addition.eaves seems to be a good youngster with definite top 6 upside, may well end up having a similar career to stillman if he can avoid injuries. in stillman ottawa picks up another cup winner. seems like the are really keen to get experienced winners on this team this year, maybe a concerted effort by the management to bring in a cup winning mentality.
<!--quoteo(post=3293053:date=Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12&#58;43 PM:name=Untilted)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Untilted &#064; Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12&#58;43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3293053"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Weight loss bet:

#7 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

<--- stunned.

View Postrinswun, on Monday, February 11th, 2008, 2:45 PM, said:

carolina needs a puck moving d man and they'll get that in corvo, though they'll miss the toughness and defensive ability of commodore - ottawa picks up a cup winning d man and a guy who went to the finals with calgary too i think, so having someone on the back end who knows what it takes to win it all will be a great addition.
I like this from a long and short term. In the short term we get a defensive d-man, in the long run it clears the decks somewhat for Redden to come back (at a discount hopefully).

View Postrinswun, on Monday, February 11th, 2008, 2:45 PM, said:

eaves seems to be a good youngster with definite top 6 upside, may well end up having a similar career to stillman if he can avoid injuries. in stillman ottawa picks up another cup winner. seems like the are really keen to get experienced winners on this team this year, maybe a concerted effort by the management to bring in a cup winning mentality.
I like Eaves, have him on my FCHL team, has a bunch of upside but the % chance of him realizing it really has dropped over the last year or so.
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#TradeMelnykNotKarlsson #MelnykOut

#8 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,882 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

Interesting.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#9 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,619 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

This really is a great hockey trade. I love moves llike these, where you can see the stratedgies employed by both GM's.Ottawa- Easy. Great move for them, no brainer. They have the talent to play for the Cup, and they just addressed 2 glaring needs (toughness on D, secondary scoring) without really taking anything of major signifigance off their roster. A great move, this should help them if Stillman gets back to his early season success (has been ice cold last couple of months, and hardly noticable in their games) and Commodore should be able to play his real game in Ottawa (defence first, in Raleigh he was rushing with the puck and pinching at some of the worst times). Ottawa fans should be delighted today.Carolina- At first glance, easy to say they gave up more talent. But both are UFA's, and the return was something the Canes were sorely lacking.....a puck moving D and a young fwd with upside. Corvo is something this team has needed for some time, and will make up the difference in scoring we lose with Stillman and is still relatively young. If Eaves can put his injury issues aside, maybe he becomes a top 6 player. I really don't think Carolina is as bad off this year as some may believe now. But truth is, losing JuWilliams killed this team and too often this year they play a very inconsistent style, so this won't be the reason they dont make the playoffs, if they do not. As a fan, I like the move for the Canes. And my hope? That we resign Stillman in the summer, at a home team discount. I think he wanted to resign in Carolina, but this gave him a chance to win. Watch for a return!

#10 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,766 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Monday, February 11th, 2008, 2:56 PM, said:

This really is a great hockey trade. I love moves llike these, where you can see the stratedgies employed by both GM's.
I concur.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#11 SilverSeven

SilverSeven

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live Multi Table Tournament No Limit Hold'Em

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:38 PM

WOOOOOOT :club:
QUOTE(serge @ Monday, February 11th, 2008, 3:49 PM) View Post
If the Ottawa Senators win the Cup:

- I will donate $200 to the Daniel Alfredsson clown academy
- I will not watch hockey for a a period of 12 months
- I will wear a Senators jersey and say I am a Senators fan while walking up and down Yonge Street
- I will praise the city of Ottawa and their fine hockey team for a period of 1 year
- I will acknowledge that hell has finally frozen over
- I will cancel LeafsTV and NHL Centre Ice Package
- I will also give my fantasy team for a total of one year to an associate

#12 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,992 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:38 PM

I don't see any way that Ottawa doesn't win the Cup this year, unless they trade Emery and Gerber completely falls apart again. Great trade for both teams. I'm looking forward to seeing what Patrick Eaves can do with a scoring line role.

#13 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,766 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

View Postajs510, on Monday, February 11th, 2008, 3:38 PM, said:

I don't see any way that Ottawa doesn't win the Cup this year, unless they trade Emery and Gerber completely falls apart again. Great trade for both teams. I'm looking forward to seeing what Patrick Eaves can do with a scoring line role.
Ottawa definitely has the team to win it all but it's a long haul and teams have a tendency to get beat up along the way. Teams facing Ottawa in the playoffs will already know that they need to take the body if they're going to stand a chance against Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson and Co. All three of these guys have had injuries throughout the season and a couple of tough, hard-hitting series' can do some damage to their chances.Their goaltending could also be an achilles heal. Both goalies seem a little Jekyl/Hyde to me.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#14 serge

serge

• Members
  • 50,001 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

If the Ottawa Senators win the Cup:- I will donate $200 to the Daniel Alfredsson clown academy- I will not watch hockey for a a period of 12 months- I will wear a Senators jersey and say I am a Senators fan while walking up and down Yonge Street- I will praise the city of Ottawa and their fine hockey team for a period of 1 yearAlso I will acknowledge that hell has finally frozen over...

#15 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,992 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

View Postserge, on Monday, February 11th, 2008, 3:49 PM, said:

If the Ottawa Senators win the Cup:- I will donate $200 to the Daniel Alfredsson clown academy- I will not watch hockey for a a period of 12 months- I will wear a Senators jersey and say I am a Senators fan while walking up and down Yonge Street- I will praise the city of Ottawa and their fine hockey team for a period of 1 yearAlso I will acknowledge that hell has finally frozen over...
Quoted for posterity.

#16 SilverSeven

SilverSeven

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live Multi Table Tournament No Limit Hold'Em

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

Oh. Yeah.My new sig.
QUOTE(serge @ Monday, February 11th, 2008, 3:49 PM) View Post
If the Ottawa Senators win the Cup:

- I will donate $200 to the Daniel Alfredsson clown academy
- I will not watch hockey for a a period of 12 months
- I will wear a Senators jersey and say I am a Senators fan while walking up and down Yonge Street
- I will praise the city of Ottawa and their fine hockey team for a period of 1 year
- I will acknowledge that hell has finally frozen over
- I will cancel LeafsTV and NHL Centre Ice Package
- I will also give my fantasy team for a total of one year to an associate

#17 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

Printed and tacked to my cubicle wall
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#TradeMelnykNotKarlsson #MelnykOut

#18 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,766 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:03 PM

Will it be an Alfredsson jersey?Also in lieu of not watching hockey for 12 months I suggest you give up LeafsTV for a year.

#19 serge

serge

• Members
  • 50,001 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

yes...Alfredsson jersey

#20 serge

serge

• Members
  • 50,001 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, February 11th, 2008, 1:03 PM, said:

Will it be an Alfredsson jersey?Also in lieu of not watching hockey for 12 months I suggest you give up LeafsTV for a year.
Yes I will cancel LeafsTV and NHL Centre Ice Package..I will also give my fantasy team for a total of one year to an associate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users