Let's Go Clubbin' (sh) (3/6)

Bodog 3/6 NLHE (5-handed)UTG $912CO $557Cobalt $886SB $1381BB $623Cobalt is Button w/ J :D 7 :D. Both CO and I have taken some recent hits. I've been somewhat LAGish. I consider myself the best player at the table. UTG/CO are loose-donkish and blinds are relatively TAG. UTG posted.Pre-flop:UTG checks, CO calls, Cobalt calls, 1 fold, BB checksFlop ($27): 7 :club: 9 :D 2 :) (5 players)BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets $30, Cobalt raises to $100, 2 folds, CO callsTurn ($230): 2 :D (2 players)CO bets $150, Cobalt callsRiver ($530): 6 :) (2 players)CO bets $144, Cobalt callsThe turn donkbet took me by surprise...he hadn't done that before.

I think I shove here without thinking most of the time, but wow, it is really hard to put the villain on a hand here. It is unlikely he has a duce, this really doesn't feel like a flush or boat, because I think they both shove river. But what else plays like this? If he has air, there is no value in raising the river anyways. He is pretty pot committed at this point, but I just can't think of too many hands you beat that actually call you. Maybe A9 or T8, but if he has the flush, unfortunately most of the suited connectors for smaller flushes are on the board. If your missing value by not better the river, it is definitely not that much.I donno, your better then me, what do you do?

I think a shove on the river here is standard given stack sizes. His bet just seems too weak not to raise.Cwik says most of the SCs for clubs are already out there, but 34, 35, 45, 56, 68, T8 are all flushes that we beat while we lose to Axcc, KTcc, QTcc and KQcc and really I think that KQcc is raising from the CO most of the time.He's got so much of his stack in the pot that his calling range has to be wider than normal and I can't see any reason not to shove here.FTR, yes I see the board is paired, but his bets just seem too weak to be a boat unless he's inducing a push on the river which is a pretty sweet play by him.

Not sure what to think here, I can't see why he keeps betting on the river when the club comes. The donk bet on the turn may suggest a house, but I don't want to rule out him having JJ or TT, that kind of hand. I don't see him betting with the flush draw like that on the turn (with a hand like KcQc) after the raise on the flop. I guess I call here, but ISAP.

Bodog 3/6 NLHE (5-handed)UTG $912CO $557Cobalt $886SB $1381BB $623Cobalt is Button w/ J :D 7 :D. Both CO and I have taken some recent hits. I've been somewhat LAGish. I consider myself the best player at the table. UTG/CO are loose-donkish and blinds are relatively TAG. UTG posted.Pre-flop:UTG checks, CO calls, Cobalt calls, 1 fold, BB checksFlop ($27): 7 :club: 9 :D 2 :) (5 players)BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets $30, Cobalt raises to $100, 2 folds, CO callsTurn ($230): 2 :D (2 players)CO bets $150, Cobalt callsRiver ($530): 6 :) (2 players)CO bets $144, Cobalt callsThe turn donkbet took me by surprise...he hadn't done that before.
OK, I re-examined the hand. This is a straight or top two a lot.
Don't see how you come to the conclusion that this is either of those 2 hands.
"UTG/CO are loose-donkish"Villain limped from CO with a gapper. I'll broaden the range to include: 79 8T maybe something like 67 69 sooted. PPs are going to raise PF. Big hands are going to raise PF. Anything with a duck in it is going to be folded. What else makes him like his hand enough to stick it in when he didn't raise PF?
First, I like raising to 36 preflop as everyone looks quite weak and we have postion.Given how it was played, shove the river. He'd be commited to call with a lot of hands we beat given stack sizes.
OK, I re-examined the hand. This is a straight or top two a lot.
Top two? You mean 79? That doesn't make sense.A more likely scenario after Cobalt raised the flop the villian may have been afraid of top two but when the board paired villian thought his overpair counterfeited Cobalts top two. Actually that doesnt make sense either as TT+ prolly would have raised preflop, but I doubt this is top two.
I'm a nit and just call the river here. I agree with Gabe about raising PF though. Or just folding, which would probably be standard.
Eh, i'm not sure about this, i think I like the call. This is the type of hand we want multiple people in the pot. And given that the BB is a TAG, we're forcing him to play a hand he may not exactly be comfortable with. Plus, if he's been playing laggish, he probably wants to keep most pots small. As far as the hand goes like nothing he can hold makes sense. I can't give him credit for a set, because why would he lead into the aggressor when he boats up? The reason he'd cold call a set would be to c-raise the turn... 9-7 seems to be the only thing that makes any sense, i gotta shove.Edt: actually, 10-8 diamonds would make a ton of sense.
Cwik says most of the SCs for clubs are already out there, but 34, 35, 45, 56, 68, T8 are all flushes that we beat while we lose to Axcc, KTcc, QTcc and KQcc and really I think that KQcc is raising from the CO most of the time.
For what it's worth, this particular villain probably isn't raising KcQc in that spot. (Same villain as in the AA hand.)
For what it's worth, this particular villain probably isn't raising KcQc in that spot. (Same villain as in the AA hand.)
That matters.I just shove here still. Given that the turn brought a BDFD and that BDFD didn't have top pair, I think that makes up a chunk of his range right there and he's now trying to get to showdown. I mean, A9dd works here. As well as 68dd, T8dd and some other stuff. I dunno, this seems like a really easy shove considering how invested he already is and that we don't really have a tiny flush.
Edt: actually, 10-8 diamonds would make a ton of sense.
You get a gold star.Guess I lost some value on the river...couldn't figure out how there was much value in it though. If I've got Kc7c, I do think I put him in. For those of you advocating the push, there's got to be a threshold, right? I wouldn't think you're pushing any flush.
You get a gold star.Guess I lost some value on the river...couldn't figure out how there was much value in it though. If I've got Kc7c, I do think I put him in. For those of you advocating the push, there's got to be a threshold, right? I wouldn't think you're pushing any flush.
I'd push the J high flush but I think the T high flush would be the decision point where I'd push sometimes and fold sometimes. It's just that he's got so little left and is committed to calling you so often, you do get more value for pushing the flushes. Come to think of it, I'd push the T high too and call with the 8 high.
"UTG/CO are loose-donkish"Villain limped from CO with a gapper. I'll broaden the range to include: 79 8T maybe something like 67 69 sooted. PPs are going to raise PF. Big hands are going to raise PF. Anything with a duck in it is going to be folded. What else makes him like his hand enough to stick it in when he didn't raise PF?
You get a gold star.
..... 'ello?

this seems like a rediculous flop bet for the CO while holding T8. granted I don't play this high, and he's been labeled as donkish, but whats the purpose of that? just trying to buy it there? do we have to go with donk = random reasoning? I'd expect this to be a 9 protecting himself from the flush draw more often.more importantly, why do we raise here? I'm not necessarily arguing against it, but I'm curious to know your reasoning. how are we expecting CO to react? I guess it's safe to assume we get called here a lot. are we expecting a check on the turn then? what are we looking for on the turn, and what are our lines if we hit/miss?

this seems like a rediculous flop bet for the CO while holding T8. granted I don't play this high, and he's been labeled as donkish, but whats the purpose of that? just trying to buy it there? do we have to go with donk = random reasoning? I'd expect this to be a 9 protecting himself from the flush draw more often.more importantly, why do we raise here? I'm not necessarily arguing against it, but I'm curious to know your reasoning. how are we expecting CO to react? I guess it's safe to assume we get called here a lot. are we expecting a check on the turn then? what are we looking for on the turn, and what are our lines if we hit/miss?
? It all makes sense
He has an OESD on a relatively harmless looking board otherwise and he has position on most of the field. The bet here is standard.We raise becuase we have a combo draw and huge equity against many hands and we have position as well. Raising here is also 100% standard. It's a value raise. We will play for stacks. We raise becuase he can fold a hand like T9 that currently beats us.
He has an OESD on a relatively harmless looking board otherwise and he has position on most of the field. The bet here is standard.We raise becuase we have a combo draw and huge equity against many hands and we have position as well. Raising here is also 100% standard. It's a value raise. We will play for stacks. We raise becuase he can fold a hand like T9 that currently beats us.
Thanks, you do a great job of distilling all the information in a hand. I always look forward to your responses. I guess I need to work on putting it all together.You should write a book. I would buy it.oh, and @mtdesmoines: it probably does, but sometimes I need to be told exactly why :club: