Full Tilt 25nl 6 maxStacks are even at 25Hero completes A :club: 7 :D in the sb, bb checksFlop (2 players, .50)Q :D J :D 4 :D Hero checks, BB bets .75, Hero raises to 3,BB callsTurn (2 players, pot 6.50)4 :) Hero bets 5, BB callsRiver (2 players, 16.50)J :) Hero?I have about 17 left...

Full Tilt 25nl 6 maxStacks are even at 25Hero completes A :club: 7 :D in the sb, bb checksFlop (2 players, .50)Q :D J :D 4 :D Hero checks, BB bets .75, Hero raises to 3,BB callsTurn (2 players, pot 6.50)4 :) Hero bets 5, BB callsRiver (2 players, 16.50)J :) Hero?I have about 17 left...
Pukes because he realizes that if the board can bring another Jd, that means the villain could have a better Ax flush.But seriously - assuming the river is another J (non-diamond), check and call a teeny bet, fold to anything else. I don't really like a blocker bet because it really telegraphs exactly what you have.Yeah it's bvb, but you're not beating anything here that decides to bet other than air/Kd-X that decided to float two streets against you on a scary board that you've shown a ton of strength on (unlikely). KdQx is the main possibility of a hand you're beating that might decide to bluff with a made hand, but BB usually raises that in BVB preflop. At these stakes a lower flush is checking behind the river or putting in a 3rd raise on the flop. You get bet at on the river, it's by QJ, Q4, J4, or KdJx a lot more than any of the hands above.

I lead the flop as I do with all of my monsters. Why? Because you want to, one, charge him for drawing dead if he does indeed have a hand like Kdx. But more importantly you want to take his stack. You can only do this if he's got a hand worth going to war with and if you start building the pot early on. You want action from big queens, two pair combos, sets, and big draws. You cannot get this action unless you start betting. What hand could possibly "catch up" to you on the turn that wouldn't defend itself on the flop? It cannot be a king high flush because you could easily punish that on the flop (the player likely thinks he's got 9, possibly 12 outs). It cannot really even be three of a kind (like 9-4) because players are only willing to go so far with trips on flush boards. When you get action on later streets, then, it'll be from fullhouses. Plus, it looks suspicious to c/r on this dangerous board. Leading could mean almost anything in BvB, hands as weak as 6-4, and therefore you encourage him to raise with weaker hands like QT. As played I check/fold (unless it's something stupidly small).

I have a hard time thinking middle pair or a 4 is going to just call the flop with three diamonds on the flop. unless it's AJ (and I would imagine he'd raise preflop, but i dunno), I don't think he's just trying to call it down. The four gets off on the flop (K diamond + 4/J4/Q4 are the only 4s that I think calls the flop). i toss out a blocking bet of ~5 on the river. if i get raised (and i'd probably be put all in) i can toss it knowing i'm definitely beat. if i just get called it's from a worse flush or a 4. i'd also have bet the full pot (7.25 if i'm not mistaken) on the turn.Hands that we're likely to see that beat us: QJ J4 Q4 King of diamonds + 4 maybe?