Hi guys, just a heads up, we worked out the "issues" we were having with the files on my computer and a bunch of my content will be released tomorrow. It will be a bit of everything including:A Heads Up match from the WCOOP$1-$2 No Limit Hold'em SessionThe Sunday Million From here on in, every week you'll get a new heads up video, some tournament stuff, as well as some cash. That, plus the video updates of actual live hands that we cut up, both with headphones and without. I'm tryin' y'all :-)

Ok, slightly annoying y'all, the updates were supposed to be on the site today but the meaty stuff isn't up there yet. Apparently it takes several hours to upload the videos and they didn't get them up. I'm on it, though, crackin' heads and will this stuff squared away and the content should be more consistently updated from here on in every Tuesday.

Ok, slightly annoying y'all, the updates were supposed to be on the site today but the meaty stuff isn't up there yet. Apparently it takes several hours to upload the videos and they didn't get them up. I'm on it, though, crackin' heads and will this stuff squared away and the content should be more consistently updated from here on in every Tuesday.
Fire someone if you have to!
I can't wait to see the Sunday Milion and others awesome VIDS :club:
Me to, I just wish he was true to his word, as its end of day Thurs and I still don't see the new videos he has been talking about?Daniel, what gives?
Me to, I just wish he was true to his word, as its end of day Thurs and I still don't see the new videos he has been talking about?Daniel, what gives?
patience is a virtue
But that hardly applies to a service you pay a monthly fee for IMO.I'm disappointed, not by Daniel cause it shows that he's really trying, but rather by the PVT administration for making it look like they don't care.
You're right, he has had the content ready for over a week and keeps telling us it is going to be uploaded.So I take that back, I don't blame you Daniel I blame the PVT staff, come on guys don't make him look foolish by not uploading the videos he has promised us!

I was at the studio today filming some live stuff and getting on them about the content. They have assured me they'll get it done tomorrow and once we are past this little rough patch things will run smoothly from here on out and I won't look like a liar anymore! :-) We will get this right guys, we will. The stuff is ready and just needs to be uploaded at this point. He told me he could get the first heads up match up for sure, and then about 20 minutes each of $1-$2 NL hold'em video and 20 minutes of the Sunday Million I shot.

I was at the studio today filming some live stuff and getting on them about the content. They have assured me they'll get it done tomorrow and once we are past this little rough patch things will run smoothly from here on out and I won't look like a liar anymore! :-) We will get this right guys, we will. The stuff is ready and just needs to be uploaded at this point. He told me he could get the first heads up match up for sure, and then about 20 minutes each of $1-$2 NL hold'em video and 20 minutes of the Sunday Million I shot.
:club:
sounds like your "they and he" is/are dragging his/their feet(s). you guys are in vegas, your datacenter is in vegas and uploading these videos is not a major undertaking (plus you could probably walk them in on dvd and copy it faster vs uploading with a 256kbps uplink). adding the content to the pages should be trivial as well. perhaps a mencoding or other is required, certainly index injecting but that's a quick process.don't mean to bash your techies but i'm a paying P-VT sucker, er student, and technology is my profession (until p-vt turns me pro?) - give me some solid technical reasons b/c my read tells me someone is just dropping the ball. my guess is, to put your techies on a range of excuses, they got caught up in a game or studying the videos first to take to the tables heh.to analyze further. you see/sense everyone's anxiety, post a little premature settle'r and then follow up - all just buying time. you are telling a story, this is like a bet, check-raise turn setup.man i'm a card (not a black joker, not a suicide heart either)seriously 'greanu do not mean to offend, hope someone gets the video onto a server that can stream it to us. your site(s) are cool, you are [one of] the best, <insert more sunshine here>. i don't care much about the money, just keep content coming and i'll keep paying you off.
sounds like your "they and he" is/are dragging his/their feet(s). you guys are in vegas, your datacenter is in vegas and uploading these videos is not a major undertaking (plus you could probably walk them in on dvd and copy it faster vs uploading with a 256kbps uplink). adding the content to the pages should be trivial as well. perhaps a mencoding or other is required, certainly index injecting but that's a quick process.don't mean to bash your techies but i'm a paying P-VT sucker, er student, and technology is my profession (until p-vt turns me pro?) - give me some solid technical reasons b/c my read tells me someone is just dropping the ball. my guess is, to put your techies on a range of excuses, they got caught up in a game or studying the videos first to take to the tables heh.to analyze further. you see/sense everyone's anxiety, post a little premature settle'r and then follow up - all just buying time. you are telling a story, this is like a bet, check-raise turn setup.man i'm a card (not a black joker, not a suicide heart either)seriously 'greanu do not mean to offend, hope someone gets the video onto a server that can stream it to us. your site(s) are cool, you are [one of] the best, . i don't care much about the money, just keep content coming and i'll keep paying you off.
The holidays are what delayed things. I'm a total tech idiot, so they set it up at my house and then a guy has to come and pick up the file. Thursday was Thanksgiving and the weekend they don't work. I told them to come get it early Monday morning for a Tuesday release. They didn't get the files till Tuesday afternoon, As far as the process of them getting up is concerned, as you can see it is a very cool site in terms of being user friendly and they always make things look "nice." They also edit the long videos into segments. You are right, it shouldn't take all that long, but I had a good discussion with them today about how I'd like to roll out my content from here on out. I'm going to try to get out at least an hour of fresh content out myself, covering heads up, tournaments, and cash each week. The boys we are bringing on board seem motivated and there should be more than enough solid, fresh content coming out every week. In addition to that content, there will three video hands that we did, both normal and headphone hands a week. I shot some absolutely hilarious hands with Brad. Also, Josh just goes on stone cold tilt against Brad and some of it is pretty funny along with being educational!
The holidays are what delayed things. I shot some absolutely hilarious hands with Brad. Also, Josh just goes on stone cold tilt against Brad and some of it is pretty funny along with being educational!
I hear it. Family + holidays delays everything (these are good delays of course).[tech talk] I know it takes more than what I simplified it to (but not much for recorded online). I know the delay is not mere uploading holding up your awaiting fans and students. I thought that would have been the reply - waiting for one of the tech guys to 'come over the top'. Sounds great with the live play and your analysis - one of the things that sold me on PVT when I first checked it out. I'm sure you have lots of donkey's willing to give up some buyins to get involved in your studio, and while i'm not a donkey (much anymore) I'll play one if you need heh Btw I think I have picked up on 2 tells with your online play. Stake me and we'll play HU :club: (kinda like hellmuth's insurance eh?)

I can probably talk about the tech side of things better than DN can. They do have to watermark, edit, and process the vids, as you know - and that's about it for online, so it's a pretty fast turnover. Stuff can be prepared fairly fast, as long as they know it's coming in advance and aren't preoccupied with other projects. These guys do quite often have a lot of work on their plates though so sometimes there's a backlog of stuff which sometimes accounts for the slowdowns. Worst case scenario, the content is ready for publication within a few days. The live content requires quite a bit more of labor before it can go up, but I don't think you're talking about that.

I'm a total tech idiot, so they set it up at my house
"They". I get no credit whatsoever for making the sunday million replayer magically work huh?? :club:
"They". I get no credit whatsoever for making the sunday million replayer magically work huh?? :club:
he was just protecting his newest pvt pro. and last thing you want is DN calling you at 2am PST for troublshooting help hehbtw its up people! (not a viraga plug) /changetopic "Friday Update"--edit well 1/9 is upedit edit edit ... uh well they sure made it look good, but its a mistake.. they did this before too, doubled your video, but at least that one they gave the same name. this they put the same 1/2 NLH cash game for both video spots. I tried different browsers so its not a cache issue
Online Strategy with Daniel Negreanu: 1/2 No Limit with Kid Poker      1/2 No Limit with Kid Poker Part 1 of 6 12/05/2008       Online Strategy with Daniel Negreanu: Deep in the Sunday Million: A Lesson in Extreme Small Ball      Deep in the Sunday Million: A Lesson in Extreme Small Ball Part 1 of 9 12/05/2008 

he was just protecting his newest pvt pro. and last thing you want is DN calling you at 2am PST for troublshooting help hehbtw its up people! (not a viraga plug) /changetopic "Friday Update"--edit well 1/9 is up
When I try and bring up the Sunday Million video I get the $1/2 NL one.They must have uploaded it twice, anyone else have this problem?

yes I do. but I edited my post as not to double post.kinda funny they are not double checking themselves. they even sent out an emai. I think they let loose a little premature due to the pressure of paying users demanding new content.

sounds like your "they and he" is/are dragging his/their feet(s). you guys are in vegas, your datacenter is in vegas and uploading these videos is not a major undertaking (plus you could probably walk them in on dvd and copy it faster vs uploading with a 256kbps uplink). adding the content to the pages should be trivial as well. perhaps a mencoding or other is required, certainly index injecting but that's a quick process.don't mean to bash your techies but i'm a paying P-VT sucker, er student, and technology is my profession (until p-vt turns me pro?) - give me some solid technical reasons b/c my read tells me someone is just dropping the ball. my guess is, to put your techies on a range of excuses, they got caught up in a game or studying the videos first to take to the tables heh.to analyze further. you see/sense everyone's anxiety, post a little premature settle'r and then follow up - all just buying time. you are telling a story, this is like a bet, check-raise turn setup.man i'm a card (not a black joker, not a suicide heart either)seriously 'greanu do not mean to offend, hope someone gets the video onto a server that can stream it to us. your site(s) are cool, you are [one of] the best, <insert more sunshine here>. i don't care much about the money, just keep content coming and i'll keep paying you off.
The delay on content is not Daniel's fault, he has not been dragging his feet whatsoever and has put a great amount of time into Poker VT. The tech delays and hold ups have been due to corrupted files. The bugs have been worked out and the transition of uploaded content to PVT modules will be much smoother.So quit bustin his -----! :club:
When I try and bring up the Sunday Million video I get the $1/2 NL one.They must have uploaded it twice, anyone else have this problem?
Thanks, this is being corrected. I'll let you know when it's been fixed.