Playing Suited Connectors Oop ($100 Nl)

I'm running at 26/14/2.6. Villain is 22/16/7 in about 220 hands. He's seen me 3-bet pretty liberally out of the blinds, and I'd been playing him in position aggressively. I decided to just call here because I thought there was a good chance he'd call a 3-bet/my skill level would negate my positional disadvantage. But feel free to berate my pf play anyway. :)Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($186.05)Hero ($104)BB ($73.60)UTG ($63.45)MP ($96.50)CO ($46.55)Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 :) , 8 :) . 2 folds, Button raises to $3.5, Hero calls $3, 1 fold.Flop: ($8) 8 :D , 2 :D , 8 :club:(3 players)Hero checks, Button bets $4, Hero raises to $12, Button calls $8.Turn: ($32) K :D(3 players)Hero bets $25, Button raises to $107, Hero goes all-in for $88.50.River: ($209) 9 :D(3 players)Final Pot: $209What do we think?

The converter messed that up... that's really weird that happened. I adjusted it, except I didn't include that villain was returned $18.50 in the end since he covered me.

because of above poster, call pf :Dcr little bigger on flopi bet/fold turn
I know you like splashing and play a LAG style and all. But Shinz' PT stats seem to point to the fact that he's calling in spots like this PF too much. If you are confident in your postflop play call in position, reraise in position, reraise OOP, but against a TAGs stats and with OPs loose/passive-ish stats I don't think it's a good idea to call here.
I know you like splashing and play a LAG style and all. But Shinz' PT stats seem to point to the fact that he's calling in spots like this PF too much. If you are confident in your postflop play call in position, reraise in position, reraise OOP, but against a TAGs stats and with OPs loose/passive-ish stats I don't think it's a good idea to call here.
I should've mentioned that I'd only been at the table for 30 or so hands and that Villain's stats were over our entire history of play. If I had stats like that regularly, I'd be alarmed, but I'm happy to say that I'm running at 21/17/4.7 over 6,000 hands or so at UB's $100 NL. But I think you're right, in terms of how I was playing at that table. I got to watch that in the future.

Check raising is the right line, if you donk then you don't induce a continuation bet from the button if he misses, and he is probably going to over play his PP either way. I'm not thrilled about the pre-flop call, I'd do it in the BB for certain, but doing it in the SB is kind of sketchy. I'd probably 3Bet that hand for a re-steal instead of a call there, depending on how loose of a positional raiser the button is.

I think you sucked out on a Flush. Nice work.
FYPAlso FWIW this is one of the better hand to play out of the blinds if you're flatting. Especially since almost every way I connect with SC's I'm c-ring

I'd think about what the turn raise is supposed to be representing and whether that kind of hand is likely here. A better 8? Aren't A8, K8 3-betting the flop? Don't most flush draws 3-bet the flop with his aggression factor? I mean, I can see villain flatting the FD in position, but what kind of hand are we going to see more here? King with xh is going comprise of a huge part of his range.

haha I'm retarded. I wrote that post after getting 4 hours of sleep cause I was cramming for a midterm I bombed. Oops! That last sentence should read "Kings with xh are going to comprise a huge part of his range." I shouldn't say huge. But villain's range is really polarized here and I'm leaning towards the weaker side of the range. Do people agree?

haha I'm retarded. I wrote that post after getting 4 hours of sleep cause I was cramming for a midterm I bombed. Oops! That last sentence should read "Kings with xh are going to comprise a huge part of his range." I shouldn't say huge. But villain's range is really polarized here and I'm leaning towards the weaker side of the range. Do people agree?
Who you callin' "you people?"