What Is Your Tournament Strategy In The First Rounds? Tight, Lose, Both ..

What is your tournament strategy in the first rounds? Tight, lose, both ..
i usually play to lose in the first houror too loose, whicheverthis thread is going places

I usually like to build a crazy table image by being super loose, call everything and show.Then pray they don't move me.It's not very succesfull.Okay it's really bad.Actually I play ABC and try to get maximum value for big hands since the players are mostly bad at the first few level. I don't know why they make us good players even play in these levels. They should let us join in after like level 5 with 5xs the normal starting stack.Yea...that's the ticket

I prefer to play scoopable hands only, as most of the betting in the first 2 blind levels is capped by at least 5 idiots, so your potential to come out a big winner by even only locking up half of the pot is overwhelmingly +EV. Other than that, fold any hand containing an eight or a 9 that doesnt have 3 premium cards to make up for it, don't play high only hands, and try not to play A2 without some counterfeit protection, because lord only knows you don't want to put more than 5% of your stack in the middle multi-way hoping to flop perfect only to get quartered. Also, don't hold much stock in being suited unless you have the nut flush draw: it's a trouble hand that will cost you. Lower rank suited hands are only viable as additional flopped or backdoor re-draws against *one* or two opponents, not against a large field. Remember that you also want all four of your cards working together at all times: suited, paired, and/or connecting. This is important even moreso in the early going, because you will be contending with capped streets and large fields with any number of holdings.<passed the torch to Kowboy Koop>OK, Kowboy, now take him through stud!

What is your tournament strategy in the first rounds? Tight, lose, both ..
I dont turn up to a tournament until the first rounds are over.Phil helmuth does it and DN applied it in the limit tournament of the WSOP so it must be the optimum strategy.

I tend to section off 1/3 of my starting stack for aggressive style of play... of course as you add on to that stack you also in return get the image of a very loose table image. Then i start to shut down on that style when they start to change to that style and just wait for my time to come.... and when I am in that pot with another persont they will think I am just being aggressive when infact I have trips... which pays off really well.... I do really great in the beginnning and middle of the tourney but my mid-late to late is really rough and I find myself having to either play supertight till i get into that 50/50 coin flip to pass the bubble or just run into other aggressive donkeys because they put me at the table with the other big stacks.... which are all a bunch of luck sacks....

I will give you steps into becoming a winning MTT playerStep 1: Go to www.cardrunners.comStep 2: Sign up for cardrunnersStep 3: Watch every single ActionJeff video they haveStep 4: Win millionz

I always tell myself I should play more LAG since most players now play a tighter style in the early levels, but it just isn't happening for me. I still play fairly ABC TAG until the antes kick in.Now I need to stop playing such a cash game style of play during the mid-stages. It's been a tough transition for me.

I play only micros, so I play pretty freakin tight in the early rounds on the grounds that I will get paid off for big hands, and that bluffing has little to no value. I make larger than average raises with big hands, and pretty much fold the rest. In turbos, my goal is to get AIPF with good holdings, and hope they hold. With standard structures, I like to punish people who limp or call raises weakly, but I dont mind seeing flops.

Lose (lol)JT < K5o when flop comes JT5 QTs < Q9oAJs < KToKK < J7 (fckn retard calling station flops top pair and 3 bets of 2/3 pot can't get him off it lol)Yes, these are all ways I got knocked out of tourneys...