Quiz Question #12

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: All-in or Call? (233 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you do?

1. Call (47 votes [20.17%])

Percentage of vote: 20.17%

2. Go All-in (186 votes [79.83%])

Percentage of vote: 79.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Arjonius

Arjonius

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:30 PM

In a quiz, I can find ways to justify calling. At the table, I can't imagine not putting him all in. Heads up, there's simply no way I'm not taking a shot to win with the second best flush just so I can have 270 more chips if I happen to lose.

#22 BillionStack

BillionStack

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:41 AM

In analyzing the hand soley on betting... I put you on top or middle pair after the flop and your opponent the BB on a draw. After the turn you increase your bet and he calls confirming that he is on a draw perhaps a straight and/or low flush draw. No way he has an overpair. Pure draw here...but taking into account his stack, he has a lot of outs to continue calling. He didn't come over the top on 4th street so 8-9 is not a possibility. After 4th street he is still on a draw and has committed 24% of his stack and is not pot committed. The $700 bet on the river is another 67% of his stack and probably not a representation, the Ac has helped his hand and made a draw. What does he have...let eliminate some hands. He does not have AA as he would have raised much earlier. He doesn't have 8-9 we already eliminated that hand. He does not have Kc Jc as he would have raised on 4th street with top pair and a nut flush draw. I would probably put him on Q-K no club draw or at best the Kc and a 8c or 9c giving him the nut flush draw and a gutshot straight draw. I put him all in as I would be certain that he would have gone all in if he had the nuts...seeing as there is not a full house draw on the board...he has draw a hand but not the nuts....calling all-in is the way to go. You have the best hand !!

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Thursday, March 9th, 2006, 11:53 AM, said:

You are playing a heads up NL sit n' go and have 1700 to your opponents 1300 with blinds at 15-30. You are dealt Q :icon_suit_club: 7 :icon_suit_club: and raise to 80. The big blind calls. The flop comes 10 :icon_suit_club: 7 :icon_suit_spade: 4 :icon_suit_club:. Your opponent checks, and you bet 100- he calls. The turn is J :icon_suit_heart:. Your opponent checks, and you decide to bet again, and bet 150- he calls. The river is the A :icon_suit_club: and now your opponent bets 700 leaving him with only 270 left. You aren't going to fold, but is it a better play to just call, or should you put him all in?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

#23 scatory2

scatory2

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:00 AM

Heads up with any flush, yeah Im putting him all in.

#24 The Nuts

The Nuts

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

Easy one. Go all in.
SuperUberBob: I ****ing hate this game
Zach6668: lol
Zubial: stop playing it
SuperUberBob: I like playing, just not the losing part
Zach6668: LOLZ

#25 aadams_22

aadams_22

Shit Pickle

• Members
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:41 PM

All-in
2009 FCP Fantasy Baseball Keeper League Champion

#26 Shizzmoney

Shizzmoney

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Interests:Poker, obviously!
  • Favorite Poker Game:Razz

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:12 AM

All-in, baby!If he has K :club: -x :D, well then good luck to him.* There is more of a probability he has a straight and will pay you off, anyways. This also sounds like a possible bluff on the villian's part.*And knowing Daniel's luck, he probably did! lol Cooler
Doctor: "Ma'am, we don't like using the term, "Crazy" for our patients. We prefer calling them, "Mentally Hilarious".

Full Tilt, Bodog, PokerStars, AP: Shizzmoney

#27 Fat Tye

Fat Tye

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

Q high flush is a strong hand, esp HU. I push here. If I do have the best hand, I want to end this tourney now, not give him any chance to rush & make a comeback. I say if you have a hand bet it. If he happens to have a better hand, good for him, now we have some work to do to mount the comeback. I don't think you ever want to miss an opportunity to win it all & I think we have that here.
Hey, it could happen to anyone.
It just seems to happen to the stupid people first.

#28 joeblow

joeblow

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:56 AM

Isn't his pot bet and no all-in begging for a call? Or maybe he would bet smaller in that case?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users