2009 Mlb Allstar Game

Texas Rangers are really getting the votes out for their players.Kinsler 1st at 2nd base while batting .268 with 50 RBI'sYoung 4th at 3rd base batting .310Andrus 3rd at SS while batting .263Saltalmachia 4th at catcher while batting .250Hamilton 3rd in the OF while on the D.L. and batting .240

Texas Rangers are really getting the votes out for their players.Kinsler 1st at 2nd base while batting .268 with 50 RBI'sYoung 4th at 3rd base batting .310Andrus 3rd at SS while batting .263Saltalmachia 4th at catcher while batting .250Hamilton 3rd in the OF while on the D.L. and batting .240
I'm not a Rangers fan, but c'mon.Kinsler leads AL 2B in OPS. Tied for 1st in HRs, 2nd in RBI, 1st in SB. That's not deserving of starting in the AS Game?Young's statistics this year are in the top 4 3B, easily. Christ, he's 5th in AL in BA.Andrus doesn't belong, and Hamilton is still drawing votes from last year. Everyone wants him in the HR Derby.

Not doggin' the players just noticing that they are getting votes. There are plenty of comparable players not getting votes, so the Rangers fans are doing a good job. It's tough to beat out any player from the east coast.33 players on each allstar team this year, 20 players and 13 pitchers.I think I caught on the radio that not every team will have to have a representative. Hope that is true.

I was going to be a little upset at the rosters but then I remembered that it was fans voting and not a true representation of the best in baseball at this moment and time.3 Tigers made the team and one on the final roster spot. I think there is a argument for all but one on whether they should or should not be there.Verlander earned his spot. Started off shaky and then really dominated. Jackson? If you watch every start from him you would say that he deserves it. But an outsider might see the 6-4 record and think he doesn't belong as there are pitchers out there will better records, but this kid has been great and he gets absolutely no run support whatsoever or the bullpen blows up (though rare as he goes into the 8th pretty often it seems). His ERA is obviously 2nd best in the AL though.Granderson? I loooove Grandy but I don't get this one at all. Batting .256, strike outs galore. 18 dingers is really nice but the 43 RBI's is not that warm and fuzzy and he has been put into the middle of the lineup often this year. Glad to see another Tiger on the roster but someone else deserved this spot more imo.Inge...batting .269 19HR and 54 RBI's and arguably one of the top 3rd baseman defensively in the league. He should be in Grandy's spot imo. Personally I think he should be in Youngs spot to be really honest. Oh well, nothing to get excited about since fans vote these people in. Just thought I would post to waste 5 min of my day.

Biggest joke of this years "All-Star" voting by far. I, for one, will lose a lot of respect for Hamilton if he accepts the vote and decides to play.
Biggest joke of this years "All-Star" voting by far. I, for one, will lose a lot of respect for Hamilton if he accepts the vote and decides to play.
Last I heard he was planning on playing.
Last I heard he was planning on playing.
Why wouldn't he play? Just because the system is stupid, doesn't mean he should deem his own opinion more important than the fans' that voted. Well, gee, thanks to all the Ranger's fans for all the votes, but since there are obviously more people that think I shouldn't be there but they didn't have the time or care enough to vote, I decline.
Why wouldn't he play? Just because the system is stupid, doesn't mean he should deem his own opinion more important than the fans' that voted. Well, gee, thanks to all the Ranger's fans for all the votes, but since there are obviously more people that think I shouldn't be there but they didn't have the time or care enough to vote, I decline.
Yeah if it was me, I would play.
if you think this is the reason he shouldn't be there, then you're just ignorant...or playing ignorant.
Yeah if it was me, I would play.
so if you had just come off the DL, your first priority would be to rush back in time for the all-star game? Cause mine would be to come back healthy and take the few extra days off so I could help my team in their stretch run...and most smart Rangers fans should want the same
so if you had just come off the DL, your first priority would be to rush back in time for the all-star game? Cause mine would be to come back healthy and take the few extra days off so I could help my team in their stretch run...and most smart Rangers fans should want the same
Yes.If I was an elite athlete in my mid-twenties, had just come back from a rehab assignment and played a weeks worth of games in the bigs, I would prob honor the fans and play in the game-assuming that I didn't have any setbacks during the run up to the allstar game.However I think he shouldn't be there in the first place. He doesn't deserve it.
However I think he shouldn't be there in the first place. He doesn't deserve it.
of course he shouldn't be there, and he should recognize this and let a deserving player take his place...especially because he's coming off the DL. And the fact that he probably won't step aside, is just another example of why the all star game will continue to be nothing more than a complete joke and waste of time.
if you think this is the reason he shouldn't be there, then you're just ignorant...or playing ignorant.
Yes.
of course he shouldn't be there, and he should recognize this and let a deserving player take his place...especially because he's coming off the DL.
No.
... the all star game will continue to be nothing more than a complete joke and waste of time.
Yes.
I spoke to Josh....he's losing sleep over you not respecting him.
Konerko/Dye robbed
c'mon, who wants to see two guys hovering around .300 (one at .310), with 15+ homers each, and 50+ rbi. When you can watch a guy who's batting .263, 6 hr's, and 24 rbi? Get real.

If the fans vote for you, you should go. It is just disrespectful to the fans not to (even if the fans are tards).The only exception would be a case like Manny where there is a suspension for cheating involved.

Hard to believe the Angels, with the 4th best record in the Majors, have only 1 representative.With Hunter and Pedroia going down I was hopping Figgins would get chosen, though I understand the choices of Nelson Cruz and Carlos Pena as they have good power numbers. I thought Madden would probably pick Kinsler to replace Perdoia.Since the game has meaning for home field advantage, it makes sense to get rid of mandatory player for each team. You are an allstar or you are not.

If the fans vote for you, you should go. It is just disrespectful to the fans not to (even if the fans are tards).The only exception would be a case like Manny where there is a suspension for cheating involved.
So its is only ok if there are exceptions? ..... :club:
Hard to believe the Angels, with the 4th best record in the Majors, have only 1 representative.With Hunter and Pedroia going down I was hopping Figgins would get chosen, though I understand the choices of Nelson Cruz and Carlos Pena as they have good power numbers. I thought Madden would probably pick Kinsler to replace Perdoia.Since the game has meaning for home field advantage, it makes sense to get rid of mandatory player for each team. You are an allstar or you are not.
No, but it does make sense to get rid of the game meaning something.
No, but it does make sense to get rid of the game meaning something.
Disagree in the sense that each team needs a player. I'd watch just as much if the were no rep's from my team.