W.p.t Tunica Final Table - Discussion/update Thread

wpt-final.jpgDN is in great position to win this one. :icon_clap:Post edited by Daniel Negreanu. Here are my thoughts on the final table players:Seat 1: Gary Kainer 514,000- Despite having a decent sized stack, Gary shows little interest in making standard sized raises, instead making large over-sized all in bets pre-flop when he decides to play. If he does happen to get to a flop, he is a bettor and not a caller.Seat 2: JC Tran 181,000 - A great player. Has started re-raising before the flop more than I once remembered, but is also more than willing to see flops. With his chip count, though, he is left with no choice but to play for it all when he decides to play. If he is able to double up even once, he all of a sudden becomes a dangerous threat. At the moment, he is left defenseless and will have to hope for a hand.Seat 3: Bryan Sumner 596,000- I don't like his approach. A total pre-flop player that plays a pretty ABC game for the most part. Looks to gamble pre-flop by coming over the top of raises. The WPT final table structure will help him out in a big way since the focus becomes pre-flop play at these crapshoot like final tables.Seat 4: Kido Phan 781,000- All kinds of gear shifting, creative play, and determination make this guy a tough, tough, opponent. Has a lot of gamble in him, but showed, specifically at this final table that he knows how to slow down and wait to pick his spots. He is probably the most creative player on the tour right now and he fights for every pot he enters.Seat 5: Young Cho 2,570,000- I wasn't sure what to make of this player until finally getting a chance to play with him at the final table. He isn't to be underestimated. Another crafty player that is conscious about protecting his stack, while at the same time will make moves at pots when he senses weakness. I was expecting him to be a little sloppy, but he hasn't shown any signs of over playing his hands yet. He makes one mistake from the small blind that I'm going to look to exploit since I have position on him.Seat 6: Me! 1,296,000- Looking for my opponents to make the mistakes. Will do my best to play my game up until the structure takes over and forces the action. At that point, I'll be forced to focus on plan B which is... lol, like I'm going to post that, lol.
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seat 1 - Gary Kainer T514,000Seat 2 - JC Tran T181,000Seat 3 - Bryan Sumner T596,000Seat 4 - Kido Pham T731,000Seat 5 - Young Cho T2,571,000Seat 6 - Daniel Negreanu T1,296,000also position on the biggest stacks at the final table.

Wonder how his FT performance this time will compare to the last one, where he was dominant until the final 3. Hope he does not go card dead this time, sure would be good for his confidence to take down a win this time.Don't know anything about this Young Cho dude, but I could see headsup between Kido and Daniel. I think Daniel respects Kido's game quite a bit.

He should wear a Sharks jersey
That would be a little difficult....as he said.I have five jerseys with me for this leg of my trip:Vancouver Canucks: Roberto LuongoLos Angeles Kings: Anze KopitarAnahiem Ducks: Corey PerryChicago Black Hawks: Brent SeabrookFlorida Panthers: Olli Jokinen.So I'm going with Vancouver Canucks: Roberto Luongo

he's obv winning this his only competition was JC and he's short...Kido could be difficult in a 6 handed format but my guess is that he's gonna figure out a way to put his money in PF drawing to 1 out...if he doesn't spike DN should cruise through this.

I think he will have a hat on...his hair is prob still too short :club:
But bald is beautiful :)Anyways, I hope Daniel wins, should get his mind off the food he had to eat :D
So does he sport the new bald look or stick with the hat for the TV final table?
I was on the rail yesterday in Tunica. Daniel was discussing his hat situation with Johnny Grooms. He will definitely be wearing a hat. He can't wear his Full Contact Hat unless he tapes over the logo. I think they were trying to find a fitted WPT hat for him to wear.

Anyone know if DN still plans on playing Borgata main event? I believe it starts tomorrow. I would have to assume the mental/physical grind of playing a final table would effect that, but just curious if he has said either way. Good luck DN.

Here is something for discussion.If you are Young Cho with 2.5 mil in chips seated between DN and Kido what is your strategy for the final table.

Anyone know if DN still plans on playing Borgata main event? I believe it starts tomorrow. I would have to assume the mental/physical grind of playing a final table would effect that, but just curious if he has said either way. Good luck DN.
I noticed that too. I'd bet he does, because he was psyched about his string of consecutive cashes on the WPT. I'm sure he wants to keep the streak alive, although he'll likely be drained after winning this.
Here is something for discussion.If you are Young Cho with 2.5 mil in chips seated between DN and Kido what is your strategy for the final table.
Pick your spots against Daniel, mostly trying to avoid him until they likely get heads up. Push all your big hands hard against Kido, he loves playing lose and you'll most likely have the best of it going to the flop.
re-raise DN preflop play homerun vs. DN as he wont want to get his money in pre unless he has a really big hand, and you are not going to outplay him after the flop. So take DN out of his comfort zone, and vs. Kido you have to be willing to pick your spots and make stands. But in general if I was Cho I would probably try to stay out of their way whenever possible and attack the shorties.